Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Nov 29 2013, 01:40 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Current Daytime Soap Opera
- The Doctors
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
- YouTube ID
COVER DATE: NOVEMBER 1976|
- Mike continues to harbor annimosity against both Bill & Laura. Mike can barely stand the sight of her, but when Mickey talks ill of Laura, Mike instinctively jumps to her defense.
- Rebecca gives birth to a baby boy with Robert at her side who they name "Doug" (at Robert's suggestion). Rebecca still holds the secret that she was the surrogate mother for Doug, who's the baby's natural father. Robert believes Johnny is the baby's father. Despite Robert & Rebecca's marriage, Rebecca confesses that she still loves Johnny.
- As Amanda's memory of her love for Neil returns, she and Neil learn that Phyllis is pregnant with his baby. Meanwhile, Phyllis considers abortion because she believes that Neil doesn't want the baby. When Neil catches Amanda with JR (his old gambling buddy who's looking for him), he's concerned. Amanda confides to Neil that she's starting to remember him, but he denies they were ever in love. Later, Neil is quite jealous when he catches Phyllis in her ex-husband Bob's arms.
- Despite her increasingly fragile health, Adele takes a potentially fatal drink causing both Bob and Brooke much worry. Adele wants Bob to take care of Brooke (who he doesn't know is his daughter) if anything happens to her. Adele is forced to have emergency surgery. Brooke later buys the tickets for their cruise (with money stolen from Anderson Manufacturing), but Tom tells her that Adele won't live long enough to take the cruise. Meanwhile, Bob has learned of the thefts and has hired a P.I. to investigate. David and Paul Grant are suspects.
- In order to alleviate Mike's insecurities about his manhood, Linda takes him to bed! Linda is worried when Mike makes far more out of the encounter than she'd intended.
- Concerned about Laura's well-being, Marlena convinces Mike to talk to Laura. Mike & Laura call an awkward truce.
- Feeling that he's lost Julie to Don for good, Doug gives up all hope and proposes marriage to Kim who quickly accepts. Don/Julie and Doug/Kim begin to plan dueling weddings - including locations at churches right around the corner from one another, one hour apart.
- David & Valerie have fallen in love. He proposes marriage, but she's worried about how her parents will react. Mrs. Grant doesn't want her daughter marrying a white man. Julie isn't quite so in favor of the young couple's planned marriage, either.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF AUGUST 2 - AUGUST 6, 1976
Marlena confessed to Julie she'd been interested in Don. Bob grew suspicious of Brooke and Adele's money situation. Maggie's evening with Mickey turned sour when he had flashbacks of sanitarium days. Mickey defended Laura to Mike. Linda sent Mike away. Phyllis and Neil argued and he went gambling again.
WEEK OF AUGUST 9 - AUGUST 13, 1976
Rebecca gave birth to Doug and pledged that father Doug would never learn the truth. Johnny arrived and was warned to stay away from Rebecca. Amanda was ready to tell Neil she remembered their past when Mary interrupted with the news of Phyllis' pregnancy. Jack pestered Trish and Jeri. Tommy and Maggie commiserated about Mickey.
WEEK OF AUGUST 16 - AUGUST 20, 1976
Mickey turned from Maggie to Marlena. Neil told Bob to leave his wife alone. Bob countered with accusations about Amanda. Adele stumbled into Doug's Place drunk. The Grants argued about helping her. David rushed to aid hemorrhaging Adele. Mike confessed his need for Linda.
WEEK OF AUGUST 23 - AUGUST 27, 1976
Linda told Mike she'd slept with him only to assuage his doubts about his manhood: then she dated Johnny. Marlena began sessions with Laura. Mike was urged to reconcile with Laura. Doug asked Kim to be his wife. Brooke prayed for Adele, then lashed out at Bob.
WEEK OF AUGUST 30 - SEPTEMBER 3, 1976
Mary was upset about Don's engagement. Rebecca received a baby gift from Johnny, but assured Robert she'd stay with him. The Kim-Doug and Julie-Don nuptials were set for the same day. Tom ordered Bill never to operate again. Adele recuperated. David asked Valerie to marry him.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 6 - SEPTEMBER 10, 1976
Julie, Paul, and Danny seemed to accept David's intentions to marry Valerie. Helen and Brooke didn't. Laura returned to work and fought with Marlena over Mickey's treatment, then met with him. Adele's condition worsened. Bob hired detectives to discover who stole the checks.
Edited by Matt
, Dec 2 2013, 12:34 AM.