Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOAPS Teresa Castillo Out at ‘General Hospital’
Topic Started: Sep 14 2016, 09:01 PM (1,173 Views)
GHFan738

Teresa Castillo’s four-year run on ABC’s General Hospital has come to an end. The fan favorite’s alter ego, Sabrina Santiago, was brutally murdered by serial-killing district attorney Paul Hornsby in the September 14, 2016 episode.

In the new issue of Soap Opera Digest (on sale this Friday), the actress recounts how she learned of her character’s fate. “Frank Valentini called me into his office about two-and-a-half months ago. It was at the end of the day and he said, ‘They’ve decided to kill Sabrina.'”

The actress says it was a bittersweet moment due to her love for the character and the show, but “you learn to not get too attached to jobs as an actor, you know?” She had kind words for her executive producer, who informed her about her exit well before he had to and complimented him on his hard work and dedication to the show.

Castillo joined the cast in 2012 as the shy, meek Nurse Santiago. The love struck caregiver was head over heels for the grieving Patrick Drake (Jason Thompson), who was involved with villainous bully Dr. Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud). Sabrina spearheaded the return of the famed Nurses’ Ball, teaming up with best friend Felix and the returning Lucy Coe to bring resurrect the event. Sabrina’s “ugly duckling” became a swan and she soon hooked her man!

Sabrina and Michael during happier times. Photo Credit: © Howard Wise/JPI StudiosSabrina and Michael during happier times. Photo Credit: © Howard Wise/JPI Studios
Sabrina’s happiness with Patrick was short-lived as not only did Patrick leave her for his not-so-dead-wife, but she later lost their child in a tragic accident. Sabrina spiraled into darkness, which led to her losing her job. On the other side of that darkness she found love with Michael Corinthos Quartermaine, but the reappearance of her problematic ex-lover caused problems, and after trying to pass her second pregnancy off as Michael’s, she fled town with her ex after the truth was revealed. In recent months, Sabrina and Michael have been working to rebuild their relationship as she raises her baby.

How will Michael deal with the news of Sabrina’s death? Who will raise her son?

For more on Castillo’s exit, check out the new issue of Soap Opera Digest this Friday. And stay tuned for their next issue, which will feature details on Teresa’s last day on set.

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2016/09/teresa-castillo-general-hospital-exit/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Really the spent the last four years hyping Sabrina up as the Disney Princess with the Patrick/Britt story and now she was killed off :headbang:
Well at least no one can blame Britt, LOL.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

The problem with Sabrina is that she was propped so much. Everyone propped her including Elizabeth, Patrick was pushed into moving on with Sabrina when he was still grieving and not over Robin. Even when Robin came back, the show try to make it sound like Patrick was conflicted between Robin and Sabrina, there was no contest. It was always Robin that he loved and she was his soulmate. There is a reason why Scrub was so popular. However, they also did a hatchet job on Robin's and Patrick's characters to make Pabrina a viable couple when they were not. I wish Teresa nothing but well wishes as she moves forward outside of GH.

This scene always gets me as a scrub fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDmY07GSkkk
Edited by Dakota, Sep 15 2016, 12:20 AM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I hated Sabrina. Just blah.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GHFan738

I wasn't a fan of Sabrina either. She seemed surprise to be let go. I wish her all the best.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Maybe someday they'll have Teresa back as another character,they've brought Michael Easton back several times as a new character,if not I hope the best for her,maybe she'll be a full time mommy for awhile.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Sep 15 2016, 08:26 AM
Maybe someday they'll have Teresa back as another character,they've brought Michael Easton back several times as a new character,if not I hope the best for her,maybe she'll be a full time mommy for awhile.
:blink: :shrug: :soapbox: :shame: Hell No! I was liking Sabrina without Patrick in her storyline. GH messed up with not having Teddy as Michael's son. Also idiotic to bring back Anthony Vincent Parise as Carlos's twin? brother Joe. Definitely do NOT want Teresa Castillo back as a new character. Anthony Vincent Parise should've never been brought back as Joe (and was brought back too much as Carlos too lol), and don't get me started on the umpteen characters that Michael Easton has played, basically all the same!!! (except for Caleb Morley the vampire). He should've NEVER been brought back as Finn, a doctor just like Silas Clay, his prior character, who look and act alike, and about the same as John McBain of ONE LIFE to LIVE as well.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Dakota
Sep 15 2016, 12:13 AM
The problem with Sabrina is that she was propped so much. Everyone propped her including Elizabeth, Patrick was pushed into moving on with Sabrina when he was still grieving and not over Robin. Even when Robin came back, the show try to make it sound like Patrick was conflicted between Robin and Sabrina, there was no contest. It was always Robin that he loved and she was his soulmate. There is a reason why Scrub was so popular. However, they also did a hatchet job on Robin's and Patrick's characters to make Pabrina a viable couple when they were not. I wish Teresa nothing but well wishes as she moves forward outside of GH.

Yes, yes YES!! The propping of this character when she first came on was ridiculous and I'm sorry, but Patrick looked like a damn fool during that "relationship." Then the way they tossed Robin and Scrubs under the bus for Patrina pissed me off to no end. I don't know whose idea it was to make Sabrina the princess trying to hook Prince Charming, but it was bad storytelling all around. I thought maybe after the Patrina breakup that they would do something with this character to make her more enduring, but it became painfully obvious that they had no clue what to do with Sabrina. Having her sleep with her sleazy ex Carlos and lie to Michael about the baby came out of left field and made no sense. Teresa seems like a sweet girl and it appears that she was well liked by her cast mates. I hope she lands another job soon.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I enjoyed Sabrina. :'(

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Tammy
Sep 16 2016, 05:38 PM
I enjoyed Sabrina. :'(
I liked her most of the time too. I hope Teresa Castillo gets more work because she's a good actress.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

JDeveraux_91
Sep 16 2016, 05:28 PM
Dakota
Sep 15 2016, 12:13 AM

Yes, yes YES!! The propping of this character when she first came on was ridiculous and I'm sorry, but Patrick looked like a damn fool during that "relationship." Then the way they tossed Robin and Scrubs under the bus for Patrina pissed me off to no end. I don't know whose idea it was to make Sabrina the princess trying to hook Prince Charming, but it was bad storytelling all around. I thought maybe after the Patrina breakup that they would do something with this character to make her more enduring, but it became painfully obvious that they had no clue what to do with Sabrina. Having her sleep with her sleazy ex Carlos and lie to Michael about the baby came out of left field and made no sense. Teresa seems like a sweet girl and it appears that she was well liked by her cast mates. I hope she lands another job soon.
This is why tptb did not sell me on Patrina. I wanted something that was honest and believable. If he would have move on with Elizabeth at the time that could have been believable, but it was not. I do not like characters that are heavily propped because I feel that the tptb are trying to manipulate me into likely a character. I should not be manipulated into liking any character. The whole Carlos situation confound me, why would you sleep with Carlos of all people, the lack of development and growth of her character made it hard for me to like her, but she was better suited to Michael than Patrick.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Carlos was a nutjob,but she dated him in high school so she knew apart of him we never saw,that's why I don't buy that she dated Joe,she told Patrick on the first night they were together that she had only ever been with one guy ever before,guess the writers forgot that,Sabrina suffered from what Carly,Olivia,and Alexis have,wanting to believe they can change a bad guy.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I wish her well. I never disliked her character, but i never loved her, or her pairings, and won't miss her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply