Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Nov 30 2013, 01:25 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
COVER DATE: DECEMBER 1976|
- Mickey's sane act convinces Laura he should be released. Marlena is adamantly opposed.
- David & Valerie continue to face opposition to their planned interracial marriage. Meanwhile, David & Paul remain prime suspects in the theft of Anderson Manufacturing checks. Paul is tempted to drink. Valerie worries that her relationship with David is driving her father back to the bottle. David falsely believes that Paul did steal the checks, but when he's caught trying to cover for Paul (by stealing checks himself, then returning them when he's convinced of Paul's innocence), Bob believes that David is the actual culprit. Bob's PI actively searches for more evidence to prove David's guilt (or innocence).
- Both Don & Julie and Doug & Kim make separate decisions to elope. However, during a rainstorm, Doug sees a vision of the late Addie while driving and has an accident, rolling his car. When Julie learns of the accident, she rushes to his side, missing her own wedding to Don. Seeing Doug & Julie's clear love for one another, both Don & Kim step aside so they can be together. Doug & Julie finally make plans to marry as soon as possible and are wed in a beautiful ceremony with nearly all of Salem in attendance.
- Linda & Johnny begin to date to get over past loves. Mike is quite jealous & totally infatuated with Linda. Alice is stunned when Mike tells her that he's in love with Linda. Maggie overhears, but believes this information should be kept from Mickey.
- Neil & Phyllis continue to fight over Amanda. When Neil attempts to seduce Amanda (after a fight with Phyllis), Amanda rebuffs him.
- Robert & Rebecca finally consummate their marriage & she tells him that she loves him.
- Mournful over the loss of Julie, Don turns to Marlena, but she refuses to be a rebound and urges him to wait 6 months before becoming involved with another woman. Meanwhile, Mary seems more than willing to be the next woman in Don's life.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 13 - SEPTEMBER 17, 1976
David covered for Paul by taking blame for the stolen checks. Danny grew jealous of Paul's dependence on David who saved Paul from an alcoholic bender. Doug's car crashed. Amanda fell into Neil's arms then turned him out.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 20 - SEPTEMBER 24, 1976
Bill was furious that Laura had seen Mickey. Linda clashed with Trish, Laura, and Maggie over Mike, who admitted his love for Linda to Alice. Julie and Don were prepared for their wedding when she learned about Doug's accident. Kim was hysterical.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 27 - OCTOBER 1, 1976
Don and Kim bowed out, leaving Julie and a recovered Doug to wed. Everyone attended, even Kim. Robert and Rebecca consummated their marriage. Marlena consoled Don. Bob fired David.
Edited by Matt
, Dec 2 2013, 12:59 AM.