Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SoapNet Rant Thread; Days Schedule News Too
Topic Started: Jun 17 2007, 09:57 PM (667 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Bitch and Moan about SoapNet!

I'll start..........

SoapNet seems to have changed the time for the Days Marathon, not sure if it's permanent or not........ :angry:

Tonight it's starting at 11pm CT/ 12am ET and lasts until 4am CT/ 5am ET
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Ugh, where to start my friend, LoL

No classic soaps, too much teen drama, crappy schedules, Brian Frons, Dallas~

I still want SunBe at the very least, I mean c'mon, you can get OTH and OC, you can get SunBe

Kenny
Member Avatar

I can't believe they've shoved the Days marathon to basically an overnight airing.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

They keep giving days the shaft with there scheduling right now. It's pi$$ing me off. They don't repeat it at 11 now weekdays. It's only 6pm and 5am for the airings during the week. Now the crappy marathon schedule. They are making it nearly impossible to watch days on there.

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

I swear, they are purposely making it so that it's either 6pm or not at all. They want us to watch their lil 5-6-7 marathon of OC/One Tree Hill/Days of Our Lives, even though DAYS has nothing to do with the other 2 shows.

I loved having DAYS at 11 and the 6-11 marathon on Sunday was also convenient during weeks I was too busy to watch. They are really screwing over the viewers.

And all this inconsistencies coming up... One OLTL episode being on at a different time so they can have some reality show? I mean, soaps thrive on CONSISTENCY, not just in its storytelling, but its TIMESLOT.

Soapnet needs to remember what happens when soaps are moved around too often. Remember the effect of all the OJ Simpson trial pre-emptions???

R Sinclair
Unregistered

Well, first off, I'm mad that my cable provider stopped making SN available without a fuckin cable box.

Second, I'm mad that Soap Talk was canceled.

Third, I'm mad, from the way it sounds this past year, that Soap Net has become the WB with The OC and OTH being added.
Quote Post Goto Top

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

You can't tell me you all arent suprised. I mean look at Days ratings. They are proably taking a hit at Soap ney too. Does anyone knows any ratings for the network. And Yes SuBe and even the City would be a nice addition to Soap Net

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

aMLCproduction
Jun 18 2007, 07:40 PM
You can't tell me you all arent suprised. I mean look at Days ratings. They are proably taking a hit at Soap ney too. Does anyone knows any ratings for the network. And Yes SuBe and even the City would be a nice addition to Soap Net

Well as of last year, DAYS was the #1 rated show for SoapNet (among same-day episode showings).

Can't imagine the ratings have fallen to far for them.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6447369.html

Quote:

Networks that posted the largest year-to-year ratings losses in primetime included SOAPnet (down 33% to an 0.4 average), CMT (down 33% to 0.2), FX (down 31% to 0.9), Lifetime Movie Network (down 29% to 0.5), Noggin/The N (down 33% to 0.2) and MTV (down 22% to 0.2).

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

On the one hand I think it's a good idea to associate shows like The OC with the idea of soap opera.

On the other hand, I want my damn Days marathon on Sunday when I can watch it.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

Mitchapalooza
Jun 18 2007, 09:21 PM
aMLCproduction
Jun 18 2007, 07:40 PM

Well as of last year, DAYS was the #1 rated show for SoapNet (among same-day episode showings).

Can't imagine the ratings have fallen to far for them.

Yeah and this time last year Days was scoring around a 2.5 to a 2.7 hell it was even no.3 in the ratings last year this time. In midst of the NBC drop inratings I imagine Soapnets airing of it lost viewers too

Thanks for that Multi channel link Everyone should check it out,

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Damn these fu*kers to hell! :flipoff:

Yet again the Days marathon is starting at 11pm CT/ 12am ET and lasting until 4am CT/ 5am ET.......

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK am I reading that multichannel thing wrong or does that say that SoapNet does better in primetime than MTV does? That seems odd to me.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Hmmm...SoapU anyone?!

I'm not even really pissed so much that they didn't choose me for top ten, but for the fact that alot of their entries were short films instead of what soaps truly should and need to be.

And The OC is SOOO not what needs to be played on SOAPnet.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Every time they reschedule Port Charles, they start the arcs over. Still waiting to see "The Gift."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply