Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Funny Things WE Say; Posts that Made you Spit Your Drink
Topic Started: Jun 20 2007, 06:58 PM (7,357 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

MichaelGL
Dec 7 2007, 05:46 PM
From today's DAYS thread (12/7/07)

Dragonish1: WTH was that ugly hairy thing hanging from Kate's neck? What poor Closet monster had to lose it's life to create that nasty frock...FUG! I rather go naked then wear Muppet fur.

:lol: :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

owlzindabarn
Mar 6 2008, 11:40 PM
Oh good god. Okay. Here's an exercise in censorship. This isn't even all that funny, but I know the posters here will appreciate this whole thing. I was BANNED from the nbc.com message boards for posting the following in the Passions forum:

"What was Sheridan wearing today? With her black striped top, short black skirt, black stockings and black go-go boots, she looked like a British streetwalker, circa 1969."

That's the comment that got me banned. I previously got a "warning" for stating something to the effect that "Lindsay Hartley may be joining her hubby soon on the unemployment line."

Both comments aren't especially hilarious, but they weren't intended to be actually mean to the actors, or whatever horrific "Terms of Use" violation I'm guilty of. I'm not looking for sympathy--I'm just saying that the simplest comments are taboo in certain corners of the internet. I guess the Constitution doesn't apply to nbc.com.

But don't pity me--as far as I'm concerned, it is a badge of honor to be booted out of a place for such a totally frivolous comment. I know they have a rule on there that says you cannot mock the actors. I wasn't. I was mocking Sheridan's clothes, not Mackenzie's integrity! Notice the kinds of threads in that forum. They're pointless. It's all "Team Theresa," "Team Lancy," etc. There's even a "Team Jesus" thread in there. They're all so glib; meaningless. really. That's probably because they end up censoring all the interesting posters (like me,  :lol:  snicker!).

I believe that that kind of overzealous moderation is a sickness that is taking over the internet. I know I'm a newbie here, but if the mods here ever think I'm out of line, just tell me like a human being and don't cite rules that are too general in the first place. (Rest assured; I believe the guidelines in this particular forum are not offensive to we lovers of Freedom of Speech).

Well, you're going to GET sympathy. Does NBC.com know these assholes who run their message boards are fangurls who need to get a FUCKING LIFE? They SUCK ASS. I'm sick of hearing these horror stories. Thank GOD for places like DR. God, believe me, I don't miss NBC.com one bit. They're just losers. In fact, is there a way to e-mail the exact person who banned you? (I forget, do they have their own addresses, like Fangurlbitch1, Fanboybitch5, etc?) or more appropriate (NBCfangurlbitch1, NBCfangurlbitch5, etc...) If so, I'd e-mail the EXACT one, CURSE THE SHIT out of them (I know, it's undignified, but they SO deserve a rude awakening and assholes like that don't change anyway so you might as well do SOMETHING cathartic) and tell them exactly how lame they are.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Apr 10 2008, 04:59 AM
owlzindabarn
Mar 6 2008, 11:40 PM
Oh good god. Okay. Here's an exercise in censorship. This isn't even all that funny, but I know the posters here will appreciate this whole thing. I was BANNED from the nbc.com message boards for posting the following in the Passions forum:

"What was Sheridan wearing today? With her black striped top, short black skirt, black stockings and black go-go boots, she looked like a British streetwalker, circa 1969."

That's the comment that got me banned. I previously got a "warning" for stating something to the effect that "Lindsay Hartley may be joining her hubby soon on the unemployment line."

Both comments aren't especially hilarious, but they weren't intended to be actually mean to the actors, or whatever horrific "Terms of Use" violation I'm guilty of. I'm not looking for sympathy--I'm just saying that the simplest comments are taboo in certain corners of the internet. I guess the Constitution doesn't apply to nbc.com.

But don't pity me--as far as I'm concerned, it is a badge of honor to be booted out of a place for such a totally frivolous comment. I know they have a rule on there that says you cannot mock the actors. I wasn't. I was mocking Sheridan's clothes, not Mackenzie's integrity! Notice the kinds of threads in that forum. They're pointless. It's all "Team Theresa," "Team Lancy," etc. There's even a "Team Jesus" thread in there. They're all so glib; meaningless. really. That's probably because they end up censoring all the interesting posters (like me,  :lol:  snicker!).

I believe that that kind of overzealous moderation is a sickness that is taking over the internet. I know I'm a newbie here, but if the mods here ever think I'm out of line, just tell me like a human being and don't cite rules that are too general in the first place. (Rest assured; I believe the guidelines in this particular forum are not offensive to we lovers of Freedom of Speech).

Well, you're going to GET sympathy. Does NBC.com know these assholes who run their message boards are fangurls who need to get a FUCKING LIFE? They SUCK ASS. I'm sick of hearing these horror stories. Thank GOD for places like DR. God, believe me, I don't miss NBC.com one bit. They're just losers. In fact, is there a way to e-mail the exact person who banned you? (I forget, do they have their own addresses, like Fangurlbitch1, Fanboybitch5, etc?) or more appropriate (NBCfangurlbitch1, NBCfangurlbitch5, etc...) If so, I'd e-mail the EXACT one, CURSE THE SHIT out of them (I know, it's undignified, but they SO deserve a rude awakening and assholes like that don't change anyway so you might as well do SOMETHING cathartic) and tell them exactly how lame they are.

I thank God I found this place. I left NBC and moved over here and I love it. If you disagree with those bias mods they will ban your ass.

ROFL @ this
Quote:

(I forget, do they have their own addresses, like Fangurlbitch1, Fanboybitch5, etc?) or more appropriate (NBCfangurlbitch1, NBCfangurlbitch5, etc...)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Me: "Lee had to pee"

:laugh:

Jonatha

Promo evil Dragon style...."On the next Days of Our Lives....Banjos are strumming and Stephine is humming in her Uncle's lap...A summer of unholy love is upon us as Max tries to look for his sister, so he can obviously fuck her too...Because the Niece is not enough."

Dragonish1

:applause:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

☼ Jinx ☼
Jun 29 2007, 03:08 AM
I say: "Alright people, I'm going to bed"

Rick says to me: "Why? You can sleep when you die"

This is one of those quotes I STILL remember.

This thread really does have to come back to life.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 9 2008, 12:26 AM
From just a couple minutes ago:

Amello: "Now, my biggest annoyance, you just like the show, have forgotten about MEGAN."

Kenny: "Oh, blah. I'm not the writer, so eat me. LoL"

:lol:

Love you both!
What were we talking about?
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
Apr 1 2010, 08:53 PM
Mason
Jan 9 2008, 12:26 AM
From just a couple minutes ago:

Amello: "Now, my biggest annoyance, you just like the show, have forgotten about MEGAN."

Kenny: "Oh, blah. I'm not the writer, so eat me. LoL"

:lol:

Love you both!
What were we talking about?
No idea but I heart Kenny's line.

Mason
Member Avatar

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

This thread should really have a life!

six
Member Avatar

Still love this post by lysie

"I'm still not over this. Seriously. They're going to surgically remove Jennifer's heart. That's right up there with choking Alice on her own donuts, and paralyzing John Black. You know what's going to happen next? Maggie's red shoes are going to stomp her to death. A flying chess piece is going to impale Stefano. Melanie's teeth are going to take over her head and she'll chew herself to death. Daniel and Chloe will burn alive in a tanning bed. Kate's jewelry will choke her. Sami's vocal chords will jump from her throat and strangle her. Someone will tip EJ over and pour him out"

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 4 2011, 03:42 PM

"I'm still not over this. Seriously. They're going to surgically remove Jennifer's heart. That's right up there with choking Alice on her own donuts, and paralyzing John Black. You know what's going to happen next? Maggie's red shoes are going to stomp her to death. A flying chess piece is going to impale Stefano. Melanie's teeth are going to take over her head and she'll chew herself to death. Daniel and Chloe will burn alive in a tanning bed. Kate's jewelry will choke her. Sami's vocal chords will jump from her throat and strangle her. Someone will tip EJ over and pour him out"
Aw thanks, six. I'm still a little worked up about that spoiler.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

thats the spirit!

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato said this, like, a year ago, and it still makes me laugh. And I still occasionally bring it up randomly. :embarrassed:

Quote:

My issue with AS on Twitter, or anyone else on Twitter, is someone who twats "I am sitting with Meghan feeding her my squash soup which I grew in my garden and spent hours cooking. She just loves to eat my butternut squash"
I just want to say "Put down the fucking phone and spend some time talking to your kid while feeding her." Can't be doing that great of a job if all your kid sees you doing is twatting on your phone.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Awesome thread!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

"I miss the days when TV stations would sign off at night and play the Star Spangled Banner. Of course, I also miss the days when they didn't "rap" in McDonald's commercials. " - Matt

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Bitch slap him baby boy! Just walk up to him and slap him LOL - Rick

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

six
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8468315&t=234181

I just let out a few drips on that one. :laugh:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

NavJLee8785
Jan 14 2011, 01:04 AM
Bitch slap him baby boy! Just walk up to him and slap him LOL - Rick
I still say you need to do it! :laugh:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Mason: Michelle Pfeiffer just does not age.

Kenny: Nope. And her forehead doesn't move, either.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Throne Room · Next Topic »
Add Reply