Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: BLACKMAILER REVEALED!
Topic Started: Jun 25 2007, 07:51 PM (1,689 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Jun 25 2007, 08:24 PM
Well, it certainly couldn't be a current character because it wouldn't make sense, even for JER. The only current characters it could be is Vincent or Valerie or something.

I said Pretty all along because she is a Crane and the person behind this had it out for everyone so that fit the bill. I like that it's Pretty and there is potential but what I do hate is that it is predictable and that he just blew the damn secret to TV Guide. That takes away all suspense right there.

JER should be out of a job on that fact alone.

I would agree, but because the same thing happened to a higher profile story -- Marlena as the SSK, anyone? -- it doesn't seem that shocking to have the pre-reveal, lol.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Jun 25 2007, 08:38 PM
A good question would be why she wants her half-brother Ethan. That is just plain sick but that's JER.

Well, I'm straight and all, but I must say, is it really that much of a mystery why she wants Ethan, regardless of relation? :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Jun 25 2007, 09:46 PM
I think Pretty IS a big surprise.

So I am guessing that Vincent is the Evian son afterall, and He and Valerie were just red gerrings. Good job Reilly

I believed the theory that Pretty was handicapped because Esme said she "wheeled around" when she saw her in Paris.

Mikey, You should be happy. I remember you saying if it's Vincent/Valerie, JER could suck on your balls. Now ya dont have to worry haha :lol:

I agree that JER did a VERY good job with Vinny/Val as red herrings. I WAS SO SURE, until today's episode, that they were one in the same and were the blackmailer. Although, heck, I was also suspicious and wondered if Vinny/Val were also somehow Pretty! :lol:

It was a great mystery and this reveal doesn't take from that because no one knew for sure (or the majority didn't), as they did with the VERY easy to guess Passions Red mystery and the monk one.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Antonio from the dead would've been neat. I would also have accepted anything supernatural- though they can still go there- or Beth, because I miss Beth.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I wasn't drawing from Marland's rules. I was drawing from...common sense.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't even watch the dumbass show, and I called this the minute they started talking about Pretty Crane. No one can really be surprised. This is Reilly we're talking about. Any DAYS fan knows that when a character is mentioned, they usually pop up in a "shocking" way. I guessed Pretty months ago.

Why is this show even still on the air?!?

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

SOW even leaked that it was Pretty in their spoilers in an attempt to be coy.

whitbrookfan4life
Member Avatar

WTF. NOOOOOOOO! it's supposed to be vincent! it HAS to be vincent! it just fits for it to be vincent!

UGH jer you SUCK. what a letdown.

Deleted User
Deleted User

whitbrookfan4life
Jun 26 2007, 08:51 AM
WTF. NOOOOOOOO! it's supposed to be vincent! it HAS to be vincent! it just fits for it to be vincent!

UGH jer you SUCK. what a letdown.

Oh, come ON!@ JER does not suck! It makes perfect sense and it's A BRILLIANTLY written story!

ONLY Pretty could be the blackmailer, who knows all these things AND has a shitload of power.

Therefore, it's not the most surprising twist but it's UNBELIEVABLY well written and consistent and entertaining.

Besides, our boy will do right by us by making Val/Vinny one. Just you watch! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Meh. Not very surprising.

Hypnotoad

King
Jun 25 2007, 08:10 PM
JERRRRRRRRRRRRR. You finally had a quasi good mystery going on here. Why did you have to ruin it.

Making a new character the Answer to a Whodunit...isn't that breaking like Soap Commandment number like...four? Shame, Shame, JER. SIGH.

JER doesn't believe in rules he didn't make himself. And the only rule he's made is to assume the role of a creatively-impotent ape.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

I really think some of you are being really harsh on JER for his past misdeeds. The blackmailer storyline is actually good; you guys have to admit that.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

DrewHamilton
Jun 26 2007, 02:14 AM
Why is this show even still on the air?!?

:shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

skiman12082004
Jun 26 2007, 05:21 PM
I really think some of you are being really harsh on JER for his past misdeeds. The blackmailer storyline is actually good; you guys have to admit that.

thank YOU, skiman. The voice of reason. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

DrewH...give it two months. :lol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I don't think anyone's judging Reilly too harshly. When you spew crap for the bulk of your career, coming up with such bullshit as "the stupid neverending kidnapping crap" on Days & "Ethan & Theresa: together for 2 months, in love for 8 years, having the same conversation for up to 6 months at a time" on Passions you have to do quite a bit to clean up your reputation.

One Pretty question I'll need to have answered relatively quickly: what the fuck is her issue with Jessica Bennett? Is she that offended by stupidity? Jealous of the plastic-y look Jessica pulls off quite well?

That's actually how I think the storyline should be judged- by how fast he fills in blanks after revealing the blackmailer's identity. If it's another Martin/Katherine kind of deal where there's never really a legit explanation given, then the whole thing is crap, imho.

King
Member Avatar

Um, that shouldn't be the question on your mind. The question should be if the He-She was telling Sher Sher and Fr. Lonigan that he-she was born like...a freak and judged by her family and town, and if everyone knew Pretty Crane was born a freak and judged by her family and town, why didn't the Cranes put two and two together if one of their own had the very same issues? This is too big of a DUH, even for Harmonians.

It's also gotten to the point where the person was messing with too many people on the canvas. A WhoDunIt storyline can't just be involved in every plot for the sake of being involved in every plot. It's stupid. ESPECIALLY when it's going to turn out to be someone newish who only has a limited number of established connections to people on the show.

It's really become clear that JER thinks his audience are a bunch of teenagers who will watch day and day out and somehow lose their memories from day to day. The storylines don't make much sense anymore, and they lack logic big time. I don't know why he thinks younger viewers have no brains, but he does. Even if the show is a sitcom or a parody or whatever it is you want to call it, it could still be a well-written, smart, edgy, quality show while doing that.

King
Member Avatar

I have read Luis and Harmony figure out the blackmailer is Pretty, and they are pretty sure about it...............but THEY'RE WRONG!

Don't know if it's true or not, but supposedly, yes, she is "REVEALED to be Blackmailer" thanks to Luis, Fancy, and Sheridan's investigations but is actually not.

And this possibility makes me HAPPPPPPPY!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

King
Jun 27 2007, 01:43 PM
I have read Luis and Harmony figure out the blackmailer is Pretty, and they are pretty sure about it...............but THEY'RE WRONG!

Don't know if it's true or not, but supposedly, yes, she is "REVEALED to be Blackmailer" thanks to Luis, Fancy, and Sheridan's investigations but is actually not.

And this possibility makes me HAPPPPPPPY!

Now that sounds promising King!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I didn't even wonder why the Cranes wouldn't put it together, King. I guess I don't expect much from Sheridan- or any of them.

A false reveal at this juncture would be a bad move and piss me off more than words can express. I know it's a Passions staple, but...for fuck's sake, writers. NO FALSE REVEAL. None of this "oh it's Pretty...for like a month" bullshit. It's not the same as a twist. It's not entertainment, imho. It's just crap.

Much of the problem with the show is that nothing has ever been real- Chad's not the Evian child, Julian and Theresa were never married, he was never murdered, Liz was Eve's sister, then half-sister, then adopted half-sister or something, Theresa tells all to Ethan but OH NO he doesn't hear or it's a fantasy or whatever. I hope that they don't do that again some more when most of us only have a few months left to endure/enjoy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply