Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Dec 4 2013, 12:03 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
COVER DATE: MAY 1977
- Johnny continues to try to woo Rebecca away from Robert. Robert's demands on Rebecca regarding their marriage may actually push her into Johnny's arms. When Johnny calls for her, Rebecca packs a bag and the baby and leaves her husband and Salem to be with Johnny. Robert is crushed, but avoids telling anyone what has happened (even though everyone already knows).
- Jeri pulls Laura off of Trish's case, citing a conflict of interest. Laura is concerned about Trish because Trish has begun to hallucinate & insist that Jack is still alive. Laura fears that they're losing her. Even so, Laura allows Trish to leave the hospital and she moves in with Brooke in a new apartment.
- As Sharon's therapist, Marlena becomes involved in Karl & Sharon's marital issues. Karl assures Marlena that he's not the cheater Sharon claims he is. According to Karl, Sharon has deep issues with her father.
- Marlena uses sodium pentothal on Trish during therapy.
- Mickey & Don work together on Mike's defense and Mickey will represent Mike at his hearing. Unfortunately, both of them are becoming more and more convinced that Mike is lying. Bill & Laura are upset that Mickey doesn't believe Mike. Later, Mickey locates a prostitute Jack was with and learns that Jack hadn't been with a woman in over 20 years. He's concerned what this might mean for Mike's defense. Later, Mike is released on $200,000 bail.
- Even though Julie is planning a shower for David & Valerie, Helen still refuses to come around to the idea of the interracial marriage.
- Phyllis buys Neil a very expensive red car for his birthday.
- Trish begins to slip back and forth between her alternate personalities.
- Mickey decides to remain in Salem to work on Mike's defense instead of returning to the farm in Brookville. Although having Mickey so close to Linda concerns her, she's supportive of his decision.
- Alice urges Tom to become the hospital's new chief of staff, but the board seems interested in Greg for the position.
- Mickey & Laura begin to suspect that Trish might be the person who really killed Jack.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 7 - FEBRUARY 11, 1977
Jeri changed her mind about taking Laura off Trish's case when Trish went berserk. Karl told Marlena that Sharon's tales about his unfaithfulness are a fantasy.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 14 - FEBRUARY 18, 1977
Maggie grew anxious when Mickey decided to handle Mike's defense. He learned a prostitute believed Jack couldn't have attempted rape because he was impotent. Trish was released as an out-patient and Brooke found a new apartment for them.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 21 - FEBRUARY 25, 1977
Bill and Laura worried about Mickey's belief that Mike is lying. Maggie and Don arranged for Mickey to handle the case by himself. Phyllis gave Neil a Mercedes for his birthday. Trish and Jeri had a forgiving reunion. Brooke found Trish in their old apartment but Trish couldn't remember the murder. Later, Trish showed up in Marlena's office as Lisa.
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 28 - MARCH 4, 1977
Rebecca and Dougie left Robert to go to California with Johnny. Karl told Sharon there would be no more game playing in their lives, but he refused to tell her what he does to earn his money. Mike told Trish he'll take care of her with love after she became baby Lisa again.
WEEK OF MARCH 7 - MARCH 11, 1977
Brooke spilled the beans to Bob about Mike and Linda. Mike blew up at Mickey for using Linda to convince Mike to admit he's covering for Trish. Helen refused to attend Julie's bridal shower for Val. Neil could only think of Amanda when Phyllis was in a love mood. Don asked Julie to return to work in his office.
Edited by Matt
, Dec 5 2013, 12:46 PM.