Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: BLACKMAILER REVEALED!
Topic Started: Jun 25 2007, 07:51 PM (1,858 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

THE BLACKMAILER IS NONE OTHER THAN Passions (Global/NBC) – Pretty news
She’s not just another pretty face: Melinda Sward is the mysterious and disfigured face haunting Harmony, who will be revealed to be Pretty Crane at the end of July.

HERES THE LINK TO IT PASSIONS LINK

edit: added show to title of thread.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! UGHHHHHH!!!

Alin89
Member Avatar

yes yuck

King
Member Avatar

JERRRRRRRRRRRRR. You finally had a quasi good mystery going on here. Why did you have to ruin it.

Making a new character the Answer to a Whodunit...isn't that breaking like Soap Commandment number like...four? Shame, Shame, JER. SIGH.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, it certainly couldn't be a current character because it wouldn't make sense, even for JER. The only current characters it could be is Vincent or Valerie or something.

I said Pretty all along because she is a Crane and the person behind this had it out for everyone so that fit the bill. I like that it's Pretty and there is potential but what I do hate is that it is predictable and that he just blew the damn secret to TV Guide. That takes away all suspense right there.

JER should be out of a job on that fact alone.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Meh. I'm going to hold onto the fact that it actually has been enjoyable.

And yeah, might've been nice had they learned from the other shit-tastic mystery endings, but still. They gave more pure entertainment from this than they have in a long while.

What's her deal with Ethan? And why the Lo-Fitzes? She wants Fox with Kay, or what?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

A good question would be why she wants her half-brother Ethan. That is just plain sick but that's JER.

King
Member Avatar

Maybe she kills Fox on the NBC finale.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

To be perfectly honest I am just really happy it's not Vincent. The last few mysteries or big storylines have been huge letdowns; Rachel, Alistair as the Monk, PassionsTabloidTruth. At least with it being Pretty, it explains how the blackmailer knew so much about the Crane mansion and the tunnels and the connection with the people in Harmony to some degree. I'm kind of excited to find out why Pretty loves her brother. I'm definitely intrigued.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

skiman12082004
Jun 25 2007, 06:53 PM
To be perfectly honest I am just really happy it's not Vincent.

You know what? I totally agree with that feeling.

It does open some interesting questions about Pretty Crane. Where's she been, how did she get to be the most powerful Crane (Sheridan and Fancy combined couldn't sway the judge, but apparently Pretty could), why'd she pick now to show up....

Of course, based on the previous mysteries I doubt they'll touch on any of that, but still.

Huh. I think I kind of like this now. My only beef is that it didn't need to take that long to get here.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I think Pretty IS a big surprise.

So I am guessing that Vincent is the Evian son afterall, and He and Valerie were just red gerrings. Good job Reilly

I believed the theory that Pretty was handicapped because Esme said she "wheeled around" when she saw her in Paris.

Mikey, You should be happy. I remember you saying if it's Vincent/Valerie, JER could suck on your balls. Now ya dont have to worry haha :lol:

King
Member Avatar

It really should have been someone on the canvas I think just because it's the last big story. It could have been a nice hommage to long time fans but open new doors for the Direct TV stories. It could have been a double whammy.

It could have been tons of other people on the canvas other than Vincent.

TC, for one. Hahahahaha.

King
Member Avatar

Haha, well, I don't like this for the same reason!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King
Jun 26 2007, 02:46 AM
It really should have been someone on the canvas I think just because it's the last big story. It could have been a nice hommage to long time fans but open new doors for the Direct TV stories. It could have been a double whammy.

It could have been tons of other people on the canvas other than Vincent.

TC, for one. Hahahahaha.

IMO It should have been a brainwashed Gwen or a sexually confused Spike, but I'm fine with it being Pretty.

King
Member Avatar

I would have liked those too. Why can't it just be THERESA? :lol: If he can do it TWICE with Marlena, he could do it ONCE with Theresa!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King
Jun 26 2007, 02:50 AM
I would have liked those too. Why can't it just be THERESA? :lol: If he can do it TWICE with Marlena, he could do it ONCE with Theresa!

Of course I'm just getting my jollies because I have this mental picture of Chris Malecki french kissing Eric Martsolf while on his lap :sex:

d_alias
Member Avatar

yea right... oh passions.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Jun 25 2007, 09:20 PM
skiman12082004
Jun 25 2007, 06:53 PM
To be perfectly honest I am just really happy it's not Vincent.

You know what? I totally agree with that feeling.

It does open some interesting questions about Pretty Crane. Where's she been, how did she get to be the most powerful Crane (Sheridan and Fancy combined couldn't sway the judge, but apparently Pretty could), why'd she pick now to show up....

Of course, based on the previous mysteries I doubt they'll touch on any of that, but still.

Huh. I think I kind of like this now. My only beef is that it didn't need to take that long to get here.

And that is why I can tolerate this.

In a way, it is a surprise because the Val/Vincent theory had spread like wildfire and everyone bought it. I agree it should not have taken this long.

The other thing is that this was not meant to be the last story. This story started in late 2006 and I think had Passions really been cancelled it would've been changed to something fitting of a last story. I still think this is fitting but it would've been bigger.

I am curious about what Fancy did to her and so many things. Why does she want her half brother? Let's also remember he/she raped Fancy, her own sister. Pretty sick, no pun intended. The stalker mentioned how he/she had it out for all of Harmony. WHy? Did they run him/her out of town? This could be a pretty intense story, as we saw in the Theresa/stalker tunnel scenes in April/May.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jun 25 2007, 07:59 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! UGHHHHHH!!!

Thank GOD!

Granted, I regret opening the thread now, for sheer surprise, but in all honesty, after watching today's episode, I HAD planned on typing that I think it was Pretty. The blackmailer just HAD to be a Crane to know about all the things that he/she did. Also, to have a lair with actual IMAGES of the he/she painted on the walls, on the Crane estate, was something that only a priveleged freak would have. A regular freak would just have a lair, with blank walls.

And the fact that he/she tortured Fancy before anyone, and the great lengths that they used to specifically target Fancy, also is a great indicator. Targeting Luis was great too since that was Fancy's object of affection.

I think it's a great twist.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jun 25 2007, 08:10 PM
JERRRRRRRRRRRRR. You finally had a quasi good mystery going on here. Why did you have to ruin it.

Making a new character the Answer to a Whodunit...isn't that breaking like Soap Commandment number like...four? Shame, Shame, JER. SIGH.

I'm sorry but um, who cares?

Screw Doug Marland's rules! :lol: :lol:

It makes sense, so what's the problem with it.

I mean, honestly, would we have REALLY wanted it to be Antonio from the dead, or Faith or Grace (evil) or Charity (evil) or something equally lame?

I think it works, especially since the mystery of Pretty has been stirred up for months in Harmony. So while it's a new character, it's not like "a girl named Mandy Pandy" whom we have NEVER heard of is the he/she.

There is a context to draw from.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply