Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Dec 2 2013, 12:02 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
COVER DATE: JANUARY 1977
- Valerie accepts David's marriage proposal, but their announcement is marred by the fact that Paul, too, has been fired over the stolen checks. Meanwhile, Brooke & Adele depart for their trip while Bob and Don continue to investigate the checks.
- Thanks to bank video tape, Bob learns the Brooke was behind the thefts. He catches Brooke & Adele before they leave the country, but Adele suffers an attack aboard ship. On her deathbed, she tells Bob that he is Brooke's father, but makes him promise not to tell Brooke that he knows. Brooke is stunned when Bob gives her a job.
- Mickey is released from Bayview Sanitarium to mixed feelings among his family and friends. Meanwhile, Mike continues to profess his love to Linda who does her best to drive him away. She fears what might happen if Mickey were to learn of their brief affair. When Mike thinks Mickey has stumbled upon the truth, he fears for Linda's safety.
- Eccentric Sharon sets her eye on Don.
- Phyllis struggles with her pregnancy while worrying about Neil's lingering feelings for Amanda. Neil forgets about his and Phyllis' first wedding anniversary. Phyllis decides to have an abortion, but is refused. She responds by taking an overdose of pills.
- Johnny urges Rebecca to tell Robert the truth about the baby just as Robert discovers Johnny's letter saying that he knows her baby isn't his. Robert begins to have doubts about his wife.
- Greg proposes marriage to Amanda and she accepts. They plan to elope.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF OCTOBER 4 - OCTOBER 8, 1976
Bob asked Paul for his resignation. The Grant family came apart when Valerie accepted David's marriage proposal. Adele and Brooke left for their vacation. Mickey was released, but hedged seeing Maggie.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 11 - OCTOBER 15, 1976
The Hortons celebrated Mickey's release from the sanitarium. Mickey rebuffed Maggie, admitted to Laura that he feels estranged from everyone, and turned to Linda. Neil admitted he doesn't want Phyllis' baby. Bob and Don discovered Brooke had made a deposit.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 18 - OCTOBER 22, 1976
Paul and David were exonerated when Don and Bob learned Brooke had stolen the money. On her deathbed, Adele confessed to Bob that Brooke is his daughter. Robert learned that Johnny is not the father of Rebecca's child. David left Valerie to console Brooke, but was rebuffed.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 25 - OCTOBER 29, 1976
Aware that Neil didn't want the baby, Phyllis went to Chicago for an abortion. Turned down because of her age, she took a bottle of pills. Kim warned Marlena that she, too, has her sights on Don. Amanda accepted Greg's marriage proposal. Bob told Brooke he wouldn't prosecute.