Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Matthew Ashford returns to DAYS!
Topic Started: Jun 12 2018, 11:07 PM (14,141 Views)
Ariet
Member Avatar
I'm going to be right by your side. 💕

Matthew Ashford returns back to DAYS as Jack Deveraux!
[twitter=DiMera87/status/1006667694760919042]

nananana7

From Jason47's facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/137323003076649/posts/1151476451661294/
Jason47's Days Website
MATTHEW ASHFORD (JACK) RETURNS TO "DAYS"...
Thanks to long-time Daytime Royalty member Chris for confirming the scoop in this tweet:
https://twitter.com/DiMera87/status/1006667694760919042

Edited by Ariet, Jun 12 2018, 11:17 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Jason47's Days Website
Thanks to long-time Daytime Royalty member Chris for confirming the scoop in this tweet:

BeeBee

nananana7
Jun 12 2018, 11:12 PM

Jason47's Days Website
Dr.Rolf? If one can survive having their organs donated,falling down an elevator shaft,being cremated, and having one's ashes scattered is a mere nothing.Bring it.

Jason47
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jun 12 2018, 11:17 PM
Dr.Rolf? If one can survive having their organs donated,falling down an elevator shaft,being cremated, and having one's ashes scattered is a mere nothing.Bring it.
If that's the case, will the J47 Rolf formula help Jack get his memories back? :cheer:

kaha22

Umm... First time poster, long time lurker. (By the way, I love all you guys! Everyone here is super knowledgeable and I so enjoy reading your thoughts!) But I needed to share that I was out to dinner with my husband when I saw the news about Jack/MA. I promptly began to weep openly. (Background: I randomly had the mumps and had to stay home for weeks with my Days loving grandmother right in the middle of Baby Hannah... Diehard JnJ fan ever since!) My husband was very confused. I thought you all might understand :) Thanks so much for all your sleuthing, commentary, and spoilers!

Jason47
Member Avatar

kaha22
Jun 12 2018, 11:49 PM
Umm... First time poster, long time lurker. (By the way, I love all you guys! Everyone here is super knowledgeable and I so enjoy reading your thoughts!) But I needed to share that I was out to dinner with my husband when I saw the news about Jack/MA. I promptly began to weep openly. (Background: I randomly had the mumps and had to stay home for weeks with my Days loving grandmother right in the middle of Baby Hannah... Diehard JnJ fan ever since!) My husband was very confused. I thought you all might understand :) Thanks so much for all your sleuthing, commentary, and spoilers!
Welcome Kaha!

I started watching Days with my grandmother a year after you, in 1990, so we have that in common (although it was the summer, not because of the mumps!) :)

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Welcome Kaha!

OMG Yes!!! Please no ghost appearance & a long term!?!?!?!
Edited by Dreamy, Jun 13 2018, 01:31 AM.

laurondo
Member Avatar

To be killed off a 99th time???

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

My Jack is back. My jack. No words.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar
Garcy <3

Posted Image

I'm so happy right now! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

nananana7
Member Avatar

For anyone wondering how Jack survived the elevator fall ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

^ Recap excerpts and transcript excerpts from episodes that have Jack's elevator fall and what happened to his body.
-------------------

summarizing above transcript excerpts:

Roman said he was going to call a rescue team to go down there.

But no rescue process was shown onscreen and it doesn't mention Roman going on the search. He was apparently only coordinating things via his police radio handset.

Then there is the scene of Roman telling Jennifer at the collapsed ballroom: "the paramedics said he died instantly".

There was no scene of Roman or Jennifer seeing the body.
No discussion of a coroner.

Jennifer asked to see the body; but Cameron stalled her.

Everything was very confused and whirlwind due to the collapse of the building and tunnels. People were missing and injured etc. Chaotic.

The pub was being used as a medical treatment center.

Cameron is with Abigail and Jennifer, and they arrive at the pub triage area, asking Kayla if she can find out what happened to Jack's remains. But before Kayla can do that, Adrienne says they have to tell Steve about Jack, so Kayla and Adrienne leave the main area of pub to go call Steve together. (the character of Steve had been offcanvas for some time).

Still at the pub, Justin tells Jennifer he heard that the body had been taken to the hospital morgue. Justin offers to take Jennifer to see the body, as soon as she wants to. She says thank you, but then Justin gives Jennifer an envelope containing Jack's effects. Justin had received this envelope from a cop. Then Jennifer sits down to open the envelope and finds his wallet, phone, and ring.

There is never any scene of Jennifer actually getting to see the body. And there was no scene mentioning that she had finally gotten to see the body.

And a couple of episodes later, a jade plant with no note was discovered by Hope on Alice's doorstep.

There was no funeral or memorial service on the show. Just people gathering informally at Alice's house (Jen's residence).

And then a week later we learn that (offscreen)... Jennifer, Abby, JJ, Kayla, Adrienne have just returned to Salem from a trip. They went to California, (and Steve traveled to California from wherever he was living and met them there) and they scattered Jack's ashes.

I think the cremation was never discussed onscreen. Just a random mention that they had returned from California scattering the ashes.
Edited by nananana7, Jun 13 2018, 02:28 AM.

ScorpioGirl1987

So, how will they explain how Jack survived this time? And where has he been the last 6 years? If his death was faked and he was kidnapped (again), who did it, and why?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

kaha22
Jun 12 2018, 11:49 PM
Welcome!
I was crying and screaming after I read the news. So excited!
Edited by nananana7, Jun 13 2018, 02:31 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgzGJ6fkyvA

So HAPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY... Hugs all round.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Yawn, I'm over this revolving door of him and a couple of others.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ron wrote AJís return, using the fact that only a couple characters saw his ďdeadĒ body prior to his exit. He had it turn out that Steven and Monica covered up the death. I wonder if Ron will go a similar route with Roman and/or Cameron. Maybe Roman got a tip that Jack was in trouble and they had to do this to protect everyone. Itíll suck that itís the same old abandonment story, but itís at least using established history we saw to explain it.

And if they did go the Roman knew route, it could even tie into Roman taking an interest in JJ in a father figure type of role. Like maybe Roman promised Jack he would look after him.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 13 2018, 05:18 AM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jun 13 2018, 01:47 AM
For anyone wondering how Jack survived the elevator fall ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

^ Recap excerpts and transcript excerpts from episodes that have Jack's elevator fall and what happened to his body.
-------------------

summarizing above transcript excerpts:

Roman said he was going to call a rescue team to go down there.

But no rescue process was shown onscreen and it doesn't mention Roman going on the search. He was apparently only coordinating things via his police radio handset.

Then there is the scene of Roman telling Jennifer at the collapsed ballroom: "the paramedics said he died instantly".

There was no scene of Roman or Jennifer seeing the body.
No discussion of a coroner.

Jennifer asked to see the body; but Cameron stalled her.

Everything was very confused and whirlwind due to the collapse of the building and tunnels. People were missing and injured etc. Chaotic.

The pub was being used as a medical treatment center.

Cameron is with Abigail and Jennifer, and they arrive at the pub triage area, asking Kayla if she can find out what happened to Jack's remains. But before Kayla can do that, Adrienne says they have to tell Steve about Jack, so Kayla and Adrienne leave the main area of pub to go call Steve together. (the character of Steve had been offcanvas for some time).

Still at the pub, Justin tells Jennifer he heard that the body had been taken to the hospital morgue. Justin offers to take Jennifer to see the body, as soon as she wants to. She says thank you, but then Justin gives Jennifer an envelope containing Jack's effects. Justin had received this envelope from a cop. Then Jennifer sits down to open the envelope and finds his wallet, phone, and ring.

There is never any scene of Jennifer actually getting to see the body. And there was no scene mentioning that she had finally gotten to see the body.

And a couple of episodes later, a jade plant with no note was discovered by Hope on Alice's doorstep.

There was no funeral or memorial service on the show. Just people gathering informally at Alice's house (Jen's residence).

And then a week later we learn that (offscreen)... Jennifer, Abby, JJ, Kayla, Adrienne have just returned to Salem from a trip. They went to California, (and Steve traveled to California from wherever he was living and met them there) and they scattered Jack's ashes.

I think the cremation was never discussed onscreen. Just a random mention that they had returned from California scattering the ashes.
I'm not familiar w/the history of this... What is the significance of a jade plant??

TIA
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Jun 13 2018, 06:20 AM.

kaha22

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I feel like I'm among my people :)

Jason47, I always laugh when I think about watching the show with my grandma. Because like 99% of the stories were super inappropriate for children but nobody seemed to care. (Oh, the 80s...) My grandma HATED Jack for "what he did to Kayla" (stated repeatedly in a vaguely menacing voice with a bony finger pointed angrily at the tv), so I had to hide my JnJ obsession. Which was not easy since I legit had pictures taped up all over my room and stacks of episodes on VHS...

Whitney1691
Member Avatar

This sounds wonderful to me I can't wait to Jennifer with Jack and I really can't wait to see Jack in scenes with Abby and Thomas. Abigail could really use her dad after everything she has been through.

I really can't wait for Jack to meet Stefan and I hope he can make him pay for hurting and taking advantage of his little girl. I really can't wait to see what happens next with Jack coming back.

Abigail and JJ could really use their dad.

JackandJen
Member Avatar

I am scared to get excited about this because is he actually coming back as a character who is alive?? or is he a ghost talking to his family? And honestly...if he DOES come back as an alive character...how long until they kill him off again???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply