DAYS OF OUR LIVES, NBC/Global
“I have decided that it’s in the best interest of the show’s future to make this change in order to improve Days both visually and emotionally,” says exec producer Ken Corday. “We at Days are grateful to Ed Scott for all of his contributions and amazing energy over the past year. Gary Tomlin brings a long successful history of being an actor’s producer and a writer’s producer to our cast and crew and I know the viewers will see the immediate results of this change for the better.”
Translation: I’m on vacation — leave me the hell alone! Does anyone have James E. Reilly’s phone number?
Days of Our Lives, NBC
WHAT THEY SAY
: Someone dies!
• After her affair with Daniel Kasnoff is exposed, Kate learns devastating news!
• Trent goes insane and targets Nick and Melanie.
• The big four are only played during sweeps.
• Blah, blah, blah — it depends on who’s writing the show this week.
• Someone dies and comes back from the dead.WHAT I SAY
: Kate is pregnant!
• Martha Byrne is cast as Abby Deveraux!
• Dena Higley earns the best reviews of her career when “Marlena faces her biggest challenge yet: She develops cerebral palsy.”
• Kate learns she’s pregnant with Daniel’s baby. Alison Sweeney absconds with Lauren Koslow’s pregnancy pad.
• Viewers learn the big diva writing the show is none other than Frances Reid (Alice)!
• During a leisurely drive, Chelsea kills Morgan, Melanie, Trent, and every other twit who annoys the hell out of me. Including its head writer, whomever that is this week.
• Orpheus returns and announces: “John, I am your father.” Soap Opera Digest makes millions.
• Abe and Marlena fall in love, which lead John and Lexie to have sex.
• Wayne Northrop returns as Roman, and Josh Taylor’s one-note version of the character is erased from all our memories, DiMera style!http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Special_Features/Fall_Preview_2008/Articles/080811_soaps_NB