Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Sheffer interview/spoilers; from SID
Topic Started: Jun 22 2007, 04:19 PM (2,936 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Plan To Save Days!

Tackling the Brady/DiMera battle was something that HS has wanted to do since joining Days last year, but he had to bide his time before executing a tale involving so many A-list veterans - stars who were temporarily sidelined due to economic constraints. "Restrictions were placed on us for a while taht didn't allow us to do certain things," he says. Thankfully the purse strings have been loosened and Doug, Julie, Stefano, Tony, Lexie and Anna have returned allowing Sheffer to start his tale, incorporating historical facts (the tunnel between Doug's Place and the DiMera mansion) and new imformation (the tragic romance between Stefano's father, Santo, and Shawn's sister, Colleen). "History is incredibly important. You have to find the balance between the present story, which has to be current and contemporary, but still always tap into that history," notes Sheffer. In reviewing tapes from the 80's, Sheffer became a fan of Days supercouple Tony and Anna. "I want to give the audience back the fun, sweet Tony. Set right that he was never a criminal." But could the Count - who once framed Marlena for the Salem Serial Killer - ever be redeemed? "Someone asked me, 'Did you know there was an Andre?'" he confesses with a smile. "I said, 'Tell me all about it.'"

VCR Alerts:

Danger closes in on Hope after Stefano catches her snooping around in the DiMera mansion on Thursday, June 28.

And it's been a long time coming but Belle and Philip finally receive their divorce papers on Friday, June 29.

TBN.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rudolpho Meradi
Member Avatar

So I guess Tony will be revealed to really be Andre in July then?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Its so nice to hear from Hogan..Love it all...

GBB
Member Avatar

LOVE this! I can totally see why Sheffer would be captivated by 80s Anna and Tony. I hope he can bring the magic back. I always adored them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh my God. Is the article really titled "The Plan to Save Days!"?

LMAO! What is this? Number eighteen?

Okay... going off to actually READ it now. :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

Okay. Finally read it!

So... sound to me like Tony is definitely Andre. Now I'm just wondering... where's Tony?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Kenny
Jun 22 2007, 06:04 PM
Oh my God. Is the article really titled "The Plan to Save Days!"?

LMAO! What is this? Number eighteen?

Okay... going off to actually READ it now. :P

LOL! I was thinking that too. Every article/interview with Sheffer is called that.

Kenny
Member Avatar

This could get very interesting. Imagine if Andre has Tony locked up someplace... the drama! I've been wanting a "held captive" storyline for a while now, LoL.

Maybe Tony's in The Secret Room, watching all the goings-on from a monitor, a la Kristen/Marlena in 1997! :P

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

It would make more sense that Andre would be the mastermind of the salem serial killer storyline...Tony was dark, but never that demented..I just hope they have an explanation of who died in Aremid..But i guess thats too important..

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just had a brilliant thought!

What if Anna uncovers the truth, and in order to keep her quiet, Andre tosses her in wherever he's holding Tony captive! From there, Tony/Anna re-connect and plot their escape together while sharing a little romance behind secret walls. Dramatic, romantic... I love it!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, if this is Andre and the stupid neverending kidnapping crap was Andre, then I need to know who died in Aremid. That was my first storyline with the show. I'd like to be able to, y'know, understand it.

I'd also like to know what Andre's motives were for the stupid neverending kidnapping crap- did he love Kristen? Has it all always been Andre and Tony's been kidnapped for over a decade?

I'm glad he's watching tapes. Nice to know he's not going into this blind.

Kenny
Member Avatar

It just has to play out like this. I'm too excited for it not to! LoL! Obviously, Andre has Tony locked up someplace. I'm guessing that over time, as Anna and "Tony" begin spending more time together, she'll grow more and more suspicious of his true identity. Eventually, she will learn the truth and confront him with it, but before she gets a chance to tell anyone, Andre will probably lock her up right alongside the real Tony!

From there, Tony/Anna will re-connect (romance ensues!) and together, they'll plot a way to escape their captor and expose his true identity to Stefano and the rest of Salem. There will probably be a big show-down between Andre and Tony where one dies and one lives, and Anna will have to figure out who's who or something, LoL. You know, classic soap stuff.

Keith
Member Avatar

I'd much rather see an indepth psychological thing that Tony needs to go through to find the real 'him', involve Marlena, John won't like it, doesn't trust him. Roman will be all up in Anna, who will be determined to help Tony be the man she once loved.

But, if I get to see Tony and Anna in another dungeon setting and there's a line about 'deja vu', I'll just die of happiness.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm over the Andre cop-out. It's becoming ridiculous if you ask me. Yes, I know that Andre is a biological DiMera and no one from that family stays dead, but if it was Andre, and only Andre, that was being killed and coming back from the dead I wouldn't have a problem. Stefano is known for dying and coming back to life. The phoenix has risen almost a dozen times now. However, Andre isn't even a real consistent character on the show. He once was, and is only brought back in order to redeem Tony. "Oh that was Andre..." That's what we seem to always hear. I'm sick of it. I would rather they give Thaao an in-depth psycholigcal storyline to play rather than the cliche evil twin storyline.

Those divorce papers cannot be the end of PHELLE. I just feel more coming out of those two. Sorry SHELLE fans.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 22 2007, 10:39 PM
I'm over the Andre cop-out. It's becoming ridiculous if you ask me. Yes, I know that Andre is a biological DiMera and no one from that family stays dead, but if it was Andre, and only Andre, that was being killed and coming back from the dead I wouldn't have a problem. Stefano is known for dying and coming back to life. The phoenix has risen almost a dozen times now. However, Andre isn't even a real consistent character on the show. He once was, and is only brought back in order to redeem Tony. "Oh that was Andre..." That's what we seem to always hear. I'm sick of it. I would rather they give Thaao an in-depth psycholigcal storyline to play rather than the cliche evil twin storyline.

Those divorce papers cannot be the end of PHELLE. I just feel more coming out of those two. Sorry SHELLE fans.

I understand what you're saying. This show plays musical identities far too much. However, the idea of having Andre back gives LeAnn Hunley alot to play, and I think with her back on the canvas, this story could lead to many exciting places -- especially if Tony and Anna end up being captives together.

As for Phillip and Belle receiving their divorce papers, it only means one thing: they're not over. Every couple on this show that actually receives divorce papers only receives them for one reason -- so that the audience can see the sadness in their eyes as they contemplate signing them. That sadness in their eyes, of course, leads to re-kindled feelings, and thus the romance starts all over again. Nobody who ACTUALLY gets divorced on this show actually receives and signs the papers on-screen... that always happens off-screen. So, yeah, we're definitely headed for PHELLE, round 16. Kill me now. Compared to all the other excitement right now, this and the "teen" story seems like a totally different show. Why are they so islanded?

Keith
Member Avatar

Agree about the isolation, Kenny. Enough!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds like Andre is all but confirmed, which was expected. I love him mentioning going back to Tony and Anna. It sounds like he wants to keep them both around. Yay!!

You can tell Hogan is excited because he is speaking again like he was before. This is what he wants to and likes to write. He loves the vets.

It's good to see him watching the videos too. You can really see that he is with the way the story is being approached.

I agree to about the isolation. They should start interacting some of the other characters more.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Whoever the hell Thaao Penghlis is playing... be it crazy, bitter Tony or straight up sociopath Andre... I don't want this character to be killed off even though I do want to see Thaao and Leann explore their romantic chemistry on the show again.

I just love him as this caustic, eccentric villain they are writing him as now so much that I'd hate to see that quickly cast aside.

I think it'd be interesting if they actually made it Tony who died in Aremid and Andre has just been impersonating Tony all this time and then at a later date they can have Tony show up in Salem to Andre's surprise that he is actually alive. I am perfectly fine with them rewriting history that way since Aremid is so much better if Tony is the one who actually dies (or is thought to die).

But I would rather not see Andre locking up Tony again. If he is going to lock someone up I'd want it to be EJ with Sami eventually rescuing him the way that Anna did Tony and then the two of them can finally have scenes alone without OLD YELLER interrupting them. They could work out all their issues about the rape too actually getting some closure for the characters so then we wouldn't have to be reminded 15 times an episode of Hogan's retarded melodramatic plotpoint from six months ago at the expense of the character of EJ. At least that's how it works out in my blog. lol. well minus the tony being andre part.

And getting back to Tony and Anna... I am really glad to hear that Hogan likes them. Haven't been a fan of a lot of what has happened under his reign but to hear him say that shows me he at least has SOME good taste. And very excited to hear that he is getting really into 80s history of the show. His comments lately and this summer storyline make me think he is trying which is something I wasn't totally convinced of before.

I just wonder what the hell was going on all those months that Hogan was silent. Were the people who left for AMC really in charge of storylines or something and that's why stuff sucked so much from Jan-April or was it just simply the money issue?

Ridge
Member Avatar

Keith
Jun 22 2007, 10:26 PM

IA that the teens/youngsters are islanded too...

BUT, I think they are better off this way. I would hate to see them running around trying to solve this Brady DiMera feud or being targeted in it too considering they are the least important on the pole. Their storylines are fine this way IMO. This is a vet storyline IMO and Im glad they are finally writing it that way. I think a scene here and there is not bad but definitely not anything bigger.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ridge
Jun 24 2007, 01:14 PM
Keith
Jun 22 2007, 10:26 PM

IA that the teens/youngsters are islanded too...

BUT, I think they are better off this way. I would hate to see them running around trying to solve this Brady DiMera feud or being targeted in it too considering they are the least important on the pole. Their storylines are fine this way IMO. This is a vet storyline IMO and Im glad they are finally writing it that way. I think a scene here and there is not bad but definitely not anything bigger.

IA to a point. I think that when they really get into it they have to bring in the younger crowd- Bo & Hope's kids, at least. I don't want to see Shawn and Belle take down Stefano or anything like that, but the family feud doesn't fully make sense without all of them involved.

Besides, Shawn & Belle are long overdue for "death," and this is the perfect opportunity for a killing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply