Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FANTASY PRESS RELEASES!; we haven't done this yet. :)
Topic Started: Jun 28 2007, 12:16 AM (1,443 Views)
King
Member Avatar

What are your current fantasy press releases that you sign onto the DR PRAYING you'll see everyday?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

Thanks for asking King this is easy for me as I have a few.

VR,DS,HT,ED all return to Y&R

Brash&Cwickly named new Headwriters of Days

Edge of Night is being revived

Claire Labine and Lorraine Boderick make a return to writing soaps

Passions is getting Hogan Sheffer as a headwriter. :hail:

Brian Frons is fired from ABCD :cheers:

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

KREIZMAN and WHEELER FIRED!

Guiding Light's Head Writer and Executive Producer have been given the boot on the behalf of Barbara Bloom and Proctor & Gamble. Donna Swajeski has been temporarily named Head Writer.

BRODERICK, BRADBURY, and WASHAM are named Guiding Light's new Head Writers.

Hot off the heels of the firing of GL's Emmy winning production and writing team, CBS and P&G has announced the new head writing team of the 70 year old sudser. Lorraine Broderick, Bettina F. Bradbury, and Wisner Washam have been named Head Writers of the soap. TRENT JONES has been handed the title of Associate Head Writer. AW alumns PEGGY SLOANE and NERISSA RADELL have been named as breakdown writers. Script writers will consist of RICHARD J. ALLEN, TITA BELL, STEPHANIE BRAXTON, FREDRICK JOHNSON, PENELOPE KOECHL, and ROGER NEWMAN. In the position of Executive Producer, Bloom and P&G looked outside of the industry and found former Knots Landing EP, PETER DUNNE for the job.

MASS EXODUS from GL.
The new TPTB at GL are cleaning house. Bradley Cole and Michelle Ray Smith are just some of the departures.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

MARCY WALKER RETURNS TO DAYTIME

as Samantha Walsh on As The World Turns, now head written by Lynn Marie Latham and Josh Griffith.

KIM ZIMMER- ATTACKED by CRAZED Santa Barbara fan from Indiana (not juniorz) !!!!!

ANOTHER WORLD RETURNS TO SoapNet! Airing Back to Back with the newly added SANTA BARBARA!!!!!! Soapnet gives NBC fans the 80s back!

JEROME & BRIDGET DOBSON NAMED TOP SCRIBES AT Y&R!!!

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

the dobsons? interesting state your case. LOVE THEONE ABOUT KIM ZIMMER I assume u dont like her

oakdalelover

Chris Goutman named VP of Daytime Programming for CBS
Former ATWT producer who invigorated that soap in 1999 now takes the reigns of overseeing all of CBS's daytime programming.

Former CBS exec takes over Y&R
Barbara Bloom assumes the reigns of Executive Producer and Head Writer at daytime's highest rated soap. Joining her as Co-Head Writers are Paula Cwickly and Peter Brash. Bloom says she is looking forward to going back to the day to day involvement of a daytime soap.

Longtime B&B Exec relinquishes control of writing his soap.
Bradley Bell is stepping down as Head writer of The Bold and the Beautiful. Kay Alden and Janice Ferri Esser who just recently joined the writing staff have been promoted to Head writers. Brad says he has every confidence in these two ladies who worked so well for his father ,the legendary Bill Bell. Brad will retain the title of Executive Producer.

Millee Taggart rejoins As the World Turns. The Cullitons assume the writing spot.
Taggart,who co wrote this show with Tom King in the 1980's will become the new Executive Producer of ATWT. Taggart had that position with "Starting Over" a syndicated soap-reality show.She looks forward to collaberating with husband and wife writing team,Richard and Carolyn Culliton.She says that the history of this show and the long-standing veteran characters are so under utilized and her team will be bringing them back to the forefront.

Pamela Long set to make another return to Guiding Light.
The Emmy-award winning scribe will replace Ellen Wheeler as Executive Producer of daytimes longest running show. Lorraine Broderick and Addie Walsh will assume the Head writing duties for thiis show.Look for some familiar names in front of and behind the camera to reappear,Long was heard to say.

Newly installed VP Goutman is confident with the changes that have been made that the only way to go is up!
He shocked the daytime press when he announced that Claire Labine will consult at Y&R and B&B. Agnes Nixon will consult at ATWT and GL.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Love the press releases you guys made oakdalelover & juniorz. Chris Goutman as VP of CBS Daytime? Never thought of that, but it would be a great choice.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar
Oh, I didnt know we could customize this! LOL

Lucci to bid Aideu Pine Valley

In a shocking move, All My Children is gearing up to say goodbye to one of the last remaining cast members and arguably their best known name and face, Erica Kane and Susan Lucci. An AMC spokesperson, says that after years of being unhappy with her character's storylines, Lucci asked to be released from her contract.

Erica Kane has been a staple of the life and times in Pine Valley and on All My Children since it's inception in 1970. The last two years however, have mared Erica's life, with the resserection of the fetus she aborted in 1973. He marriage and divorce from long time love Jackson Montogery. The departure of her beloved daughter Bianca. And a whole lot more family drama that hasn't been kind to the queen of the Daytime scene.

The same source went on to say that Erica will not die, but will exit the Valley by making a decision that many feel has been long over due. "Look for one of Ms. Kane's former lovers to make a cameo as he answers the door when she shows up on his doorstep", teases the source. " It'll leave the fans speechless. It'll be controversial, and it'll piss off a lot of fans", the source concluded with a smile, " Just the way that Erica Kane likes it. "

When approached for offiical comment, a show rep declined to comment, stating that they don't comment on contracts.

Stay tuned suds fans, as next week we'll tell you shocking indentity of the ex-lover Erica runs to....

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson returns to 'DAYS!'

In a shocking move, Eileen Davidson has broken her new contract with "The Bold & The Beautiful" on CBS and will return to her old stomping grounds on NBC's "Days of Our Lives" in August. Although it wasn't known exactly how long she had signed on for at B&B, a show spokesperson did confirm that the contract was broken with her early exit.

At press time, B&B honcho Bradley Bell had no comment. Davidson, however, had this to say: "I just missed my home. I missed Salem. Many fans have been asking for Kristen to return, and I've missed playing such a saucy character. Because [Days] might not live past 2009, I thought that it was now or never, so I broke my contract [with B&B]. I think it will be worth it. I'm excited!"

Says Days' headwriter Hogan Sheffer: "Kristen's return will mark the beginning of the most exciting story I've ever had a chance to write on either 'Days' or 'ATWT.' I think this will be amazing."

Ridge
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 30 2007, 02:28 AM
Eileen Davidson returns to 'DAYS!'

In a shocking move, Eileen Davidson has broken her new contract with "The Bold & The Beautiful" on CBS and will return to her old stomping grounds on NBC's "Days of Our Lives" in August. Although it wasn't known exactly how long she had signed on for at B&B, a show spokesperson did confirm that the contract was broken with her early exit.

At press time, B&B honcho Bradley Bell had no comment. Davidson, however, had this to say: "I just missed my home. I missed Salem. Many fans have been asking for Kristen to return, and I've missed playing such a saucy character. Because [Days] might not live past 2009, I thought that it was now or never, so I broke my contract [with B&B]. I think it will be worth it. I'm excited!"

Says Days' headwriter Hogan Sheffer: "Kristen's return will mark the beginning of the most exciting story I've ever had a chance to write on either 'Days' or 'ATWT.' I think this will be amazing."

That's my dream one too Kenny.

These threads are always funny and I believe once or twice we got it right eventually (there ere many Hogan Sheffer ones a few years back).

crc
Member Avatar
Janelle Monae is Android # 57821 aka Cindi Mayweather

juniorz1
Jun 28 2007, 08:05 PM
KIM ZIMMER- ATTACKED by CRAZED Santa Barbara fan from Indiana (not juniorz) !!!!!

:lol:

For the record, it's not me either. Although I'm a Hoosier boy myself and it's true that all this corn can make anybody go a little nutty ("Children of the Corn" anybody?)... or corny (okay, I fall into that category).

I wonder who is this person you speak of. Hmmm? Tee-hee.

AllMyShadows

ABC Revives Classic CBS Soap, with changes

ABC has announced plans to perform a first in daytime, something that has never been done before. The Alphabet net plans to ressurect the classic sudser "Love of Life", which was last seen on our screens in February 1980. The announcement is strange for several reasons. The defunct drama revolving around, for the most part, two sisters (one good and one bad, of course) aired on rival network CBS for its entire twenty-nine years on the air, thus creating question as to why ABC would be interested in bringing it back. Moving along, it also creates question why any network, during this dire time in the genre, would spend the money to bring back a series that has been gone for nearly three decades.

For the answers, we talked to President of ABC Daytime, Mr. Brian Scott Frons. Frons participated in an informative interview with us at an upscale New York restaurant to shed some light on this exciting development:

Q: So...Love of Life. Why that soap? Why now? Why any soap at all?
Frons: Why not Love of Life? It was a television institution for 35 years, not to mention the fact that it made such a successful transition over from radio. We felt the need to bring this back to TV. Irna Phillips created a masterpiece with the show, so we felt we owed it to Irna to revive one of her shows.

Q: Sounds good. But what does this mean for your current soaps? "The Big 3" have pretty much held ABC Daytime together for a few years short of 40 years now. Will we have to sacrifice any of them?
Frons: Of course not. We're just going to cut One Life to a half-hour and put it on right before AMC. They're sister shows, so it'll work. We've deemed the AMC-followed-by-OLTL block to be a disaster anyway.

Q: Surrrrrrre. So, what are we going to be seeing on this new Love of Life? Will it be a remake, or a return to the series?
Frons: We thought about the idea of doing a return to it, to pick things up, but...well, with the actress playing the leading character - whose name I'm forgetting right now - well, she's dead. So we couldn't do that. So we decided to do a total remake. The story of two sisters, one good, one bad! One blonde, one brunette! One hot like a supermodel, the other one hot like the sexy, naughty librarian.

Q: Interesting! Tell us more.
Frons: My pleasure. You see, we wanted to update this series and bring it into 2007. We researched all of its history and I assure you, I know everything about this show, inside and out. So we started by changing things up a bit with the two sisters. To begin with, we decided to set the show in college. The two sisters are collegians. Vanessa, the bad one, is going to be the party girl of the two. She's gonna be the one doing the body shots off the coffee table and flashing the neighbors and such. Meg, the good girl, is gonna be so taken aback by her sister's actions. But we'll soon learn the truth behind that.

Q: Hint! Hint!
Frons: Well, I'll give you a tiny morsel to work on. It's the smallest possible hint I'm allowed to give you, so get your thinking cap working! The truth is, Meg has a big old lesbian crush on her sexy sister and she's so jealous of all of the men that Vanessa sleeps with! So she's going to try to pose a boy to get into Vanessa's panties! Which, I should add, Vanessa rarely wears those.

Q: Yikes! That's quite a lot for such a small hint!
Frons: Oh, but there's more. It's going to be a really touching storyline. We plan to be socially conscious with this show, so expect us to tackle hard-hitting those types of hard-hitting issues. Our viewers have gotten used to the ABC Daytime brand that I've created and they like it. They want more of it. So I'm merely bringing home the bacon!

Q: Of course. Now, leave us with a closing word. Give us three words to describe what this Love of Life is going to be all about.
Frons: No problem. S. E. X! It sells, and nobody can bring it like ABC Daytime!

After the interview, Mr. Frons ordered an 8-piece bucket and a mashed potato bowl and assured me that he was going to do "Love of Life" right.

cassie1013

Heather Tom returns to Y&R ! :D

MY biggest one though...MARTHA MADISON IS FIRED AND KIRSTEN STORMS IS RESURRECTED!!! Oh, I would die. Just die. But it won't happen.

Eileen Davidson comes to DOOL.

Louise Sourel returns!!!!! (With Nicky Alamain and Ivan in tow?)

Cat
Member Avatar

AllMyShadows
Jul 2 2007, 12:36 AM

ABC has announced plans to perform a first in daytime, something that has never been done before. The Alphabet net plans to ressurect the classic sudser "Love of Life", which was last seen on our screens in February 1980. The announcement is strange for several reasons. The defunct drama revolving around, for the most part, two sisters (one good and one bad, of course) aired on rival network CBS for its entire twenty-nine years on the air, thus creating question as to why ABC would be interested in bringing it back. Moving along, it also creates question why any network, during this dire time in the genre, would spend the money to bring back a series that has been gone for nearly three decades.

For the answers, we talked to President of ABC Daytime, Mr. Brian Scott Frons. Frons participated in an informative interview with us at an upscale New York restaurant to shed some light on this exciting development:

Frons: Why not Love of Life? It was a television institution for 35 years, not to mention the fact that it made such a successful transition over from radio. We felt the need to bring this back to TV. Irna Phillips created a masterpiece with the show, so we felt we owed it to Irna to revive one of her shows.

Q: Sounds good. But what does this mean for your current soaps? "The Big 3" have pretty much held ABC Daytime together for a few years short of 40 years now. Will we have to sacrifice any of them?
Frons: Of course not. We're just going to cut One Life to a half-hour and put it on right before AMC. They're sister shows, so it'll work. We've deemed the AMC-followed-by-OLTL block to be a disaster anyway.

Q: Surrrrrrre. So, what are we going to be seeing on this new Love of Life? Will it be a remake, or a return to the series?
Frons: We thought about the idea of doing a return to it, to pick things up, but...well, with the actress playing the leading character - whose name I'm forgetting right now - well, she's dead. So we couldn't do that. So we decided to do a total remake. The story of two sisters, one good, one bad! One blonde, one brunette! One hot like a supermodel, the other one hot like the sexy, naughty librarian.

Frons: My pleasure. You see, we wanted to update this series and bring it into 2007. We researched all of its history and I assure you, I know everything about this show, inside and out. So we started by changing things up a bit with the two sisters. To begin with, we decided to set the show in college. The two sisters are collegians. Vanessa, the bad one, is going to be the party girl of the two. She's gonna be the one doing the body shots off the coffee table and flashing the neighbors and such. Meg, the good girl, is gonna be so taken aback by her sister's actions. But we'll soon learn the truth behind that.

Frons: Well, I'll give you a tiny morsel to work on. It's the smallest possible hint I'm allowed to give you, so get your thinking cap working! The truth is, Meg has a big old lesbian crush on her sexy sister and she's so jealous of all of the men that Vanessa sleeps with! So she's going to try to pose a boy to get into Vanessa's panties! Which, I should add, Vanessa rarely wears those.

Frons: Oh, but there's more. It's going to be a really touching storyline. We plan to be socially conscious with this show, so expect us to tackle hard-hitting those types of hard-hitting issues. Our viewers have gotten used to the ABC Daytime brand that I've created and they like it. They want more of it. So I'm merely bringing home the bacon!

Q: Of course. Now, leave us with a closing word. Give us three words to describe what this Love of Life is going to be all about.

After the interview, Mr. Frons ordered an 8-piece bucket and a mashed potato bowl and assured me that he was going to do "Love of Life" right.

AllMyShadows, you had me until Frons talked about Vanessa doing body shots off the coffee table! :lol:

I've always been interested in what Love of Life was about -- based on reading a couple of SOD recaps from the mid 1970s. In a weird way, I wouldn't mind if they revived it with two new Vannessas and Megs... but kept it deliberately Old School. It seemed to have a slightly Peyton Place feel about it.

Cat
Member Avatar

Frons fired; Agnes Nixon promoted Head of ABC Daytime

Nixon: " I want each ABC soap to regain its heart, soul and singular voice again."

Claire Labine returns to General Hospital; Patrick Mulcahey co-HW.

Labine: "We plan to utilize the entire canvas, mix up the vets with the younger characters."

New extended hospital set built! Penthouse Greyskull knocked down!

Nixon regains Consulting Executive Producer credit at AMC; Hand-picks AMC head writer.

Bobbie Eakes: "They fired me an' mah poor baby-doll! How could they do somethin' so heartless?"

Eden Riegel back! With Lena in tow. "Olga Sosnovska is returning!"

Julia Barr rehired! David Canary: "I'm THRILLED!"

Carlivati: "I have BIG plans for Nora, Lindsay and Viki!"

PLUS! Tuc Watkins returns! "I intend to woo Viki!" Could Renee Elise Goldsberry follow?

Timothy J. Strickney gets contract!

Michael Easton retires -- to join Passions writing team! "Jim Reilly wants the show to embrace its Irish roots!"

Frons: "Cinemax have offered me a job promoting their late-night content, so, yeah. Fuck you, ABC!" :flipoff:

Cat
Member Avatar

By the way, King... remember this Press Release from SON way back in the day?

Quote:

Reilly No Longer 'King';
SON Sets on Co-Creator's Tenure on Fledgling Soap

July 8, 2005 (SoapOperaNetwork.com) After dramatically quitting the Daytime soap he co-created, King Reilly has shed light on the reasons behind his departure, sensationally referring to one of his co-Head Writers, FanSoap, as a "fucking slavedriver."

King Reilly shot to fame along with FanSoap and third co-creator, Chad, when they launched their Daytime soap opera 'As the SON Sets' to much critical acclaim and steadily growing viewership. Although ratings have yet to approach those of well-established soap behomeths like 'The Young & The Restless' and 'As The World Turns,' the consensus is that ATSS is already a definite cult hit.

Interestingly, executives at CBS's 'As the World Turns' have recinded plans to sue ATSS over its similar-sounding show title. Head of CBS Daytime, Barbara Bloom, had threatened to take the creators of ATSS to court over copyright issues in conjunction with the shared use of the words "As" and "The".

At this time, it is not known what King Reilly's plans are, although there are rumors he will be taking over the reins at 'Guiding Light.' Reilly has once or twice mused on what he would do if ever given the chance to "re-mould" Daytime's longest-lasting sudster: "I would kill off that Edmund prick and focus the show on Cassie & Jeffrey, five days a week. I believe the fans are crying out for much more O'Neill."

Meanwhile, over at 'As the SON Sets,' any uncertainty among cast, crew and writing teams alike have been laid to rest with the announcement that Robert Guza, Jr. - multiple Emmy-winning co-Head Writer of 'General Hospital' - will join the writing team. It is as yet unknown whether Mr. Guza will become co-writer alongside FanSoap and Chad or whether his arrival constitutes a takeover of full Head Writing duties. It is believed he has also asked for a Consulting Producer credit at the show.

Already some of the cast of ATSS have expressed outright pleasure at Robert Guza's ascension to the Head Writer's chair. "I am positively thrilled!" gushed Hartless, who plays amnesiac Desperate Housewife Hartless Chadson on the show. "Bobby Guza has a wonderful track record of writing poignant and beautiful stories for women. I look forward to scenes where I can parade around in lingerie, simulate oral sex on the show's star, General Mobspital, shield my face from smashing barware and get constantly shot at. Hopefully, a stray bullet in my character's 'sex brain' will restore her memories!"

Guza, 35, (and yes, that IS his natural hair) is quoted as saying: "I am going to restore this show's Heart & Soul! And right now, that heart is General Mobspital. All he needs is a gun in his hand, a polyester track suit and a flash of those dimples, and our audience will understand what I mean." Guza also indicated that Ridge - last seen on screen pulling the plug on Hartless Chadson's life support system - would be the perfect hitman "hero - with a SOUL."

Hetairai
Member Avatar

Quote:

Michael Easton retires -- to join Passions writing team! "Jim Reilly wants the show to embrace its Irish roots!"

*dead*

AllMyShadows

Cat
Jul 2 2007, 10:14 AM
AllMyShadows
Jul 2 2007, 12:36 AM

AllMyShadows, you had me until Frons talked about Vanessa doing body shots off the coffee table! :lol:

I've always been interested in what Love of Life was about -- based on reading a couple of SOD recaps from the mid 1970s. In a weird way, I wouldn't mind if they revived it with two new Vannessas and Megs... but kept it deliberately Old School. It seemed to have a slightly Peyton Place feel about it.

I definitely agree with you as far as truly, seriously bringing the show back. LOL would be such an easy show to camp up. It wouldn't be dead-set, by-the-book remake, but it'd have all of the major themes and ideas of the original series.

And, just to make it clear to anybody who might think that old Fronzie knew he was talking about in that interview, I deliberately had him say some false things just to show that he has no clue what he's doing. LOL was *not* created by Irna, nor did it last 35 years, nor was it ever on radio, and Vanessa was totally the good sister and Meg, the bad sister.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Cat
Jul 2 2007, 10:53 AM
By the way, King... remember this Press Release from SON way back in the day?

Quote:

Reilly No Longer 'King';
SON Sets on Co-Creator's Tenure on Fledgling Soap

July 8, 2005 (SoapOperaNetwork.com) After dramatically quitting the Daytime soap he co-created, King Reilly has shed light on the reasons behind his departure, sensationally referring to one of his co-Head Writers, FanSoap, as a "fucking slavedriver."

King Reilly shot to fame along with FanSoap and third co-creator, Chad, when they launched their Daytime soap opera 'As the SON Sets' to much critical acclaim and steadily growing viewership. Although ratings have yet to approach those of well-established soap behomeths like 'The Young & The Restless' and 'As The World Turns,' the consensus is that ATSS is already a definite cult hit.

Interestingly, executives at CBS's 'As the World Turns' have recinded plans to sue ATSS over its similar-sounding show title. Head of CBS Daytime, Barbara Bloom, had threatened to take the creators of ATSS to court over copyright issues in conjunction with the shared use of the words "As" and "The".

At this time, it is not known what King Reilly's plans are, although there are rumors he will be taking over the reins at 'Guiding Light.' Reilly has once or twice mused on what he would do if ever given the chance to "re-mould" Daytime's longest-lasting sudster: "I would kill off that Edmund prick and focus the show on Cassie & Jeffrey, five days a week. I believe the fans are crying out for much more O'Neill."

Meanwhile, over at 'As the SON Sets,' any uncertainty among cast, crew and writing teams alike have been laid to rest with the announcement that Robert Guza, Jr. - multiple Emmy-winning co-Head Writer of 'General Hospital' - will join the writing team. It is as yet unknown whether Mr. Guza will become co-writer alongside FanSoap and Chad or whether his arrival constitutes a takeover of full Head Writing duties. It is believed he has also asked for a Consulting Producer credit at the show.

Already some of the cast of ATSS have expressed outright pleasure at Robert Guza's ascension to the Head Writer's chair. "I am positively thrilled!" gushed Hartless, who plays amnesiac Desperate Housewife Hartless Chadson on the show. "Bobby Guza has a wonderful track record of writing poignant and beautiful stories for women. I look forward to scenes where I can parade around in lingerie, simulate oral sex on the show's star, General Mobspital, shield my face from smashing barware and get constantly shot at. Hopefully, a stray bullet in my character's 'sex brain' will restore her memories!"

Guza, 35, (and yes, that IS his natural hair) is quoted as saying: "I am going to restore this show's Heart & Soul! And right now, that heart is General Mobspital. All he needs is a gun in his hand, a polyester track suit and a flash of those dimples, and our audience will understand what I mean." Guza also indicated that Ridge - last seen on screen pulling the plug on Hartless Chadson's life support system - would be the perfect hitman "hero - with a SOUL."

Tear. I miss Chad and Hartless. :(

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Deryck To Avril: Hey Hey..Get Yourself Another Boyfriend Husband.

Just as Avril Lavine's legal troubles begin to heat up, Deryck Whibley, her husband of almost one year have separated.

Deryck Whibley of SUM 41 fame was seen moving out of their L.A. mansion early Sunday morning - just two weeks shy of their first wedding anniversary. It is rumoured that Deryck got wind of legal troubles that Avril was about to face, and feared that his and his band's reputation would be at stake.

This is not the first time that Deryck has moved out, BlabberMouth Magazine has learned. Deryck was previously kicked out by Avril after for unspecified reasons late last year.

Meanwhile, Avril is being sued by Tommy Dunbar who is the finding member of the lost and unknown group of The Rubinoos. The band is claiming that their song of "I Want To Be Your Boyfriend" bears striking resemblance to her song of "Girlfriend." Avril's. This is not the first time such a claim has been made, earlier this week, Chantal Kreviazuk spoke candidly with another magazine, and shared how her song of "Contagious" appeared on Avril's latest CD. However, this comes to a shock to most fans as Chantal colloborarated with Raine Maida on Avril's sophmore CD of "Underneath My Skin".

We were not able to talk to Avril herself on these issues, however Avril's representative, was quoted in saying, "Avril has most certainly done no wrong, she wrote the songs on her own. Just because they sound alike, and have the same title, does not mean they are the same."

As for the spilt between Avril and Deryck, it is unknown at this time if it will be permanent. or just temporary. Only time will tell what will happen next.

(TY to Navell for getting some info ;))

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply