Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Big Brother 20: Discussion Thread; Premieres June 27th on CBS
Topic Started: May 27 2018, 10:31 PM (1,671 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Season 20 premieres in a month!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

‘Big Brother’ Season 20 spoilers: Producer confirms ‘this will be a brand new cast’ and teases ‘innovative twists’ for summer 2018

“Big Brother” fans, get ready for all-new houseguests and innovative twists when Season 20 debuts this summer. “It’s gonna be a big season,” producer Allison Grodner recently revealed to Gold Derby about the upcoming 20th season of CBS’s reality TV competition. “We have a lot planned for this season.”

For a show that loves to mix things up by casting returning favorites (like Paul Abrahamian last summer) alongside newbies, Grodner confirmed that won’t be the case this year. “I think there’s certain expectations from our fans that it’ll be an all-stars season and all of that, and I think we’ve pretty much put that to rest,” she told us. “This will be a brand new cast.”

As for the current status of Season 20, Grodner explained, “We are in casting right now. We are really excited about completely revamping this house. Wait till you see it — it’s a whole new thing, it’s spectacular. We are excited about some really new and innovative twists that will help commemorate this 20th season.”

One thing the 20th cycle won’t be is another celebrity version. After this winter’s successful celeb edition, which will be eligible at the Emmys, “Big Brother” is going back to casting everyday people for the 2018 summer installment. Marissa Jaret Winokur ended up winning the first-ever U.S. celebrity season, while Omarosa stole much of the headlines for spilling secrets about her time in the White House.

However, we haven’t seen the last of “Celebrity Big Brother.” In fact, Grodner is already considering how to fix the problem of celebrities like Keshia Knight Pulliam and Metta World Peace throwing in the towel. “The quitting element is something we’re going to look at,” Grodner confessed. “What can we do so that people aren’t asking on a regular basis to be voted out? I think we need to make sure that they’re committing to this fully and that if they really can’t handle it and need to quit, that we figure out another way of doing it.”

he 16 or more houseguests will be filmed 24/7 for our viewing pleasure, and they’ll be completely cut off from the rest of the world for approximately three months.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/big-brother-season-20-spoilers-cast-allison-grodner-cbs-news/

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 27 2018, 10:33 PM
It’s gonna be a big season,” producer Allison Grodner recently revealed to Gold Derby about the upcoming 20th season of CBS’s reality TV competition. “We have a lot planned for this season.”

“I think there’s certain expectations from our fans that it’ll be an all-stars season and all of that, and I think we’ve pretty much put that to rest,” she told us. “This will be a brand new cast.”

As for the current status of Season 20, Grodner explained, “We are in casting right now. We are really excited about completely revamping this house. Wait till you see it — it’s a whole new thing, it’s spectacular. We are excited about some really new and innovative twists that will help commemorate this 20th season.
I've never heard Grodner hype the house like this before. Not that it matters -- after the first episode I barely notice the house -- but it's always fun to see how they switch it up every year. It sounds like this year is a total revamp. I'm excited to see it.

It's the 20th season, don't let me down, Grodner!

Drew
Member Avatar

Whole new thing as in they finally ripped down that 16 year old set?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Drew
May 28 2018, 08:32 AM
Whole new thing as in they finally ripped down that 16 year old set?
We all wish.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While I always prefer a new cast over mixing old houseguests with new houseguests, I was really hoping for Season 20 to be All Stars. It just seemed fitting. Especially after the disaster of last season. I think Celebrity Big Brother also would've influenced producers to lean more towards All Stars. The All Stars would've already had the fame bug in (and out of) them, so they wouldn't really be as into the fame or showmance thing as new houseguests tend to be. So the actual game could've been played.

Drew
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
May 28 2018, 05:59 PM
While I always prefer a new cast over mixing old houseguests with new houseguests, I was really hoping for Season 20 to be All Stars. It just seemed fitting. Especially after the disaster of last season. I think Celebrity Big Brother also would've influenced producers to lean more towards All Stars. The All Stars would've already had the fame bug in (and out of) them, so they wouldn't really be as into the fame or showmance thing as new houseguests tend to be. So the actual game could've been played.
Is it worth trying to watch this again? I havent watched a season since Dan came back and was stuck with that stalker. But BBUK is likely ending this year (and it should, it has degraded badly) and it'll feel weird to be truely BB-less after 18 years.

King
Member Avatar

Well, the twists are always dumb so I don't really buy into any of that hype.

I was hoping for an All-Stars, as well. Maybe next year.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Drew
May 28 2018, 06:03 PM
DrewHamilton
Is it worth trying to watch this again? I havent watched a season since Dan came back and was stuck with that stalker. But BBUK is likely ending this year (and it should, it has degraded badly) and it'll feel weird to be truely BB-less after 18 years.
Last season got a lot of criticism due to lack of (smart) gameplay and half the house idolizing Paul, who was a returnee from BB18, but I thought it was the best season in a long time. There was lots of drama and fighting which made for entertaining feeds. It wasn't one of those seasons where everyone played nice for the sake of keeping the peace. Several people hated each other and they weren't shy about letting each other know it. And in the end, despite it looking like Paul was going to sail his way to an easy 500k, he lost by 1 jury vote which was the cherry on top of the sundae. I thought it was great.

On the downside, it's still a Grodner production, so the BB cliches are still there. They still force them to speak unnaturally in the DR for the sake of narrating the show. We still have 2-3 episodes at the start of the season that are full of fluff segments and everyone talking about how hot each other is, showmances, etc. But once the game really starts that stuff falls away.

Clips under the spoiler tag!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

DrewHamilton
Last year was a great season....it was a very entertaining combative cast. I have never cheered against someone losing Big Brother MORE in any of the previous seasons. I still think about how awesome that finale was...it was amazing actually.

I agree that S20 should have been All-Stars 2.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
May 28 2018, 06:03 PM
DrewHamilton
I say give it another chance. The Celebrity Big Brother edition was awesome. I'm hoping producers kind of learned their lesson from the success of that and cast people who are actually trying to play the game, and not date someone. If it's a new cast. I'm still holding out hope that it's All Stars.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 29 2018, 10:15 AM
DrewHamilton
Last year was a great season....it was a very entertaining combative cast. I have never cheered against someone losing Big Brother MORE in any of the previous seasons. I still think about how awesome that finale was...it was amazing actually.

I agree that S20 should have been All-Stars 2.
I get what you and Kenny are saying about last season being good. In the sense that there was so much drama and then the eventual fall of Paul. However, the season, as a whole, sucked ass. Especially once Jessica and Cody were gone. It was everyone else sucking Paul's balls, and that was just awful to watch, week after week.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

[twitter=JulieChen/status/1004537466034929664]

King
Member Avatar

LOL. I love Julie.

Hugo

I always forget there are many BB fans here, I will try to post in this thread when the season starts. I started a few seasons ago (the one Hayden won) and I haven't missed one since. I watched the old seasons on youtube as well and the Canadian version. I don't watch feeds since I don't have CBS All Access but I keep up with feed updates.

I like the strategies and the drama. Last year had a lot of drama but not a lot of strategy except Paul which was very manipulative and deserved to win IMO. He was also very arrogant and annoying so I understand why a lot of fans rooted against him and were happy that the jury was bitter.

Let's hope BB20 gives us a good mix of strategists and dramatic players. I'm tired of returning players so I hope the cast will be brand new, no relatives of former players, no candidates from other shows like The Amazing Race, no youtube/instagram fame whores.

I would also love to see some old school BB with less twists from production and scripted diary room sessions but I doubt that will happen. Their formula seems to work, I don't see why they would change it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hamsterwatch is reporting "credible buzz" that there will be 16 new houseguests and 4 returnees.

Houseguest reveal is Monday!

Alin89
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2018, 07:48 PM
Hamsterwatch is reporting "credible buzz" that there will be 16 new houseguests and 4 returnees.

Houseguest reveal is Monday!
I hope this isn't like coaches again.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2018, 07:48 PM
Ugh.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Fucking Christ! I'm pissed already. They're doing a Big Brother edition of The Amazing Race. Is that not enough?!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 12 2018, 09:32 PM.

King
Member Avatar

Dick tweeted that the 4 returnees will be picked out of the audience full of All-Stars, but it's already set on who's returning.

If Paul is back, I will murder.
Edited by King, Jun 13 2018, 04:23 PM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply