Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Maison Blanche 1994; Finally Got The Original Episode!!
Topic Started: Jun 14 2007, 07:46 PM (1,261 Views)
Ridge
Member Avatar

I'm ecstatic. After what, 13 years I have finally got to re-watch Hope's FIRST scene back on DAYS!! I've been looking for these tapes/DVDs and none of the ones I bought actually had it until now.

Re-watching this SL is awesome. Everything was in place and storyline from young-uns to vets were featured greatly. You could tell that producers/etc. cared about the show. Anyways I have the May 5th 1994 episode (I'm sure it was May 5th but it could have been the 6th or 4th) where we see the back of Hope's head as she clinches her fist while Celeste combs her hair. I was hoping for the week after but no luck on that one. After 3 episodes where we just saw the back of Hope's head looking out the window, talking to Stefano, throwing things the Friday after Celeste finally turned Hope's face around and we saw her face! DAYS was just awesome back then.

I will try to youtube it since I couldn't find it online before I got this dvd. And if anyone knows where I can get the episode where we finally see Hope's face (May 11, 12 or 13th, 1994) please do let me know.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Maison Blanche is probably my fav DAYS storyline ever. SO much intrigue. So much suspense. So much...unpredictability. Mystery. Action. Drama. Romance. Eeriness!

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

Sadly, I have not seen much of Maison Blanche, certainly not in sequential order. How did you get the DVD's?

I myself recently shelled out $110.00 to get all 12 DVD's of Marlena's Possession (yes, Kenny, the same ones you got!). I originally got 5 tapes of the possession storyline back in 1997, but these DVD's have even *more* of the storyline... and I'm lovin' it! Better quality & sound too!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Gray Bunny
Jun 15 2007, 01:06 AM
Sadly, I have not seen much of Maison Blanche, certainly not in sequential order. How did you get the DVD's?

I myself recently shelled out $110.00 to get all 12 DVD's of Marlena's Possession (yes, Kenny, the same ones you got!). I originally got 5 tapes of the possession storyline back in 1997, but these DVD's have even *more* of the storyline... and I'm lovin' it! Better quality & sound too!

Wow! How far into the DVD's are you?

I FLOVED them!

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

I've only finished the first 2 so far, and I've already seen so much more than what was on my tapes I got 10 years ago. I'm so lovin' it!

I wish I had clearer copies of my Aremid tapes too. I haven't watched them in years, but I do have 4 tapes of Aremid.

I myself taped every episode of DAYS during the summer of 1997... I should probably do some compilation editing, but I don't have the time or knowledge of how to do that.

GBB
Member Avatar

Quote:

Everything was in place and storyline from young-uns to vets were featured greatly. You could tell that producers/etc. cared about the show.

That's the sense I get when I rewatch anything from back in the 80s or early 90s. Story arcs were planned out in advance and you always got little hints of the next s/l as one arc was drawing to a close. Now it feels too much like they're flying by the seat of their pants and catering to the whims of viewers.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Gray Bunny
Jun 15 2007, 12:06 AM

Hey Tim

I got it from one of the sites, coincidentally that Kenny gave us a link to LOL. Maybe we can do a trade or something. I am interested in the posession ones.

I have 3/4 of the posession SL tapes from the exact same site. But I was looking for the beginning episodes as well... I'm not sure if I have them LOL i haven't watched these tapes in over a year, but I want the one where the desecrator was revealed as Marlena (before we knew she was posessed) and stuff, and the christmas tree goes down. I think the rest of the SL is pretty much available.

Oh and you have Aremid?? Do you have a lot of the Lady in White stuff??

Rudolpho Meradi
Member Avatar

When I watch old DAYS episode then I can instantly notice the difference in production. One can clearly see how both the writers and producers put an extra effort into everything back then. I really wonder why they dont do that today anymore?

xDaysAddict
Unregistered

Can everyone post links to Days trading sites they dealt and had positive experiences with?
Quote Post Goto Top

Ridge
Member Avatar

xDaysAddict
Jun 15 2007, 10:19 AM
Can everyone post links to Days trading sites they dealt and had positive experiences with?

I don't trade I just buy LOL, but this is the site where I got the entire posession set, the entire Sonny and Brenda set and some others. There are a few others out there that I can try and fish out.

http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/vegasgirl/marlenaposession.htm

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Wow so proud for you Ridge. I just saw this post today. And thanks for the link I will have to check it out.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Dammit now I want to order all of these.

I agree the production and planning and execution and vision was just sooooooooooooooooo much better.

I don't know if it was back then the people were just so much better at their jobs or just we didn't have so much fucking transition ALL THE TIME where one person was in and one person was out with their new plan to save Days every three months.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Ugh I wish I was made of money so that I could buy ever JER episode that's on that tape purchasing site. I think my first would have to be everything from Sept 03-May 04....like I can afford that, though. lol. I'd kill to have the entire Salem Stalker storyline on DVD-- if not for the story itself, for my beloved Jan!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I was starting to buy tapes but god, I dunno where to store them! lol. And I'm too impatient to transfer them to dvd ... lol.

I really want to tho.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Here's another website, although I never ordered from her ever so I can't say about the quality but ani nteresting read none-the-less. Although she only appears to have full episodes of when Shane/Kim were on only, which kinda stinks.

http://www.geocities.com/soap_fan_4ever/DO...ading_Site.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply