Viewing Single Post From: Daytime Confidential: Summer Blind Items
May 21 2012, 08:56 PM
- June 14, 2007
- Favorite Current Daytime Soap Opera
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Dark Shadows
- Favorite Current Primetime Soap Opera
- Favorite Primetime Soap Opera of All Time
- Twitter ID
- Facebook ID
- YouTube ID
- dc cubs
- May 20 2012, 11:16 AM
Source: Daytime Confidential
It's been awhile since I offered up some Blind Items, and with only four daytime soaps left in production, I will have to attempt to be trickier than usual. Here goes!
Youthful Essences: For a long stretch of time this sudser wasn't even receiving network notes; now it is, and the overarching sentiment is GO YOUNGER! This doesn't bode well for a recently-returned vet, who could soon be on his or her way out, along with the actress or actor he or she shares the majority of scenes with.
Backburnered as Punishment: This soap's showrunners could care less how popular a certain actor or actress is. The thesp-in-question is reportedly being backburnered as punishment for speaking out. Way to put the soap first, vengeful execs!
Paging Bobby Ewing: The head writer(s) of this soap—which finds itself once again amid backstage turmoil—pitched a storyline that would basically say the last year's worth of story was all a dream. Yeah, because fans loved it so much when Dallas did that!
Making It Up Along The Way: This scribe hasn't written a long story in years. He or she makes arcs up week to week!
I Hate You, But I Have to Pretend I Love You: Fans wondering why their favorite couples have been separated for lengthy arcs on this soap would be shocked to know that the actors who play the characters simply cannot stand one another. Sure, there's been feuds and gripes before, but the bickering has reached the point of no return. One half of one supercouple has even begun lobbying for the return to the soap of a former screen partner, whom he or she also created soap magic with.
Jealous, Much?: This soap lead, who has driven story for the better part of a decade, is seeing green over a popular newcomer.
No Gay Today: A plan for this serial to attempt another gay story—to make up for the botched last try—was nixed before it ever reached the network level.
1. I can't see this being Days, NBC not give notes ... yeah right. I'm wondering if it's B&B with Joanna Johnson returning? I can't really think of anyone on Y&R or GH.
3. Clearly Days. And a complete mistake if they were to do this. There's good traction going with Wilson, the other characters and groupings could be salvaged with proper tweaking and a change in direction.
4. Brad Bell.
5. I'm guessing GH or Y&R. I'm struggling to think of a coupling who had soap magic with someone else. Are Jason and Sam still a couple? Sonny & Carly? Everyone's quick to guess Victor and Nikki, but who would realistically be the returnee? None of their third wheels would work. Hope's dead, Diane's dead, I can't see Laurie Brooks coming back again, Ashley's obviously out, and no one gives a crap about that Ramona woman. And as for Nikki - the only two significant affairs I can remember were with Jack, Brad, and Cole, and they seem to be going down the Jack road as it is.
7. Y&R for sure. Botched story = Adam/Rafe. I can't imagine Frank/Ron nixing a gay story for obvious reasons.
Edited by Drew
, May 21 2012, 09:07 PM.