Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report for the Week of September 25-29, 2017
Topic Started: Oct 7 2017, 01:07 PM (681 Views)
thepadange
Member Avatar

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,334,000 (-78,000/-454,000)
2. B&B 3,487,000 (-90,000/-213,000)
3. GH 2,523,000 (-15,000/-188,000)
4. DAYS 2,100,000 (+13,000/-97,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.11/11 (-.04/-.34)
2. B&B 2.53/9 (-.06/-.18)
3. GH 1.84/6 (-.03/-.17)
4. DAYS 1.54/5 (-.03/-.13)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 476,000 (-5,000/-144,000)
2. GH 429,000 (+17,000/-16,000)
3. B&B 404,000 (+17,000/-93,000)
4. DAYS 335,000 (+9,000/-57,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 0.73/7 (-.01/-.23) <——— ties low (6th straight week) *
2. GH 0.66/6 (+.03/-.03)
3. B&B 0.62/5 (+.02/-.15)
4. DAYS 0.52/5 (+.02/-.09)

* Rounded to 0.7

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 133,000 (+6,000/-10,000)
2. B&B 111,000 (+12,000/-8,000)
3. GH 109,000 (+16,000/-1,000)
4. DAYS 67,000 (+7,000/-29,000)

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2017/10/ratings-week-september-25-29-2017
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

I don't get it why are days ratings so bad!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bigboy

They better hope Ali's return and also they have a good Nov sweeps or they be sweating on another renewal its very hard for a show that made so many fan bases angry over the years to keep bouncing back.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
Come on Ron, We are counting on YOU !!

At least Days is the only soap that gained viewers week to week, where the others did not....

I think days' rating are going to look very different after November...

Bigboy

LuvingLumi
Oct 8 2017, 08:29 AM
At least Days is the only soap that gained viewers week to week, where the others did not....

I don't think they will best they hope if they lucky is 2.4 or 2.5 million and pushing their weight if they get up to those figures if they get they should get renewed if they lower that in the new year then may be not. They should already be at that figure now they nearly had three months of new writing i think day time soaps not just Days is losing their appeal no big bumps at all for any of them each week now just tiny gains.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lol, it is always so funny to see some of the comments. DAYS is *The Only Show* up from the previous week. Y&R was not only down from the previous week, but 450,000 from the year before, which is huge.

Of course everyone expects some sort of magic wand and for ratings to magically go up right away. Little piece of news: Things don't work that way, never have. All soaps are going down, it is a big accomplishment to even stay steady, let alone rise.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

Very likely they won't, that won't matter.

lysie

Yoryla
Oct 8 2017, 03:23 PM
lol, it is always so funny to see some of the comments. DAYS is *The Only Show* up from the previous week. Y&R was not only down from the previous week, but 450,000 from the year before, which is huge.

Of course everyone expects some sort of magic wand and for ratings to magically go up right away. Little piece of news: Things don't work that way, never have. All soaps are going down, it is a big accomplishment to even stay steady, let alone rise.
If you'd read discussions instead of mocking them, you'd know your piece of news isn't news.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Yoryla

The ratings usually rise during the second half of the year and then start going down again in January. So we are in the timeframe when the ratings should go up most weeks. That being said, I agree that seeing the shows down year to year is the norm. It's rare to see increases. It happened a few years ago, I'm not sure why, there seemed to be a temporary resurgence of the genre. Hopefully that happens again soon.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Hugo
Oct 8 2017, 10:05 PM
Yoryla

The ratings usually rise during the second half of the year and then start going down again in January. So we are in the timeframe when the ratings should go up most weeks. That being said, I agree that seeing the shows down year to year is the norm. It's rare to see increases. It happened a few years ago, I'm not sure why, there seemed to be a temporary resurgence of the genre. Hopefully that happens again soon.
Days started out the second half of the year in the middle of a transition. It's nothing new, yet it still matters when you consider how they have approached the change this time. We didn't get as much hype, or as quick of a change in the past. I think that's more healthy since people are burned out on the 1,000 plans to "Save Days" through the years.

As far as gimmicks never working, that's not true. Right Now: No gimmick could help any soap at all. They did work as recently as the SSK story line during JER 2.0. When Marlena came back in 91 or so the show surged to #2 from 6th place. Hope's return in the mid 90's drew 3 million extra viewers her first week back. I can remember when ratings would surge for the simplest wedding, and Days capitalized by having huge and lavish events. Gimmicks worked until 2006 or 2007, but they started wearing off in 1998 or so if we look at the whole genre. EVERYONE knows gimmicks or returns won't work out now, so it's best to slowly rebuild the show and hope it can crack 2.4 million viewers every so often. I do think Sami's return this week has the best chance we've seen in a while of drawing a couple of lapsed viewers. I'm talking about a small gain for her first full Monday back, at the very max! I'm not holding my breath, but you never know.

This isn't anything new. I think we all know the genre has changed and it will never return to what it was. No one here has some dream of Days taking #1 and drawing 5 million viewers. The Good News: Days doesn't have to increase viewership to stay on the air at this time. If the economy crashed we would be in trouble, but as of now they have to stay on budget and not bleed out viewers. In other words, it has to hold it's own......that's all.

zen zen life
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

Yes it will! When ratings rise with Sami and others, people will stick to watching Days because the stories are good and spread out more.
Edited by zen zen life, Oct 10 2017, 01:39 AM.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Ratings for the morning shows
http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/morning-show-ratings-week-of-sept-25-2/343472

Year to year declines:

On ABC
GMA: -5% in viewers / -10% in adults 25-54
GH: -7% in viewers / -4% in women 25-54

On NBC
Today: -5% in viewers / -17% in adults 25-54
Days: -4% in viewers / -15% in women 25-54

On CBS
CTM: -1% in viewers / -13% in adults 25-54
Y&R: -9% in viewers / -18% in women 25-54
B&B: -6% in viewers / -16% in women 25-54

Hugo
Member Avatar

Primetime shows are mostly down from last year in the adult 18-49 demo:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/riverdale-this-is-us-and-the-ups-and-mostly-downs-of-fall-tv-premieres/

"On average, the broadcast shows to debut so far are down 19 percent vs. last season’s premieres, a little under four tenths of a point."

GH: -4% in women 18-49
Days: -15% in women 18-49
B&B: -19% in women 18-49
Y&R: -23% in women 18-49

thepadange
Member Avatar

Looks like GH is doing exceptionally well in the demos (=very small losses over the last season).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

thepadange
Oct 13 2017, 04:15 AM
Looks like GH is doing exceptionally well in the demos (=very small losses over the last season).
Definitely! The other 3 soaps are following the general trend, I think that's not great but not terrible either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply