Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The DR Will Be Changing Soon...
Topic Started: May 31 2018, 01:49 AM (898 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Well, we have some big news that is going to create big changes around here that are out of our control. ZetaBoards is to be merged into TapaTalk Groups at some point over the coming months. This has happened to several forum services - including ProPhpBB, Yuku, and InvisionFree - and, ZetaBoards will become the latest.

We waited for a bit to put up an official announcement, because there aren't a whole lot of confirmed details to announce when it comes to this news. They've said that some Zetaboards features are supposed to make it to Tapatalk boards before the conversions take place.

This isn't an announcement that anyone on the DR staff ever wanted to have to make. However, the DR is more than just a bunch of numbers: we're a community of passionate dedicated soap fans and wonderful people. That's where our real strength lies - so we're hoping that even if things may not look and/or work the same after the conversion happens that we'll all be able to adapt to the changes.

We'll try and keep you updated as more information about all of this becomes available.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Change seems to be inevitable these days. Personally, I will do my best to adapt to any new changes on the board. The most important thing is that DR will still be here for all of us to keep up on our soaps. Thanks for all you do to keep the board up and running.

Drew
Member Avatar

I only really care about my join date remaining in tact. Cause I had to invoke my vet status/double-digit member number recently when someone attempted to school me on the basics.

:lol: :lol:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

That royally sucks - I hate Tapatalk and the mandated conversion they did with InvisionFree a while back. I know some people converted their forums to zIFBoards Jcink instead because they preferred it.

ETA: Jcink, not zIFBoards.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, May 31 2018, 03:48 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
^ My face watching DAYS

This sucks....but I will never abandon the DR.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Will any login information change - will we have to re-register? Are there any different rules or can we still speak freely about the show/actors/characters, etc?? -- I'm assuming the rule of not talking about other board members will remain intact...

I'll adapt - Daytime Royalty is an escape from the horror of my own life into the ridiculousness of Salem. I'm not goin anywhere!!! #RideOrDie
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, May 31 2018, 08:33 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Wherever DR goes, I'll be there.

Queen B
Member Avatar

As long as we donít have to re-register Iím okay with this..

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Accounts will transfer over with posts, post counts and etc...

This is the test board so you can see what things look like right now. You should be able to log in with the same info you can here. Hopefully the ZB options that are supposed to be implemented at some point will allow more customization especially theme wise. The TT app supposedly has a dark theme option. Haven't tried it personally. It's going to be quite the change look wise I admit. I'm not sure how well the social media threads are going to transfer over either.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I have known about this for a bit cause I a member to other boards. I think with tapatalk there is rules, I think I remember that from some time ago. I think with the new board will have to be careful what we say.
Edited by rknudson78, May 31 2018, 09:09 PM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

FYI,
Not about DR, but relevant because Tapatalk:

The lovely recap archivist PatNS posted daily detailed recaps here at DR for many years ... through the end of February 2018 when she retired from recapping. We are grateful for all her work.

Pat stored all her recap archives on her NewSalem Network54 forum.
Tapatalk absorbed Network54 a few months ago -- it was automatic.
The NewSalem recap archives of DAYS recaps are intact, thankfully.

Old URL of Pat's NewSalem recaps archive:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635

If you click on that old Network54 URL, it automatically opens at the new URL.
New URL of Pat's NewSalem recaps archive:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/newsalem/new-salem-daily-recaps-f358635/

All her recaps from Feb 2003- Feb 2018 transferred over automatically to Tapatalk intact. thankfully.
Edited by nananana7, Jun 1 2018, 01:12 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
May 31 2018, 02:11 PM
That royally sucks - I hate Tapatalk and the mandated conversion they did with InvisionFree a while back. I know some people converted their forums to zIFBoards Jcink instead because they preferred it.

ETA: Jcink, not zIFBoards.
I hate tapashit too. I shut down 2 boards that went to it, but I still post on one that is tapashit, and the board owner hates it as we all do but he doesn't want to move because we would lose all the old posts that have info in them and the board is way too big to attempt moving them.
The boards are boring, no way to customize anything. I did move my boards to Proboards, I sure hope they aren't swallowed up.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

rknudson78
May 31 2018, 09:08 PM
I have known about this for a bit cause I a member to other boards. I think with tapatalk there is rules, I think I remember that from some time ago. I think with the new board will have to be careful what we say.
No, you can cuss on tapashit. lol I do it all the time. lol

PatNS
Member Avatar

Network54 converted to Tapatalk as well. The support we received was very good especially when it came to moving the contents of the Library section of the board.

One of the biggest changes was all the info that flooded my inbox until I went and changed the default on the Administrator's settings and then changed the board default to notify when a response was posted to a post from Yes to No.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
May 31 2018, 09:06 PM

This is the test board so you can see what things look like right now. You should be able to log in with the same info you can here. Hopefully the ZB options that are supposed to be implemented at some point will allow more customization especially theme wise. The TT app supposedly has a dark theme option. Haven't tried it personally. It's going to be quite the change look wise I admit. I'm not sure how well the social media threads are going to transfer over either.
You can also transfer everything to Jcink, should you prefer that. I asked some of my friends who opted for that one. I know the Nathan and Maxie board was converted from Invisionfree to Jcink and they didnít lose any posts, members or logins.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jun 1 2018, 10:09 AM
Miss Rhi
May 31 2018, 09:06 PM

You can also transfer everything to Jcink, should you prefer that. I asked some of my friends who opted for that one. I know the Nathan and Maxie board was converted from Invisionfree to Jcink and they didnít lose any posts, members or logins.
Transfers like that worked with IF boards because people could get their databases before those boards got turned into ZB and TT. InvisionFree board owners were able to choose between the two because the former ZB owner who sold out to TT said that Zetaboards weren't going anywhere. There are a lot of people on the support board who used IF that accepted the option for their boards to be switched to ZB instead taking their databases somewhere else to places like Jcink because they believed what the former ZB owner said.

Databases aren't and have never been available for ZBs. TT doesn't offer them and doesn't have any interest in doing so because they know it would open up the flood gates to people taking their data elsewhere.

TeamHayden
Member Avatar

That thing totally ruined a forum I had. They lost most all of our posts with important information collected over a long period of time. I am very dissatisfied.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

When will this take place? Will old posts and threads disappear?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jun 14 2018, 05:55 PM
When will this take place? Will old posts and threads disappear?
No specific date has been released as of yet. Most are guessing sooner rather then later on the ZB support board. All content should transfer over. Not sure how the social media threads will look after that happens though.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jun 14 2018, 07:07 PM
Not sure how the social media threads will look after that happens though.

That's why, when I post instagram photos, or embed instagram photos or videos, I make sure that I also post the URL of the original specific instagram post. That way, if the image vanishes, it can be found again via the URL.
Edited by nananana7, Jun 14 2018, 11:12 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Castle Gate · Next Topic »
Add Reply