Viewing Single Post From: Vintage DAYS SOD Synopses
Dec 11 2013, 12:53 PM
Classic Soap Fan
- August 5, 2007
- Favorite Current Daytime Soap Opera
- The Doctors
- Favorite Soap Opera of All Time
- Another World
- Twitter ID
- YouTube ID
COVER DATE: JANUARY 1978
- Linda continues to postpone giving Tommy an answer to his marriage proposal while using the proposal to coerce Bob into making one of his own. Linda is frustrated when Bob asks her to be his executive assistant instead of his wife.
- Don & Laura continue to feel there's something off about "Marlena." Don is confused as to why "Marlena's" handwriting isn't her handwriting. As Marlena regains her knowledge of herself, Samantha prepares to leave town, but Don (who's finally figured out everything) stops Samantha at the airport. She turns the tables on him and manages to get away. Even though the truth is out, Marlena remains in the sanitarium to recover from what Samantha has done to her. Don wants Samantha extradited from L.A. to Salem, but Marlena is opposed. She feels partly responsible for Samantha's condition.
- Trish gives birth to a baby boy she names Timothy. Mike still pines for Trish, but she's determined to have a life with David and the baby. Unfortunately, Mike's presence continues to be a thorn in David's side while Trish's obsession with the baby begins to push David away.
- Phyllis' continual avoidance of Neil's advances only makes him want her more, but she continues to keep him at arms' length. Unable to find physical comfort elsewhere, Neil turns to drinking. Meanwhile, Phyllis continues to conspire to throw Chris & Mary together.
- Dr. Griffin begins to have problems with his teen-aged daughter Patty and her new boyfriend Ron.
- The transition of Doug's Place to a cafe is turning into a bust and business is quickly drying up without their liquor license. Julie plans to use her inheritance to buy the club, put it in her name, and acquire the liquor license herself. She decides to keep the true cost from Doug (considering it will use nearly her entire inheritance).
- Fred continues to beat Jean. Maggie & the support group eventually give Jean the strength to leave. Furious with Maggie's interference, Fred strikes Maggie.
- Trish's friend Toni gives birth to a daughter named Naiobi Johnson.
Spoiler: click to toggle
WEEKLY NEWSPAPER SYNOPSES
WEEK OF OCTOBER 10 - OCTOBER 14, 1977
Mike confessed his love to Trish after she gave birth to a baby she and David named Timothy. Phyllis returned and gave Neil more trouble. He got drunk and was rebuffed by Betty. Doug's new cafe opening wasn't a success. Laura was sidetracked from encountering the real Marlena. Dr. Griffin had an argument with his daughter, Patty, after catching her necking with Ron. Jean has a rough time at another battered wives meeting.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 17 - OCTOBER 21, 1977
Don caught Samantha leaving for Hollywood, realized what she had done to Marlena, and rushed to the asylum. But Marlena was missing. Doug and Julie signed the transfer of the cafe ownership to her. Jean begged Maggie to cover up for her whereabouts to Fred because he had ordered her not to attend any more battered wives meetings. Betty told Neil to find a new nurse, and he hit the bottle while rebuffing Phyllis' offers for help.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 24 - OCTOBER 28, 1977
Don and Laura found Marlena and struggled to help her recover. An old beau of Marlena's, Dr. Paul Whitman, came to treat her. Mike had a fling with Margo, a girl from work. David and Trish had parenthood problems. Doug and Julie left for New England. Fred beat up Jean.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 4, 1977
Kate realized she's falling for Bill. Marie helped Jean move into a shelter for battered wives, while Fred accused Maggie of being a homewrecker. Patty has taken an interest in Mike. Don was jealous of Marlena's dependence on Paul, who left his invalid wife to care for Marlena.