Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Dec 10 2013, 07:50 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
COVER DATE: DECEMBER 1977
- Alice undergoes a D&C and after a prolonged wait for news, learns that she does not have cancer.
- While Neil begins to doubt his romantic prowess, Phyllis works to set Mary up with Chris Kositchek. Mary wants to keep her and Chris just business. However, Chris begins to win Mary over. Meanwhile, Phyllis casually tells Chris about Mary's "trouble with men." Later, Phyllis offers to pay Chris to date Mary, but Chris is offended by the offer.
- Just as David & Trish begin to have a real marriage, David sees Valerie again and learns why she dumped him. When Toni speaks well of David & ill of Mike, Trish admonishes her by reminding her that she doesn't know Mike very well.
- Linda uses Tommy's proposal of marriage to make Bob jealous.
- Samantha manages to maintain her impersonation of Marlena by taking time off of work and pushing Don (the only person who can tell them apart) away. Meanwhile, Marlena remains heavily sedated in Bayview and no one believes her claims that she's not Samantha. Marlena is so drugged up that she can't even recognize Laura when she comes to visit "Samantha" at her own call for help. Marlena smuggles a letter out of the hospital to Don, but he and Laura misread read its meaning & intentions. Later, Marlena manages to escape from the sanitarium and phone Don, but before he can come to help "Samantha," she's caught be the police & returned to the hospital. "Samantha" is now in restrains and on the verge of receiving shock therapy at "Marlena's" suggestion.
- Doug refuses Larry Atwood's offer of assistance to help with his liquor license troubles. Larry is plotting to take control of Doug's Place and turn it into a gambling operation. Due to the loss of the liquor license, Doug & Julie work to convert the club into a coffee house.
- Mickey & Maggie become involved in the private lives of the Barton family and their domestic violence. Fred Barton hits his wife Jean and their young son (and friend of little Janice) is showing violent tenancies as well.
- Bill & Laura begin to drift apart thanks to their different career tracks. Bill begins to confide his troubles in fellow anesthesiologist Kate Winograd.
- Marie decides to remain in Salem.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 12 - SEPTEMBER 16, 1977
Mickey suggested that Julie buy Doug's club but that it couldn't be with their community property. Julie was thrown together with Larry Atwood in an art charity project. Phyllis taunted Neil about the loss of his "manly charms." David went to Washington on business for Bob and said his goodbyes to Valerie. Linda resorted to telling Bob that Tommy has asked her to marry him. Samantha pulled the wool over Laura and Don's eyes that she's Marlena.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19 - SEPTEMBER 23, 1977
Phyllis got Neil's goat by strutting around with her tennis instructor. Marlena escaped. Mary was frustrated with Chris' attempts to be a perfect gentleman. Alice had a D&C and was released.
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 26 - SEPTEMBER 30, 1977
Marlena called Don after escaping from the sanitarium. The police found and returned her. Don was confused after talking to the fake Marlena and was refused permission to see Samantha (Marlena), who was sedated and prepared for shock therapy. Samantha played up to Chris, whom she used to convince Don that "Marlena" had no interest in him any longer. Mickey and Fred got into a tiff when Billy socked Janice. Maggie found Jean bruised again and convinced her to consult Laura. Doug and Julie closed the nightclub and considered reopening it as a cafe. Marie accepted a social service job in town. Alice advised Mike to forget Trish.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 3 - OCTOBER 7, 1977
Samantha signed Marlena's name to a release allowing shock treatment on Marlena. Neil was miffed when Phyllis ran off with her tennis instructor. She sent a check to Chris so he would pay attention to Mary. Maggie accompanied Jean to a meeting for battered wives.
Edited by Matt
, Dec 12 2013, 12:36 PM.