Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FANTASY PRESS RELEASES!; we haven't done this yet. :)
Topic Started: Jun 28 2007, 12:16 AM (1,455 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

you're welcome, Ally!
LOL That does sound believeable, you know. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllMyShadows

Yeah, it was believable for me to actually do a quick search to see if any of that was true lol

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

OK, I think it's time we revive this thread. LOL!

Y&R: Latham out! Shaughnessy, Jones and Labine In!

In a shocking move, Lynn Marie Latham has been let go from her position as head writer and executive producer on the #1 rated daytime drama, The Young & The Restless. CBS head of daytime, Barbara Bloom, said in a statement, "We thank Ms. Latham for all her hard work and dedication to Y&R and wish her well on her future endevors." A similar statement was echoed by Sony's head of soap operas, Steven Kent. Latham has been known as a controversial figure amount Y&R diehards. In her time with the show, Y&R shifted from realistic character-driven stories, to outlandish plot centered extravaganzas.

DR insiders have exclusively learnt that replacements have already been made for Y&R's head writer and executive producer positions. Former Y&R writer, Trent Jones, has been tapped to become the show's new head writer. Joining him will be long-time friend, Claire Labine, along with her children Mathew and Eleanor. Soap opera historians should note that Trent Jones was once an actor on Labine's golden soap opera creation, Ryan's Hope. He later became a writer on the show and late wrote for Guiding Light, Search For Tomorrow, As The World Turns, and of course, The Young & The Restless. In a joint statement to DR news, Jones and Labine said, "We are honored to be working on Y&R, we hope to return the show to a more classic character-driven format." Y&R fans should also expect many other former Y&R writers like Jim Houghton, Janice Ferri Esser, Jerry Birn, and others back as well. As for the soap's executive prodcuer position, former Y&R EP, David Shaughnessy, has been tapped to come back to the show in that capacity.

jcar03
Member Avatar

DAYS: Corday steps down As Exec Producer; Scott takes over as Sole Executive Producer.

In a shocking move Ken Corday has stepped down from his post as Executive Producer of DAYS and Ed Scott who joined the show in August as Co-Executive Producer will run the show by himself.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 6 2007, 09:03 PM
DAYS: Corday steps down As Exec Producer; Scott takes over as Sole Executive Producer.

In a shocking move Ken Corday has stepped down from his post as Executive Producer of DAYS and Ed Scott who joined the show in August as Co-Executive Producer will run the show by himself.

Who do I make the check out to in order to make this happen, LOL

jcar03
Member Avatar

^ Sony or NBC! Or we start a foundation called "Please Remove Corday Now"

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Daytime Execs Admit "We made mistakes."

In a recent meeting organized by the heads of daytime TV for the three networks to see why daytime dramas are dying, all the current executives behind the remaining eight daytime dramas have finally admitted they have made many mistakes in the way they are running daytime TV and all have officially resigned.

"We are totally ashamed that we have ignored what fans wanted and operated the shows based on what we wanted. We are very sorry that we have sent the message that we are only interested in hot bodies and the young viewer. I am just hopeful that we have not done too damage to the genre that the new executives cannot save it." said one executive who refused to let us release his name.

CBS, NBC, and ABC will all annouce new heads of daytime TV soon. Until that time all sets will remain dark to save the shows any further damage by the incompetent bastards.

We know out there in America that all the soap fans are breathing a sigh of relief at this news.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

NBC extends DAYS contract to 2029

BURBANK, Calif. - October 8, 2007 - Long-running daytime drama "Days of our Lives" is here to stay on NBC after the network canceled plans to add a fifth hour to its non-news news program "Today" and instead entered into a contract that will keep the soap on the air for the next 20 years. "I am so glad I am not going to lose my job and it's kind of cool for fans of the show, too, I guess," said Annamarie Kostura, Vice President, Daytime Programming, NBC Entertainment.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Oct 7 2007, 01:19 AM
NBC extends DAYS contract to 2029

BURBANK, Calif. - October 8, 2007 - Long-running daytime drama "Days of our Lives" is here to stay on NBC after the network canceled plans to add a fifth hour to its non-news news program "Today" and instead entered into a contract that will keep the soap on the air for the next 20 years. "I am so glad I am not going to lose my job and it's kind of cool for fans of the show, too, I guess," said Annamarie Kostura, Vice President, Daytime Programming, NBC Entertainment.

OMG, I LOVE Kostura's reaction!

WHAT a bitch!!! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Supernatural sudser gets second life on Peacock network
"We made a mistake," says NBC CEO; hints of a third soap opera

By Mark Johnson

(AP) NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker seems to have made an about face on the Peacock network's stance toward soap operas. He announced today that "Passions," a soap the network canceled in the spring, will return to NBC.

Zucker said the sudser, which has aired original episodes on DirecTV since Sept. 17, will air weekdays at 2 p.m./1 central beginning Sept. 22, 2008. The network has decided not to renew a fourth hour of the "Today" show to accommodate the change.

"We made a mistake," Zucker said of expanding "Today" to four hours a move that had cost "Passions" its time slot, and according to some critics, cost "Today" its novelty.

"NBC had a good thing with 'Today' and it's understandable that they'd want to build on that," said Matt Roush of TV Guide. "But you know what they say about having too much of a good thing."

Overall ratings for "Today" have eroded 53 percent since the fourth hour premiered on Sept. 10, according to Nielsen Media Research.

"It's good to be informed, but there's a channel for 24-hour news," said Bruce Bibby known as Ted Casablanca of E! Online.

"Let's face it, people are sick of news in its purest sense that's clear by the major news divisions' focus on Paris (Hilton) and Lindsay (Lohan) and not the war in Iraq and thanks to NBC's tempting the gods, they're now sick of 'Today,' " Bibby said.

Zucker made the announcement during a breakfast with critics to tout the network's upcoming holiday specials. He was mum about details of "Passions"' contract, but said fourth-hour "Today" co-anchors will be in a holding pattern until what he called "a waste of precious airtime" will cease production on Sept. 19, 2008.

"Let's face it, they're lame ducks," Zucker said of co-anchors Ann Curry, Natalie Morales and Hoda Kotb. "But you know what they say: ' Fools rush in,' and that's what we did with this 'Today' deal. We anticipate the return of 'Passions,' which, coupled with our flagship daytime drama 'Days of Our Lives,' will bring in the right demos something the third and fourth hours of 'Today' certainly aren't going to do."

The third and fourth hours of "Today" currently carry a .5 and .4 rating, respectively, according to Nielsen Media Research. "Passions" on NBC averaged a 2.0 rating. "Days of Our Lives," which had a decline in viewers earlier this year, still has averaged a 2.0 Nielsen rating.

Curry, as news anchor, will remain with the "Today" show during its first hour, according to Zucker. Morales and Kotb will serve as correspondents.

Zucker's announcement suggests NBC has taken a different view toward daytime soap operas. Earlier this year at a press conference the CEO said he doubted the network would renew "Days of Our Lives" past 2009. The network later canceled "Passions."

But the future of daytime drama seems more certain, especially with the hint that the network may add a third soap.

"You know, TV's a funny business," Zucker said at the breakfast. "'Coastal Dreams,' this two-minute Internet soap that we produced to throw a bone to viewers who were ticked that we canceled 'Passions,' outperforms the third hour of 'Today,' "

"Coastal Dreams," a Web-based, ad-supported drama, has received about 3 million unique hits per episode, according to Nielsen Net Ratings.

"NBC plans to look into how we can capitalize on this show," Zucker said. "Clearly people are watching soaps.

"Who knew?"

Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

^ Damn! I want that to be true

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Me too, especially the disrespectful comments about the "Today" show after IT falls from grace (just to point out how much of an ass Zucker is, NO-MATTER-WHAT.)

But I'm hoping the tide turns. I mean, what goes up must come down. That's just Murphy's Law. But that doesn't mean it can't go up again. "Today" will lose its shine sooner or later. I have to believe that. And SOMETHING is going to kick the nets in the pants with the revelation that soaps are still desirable.
Quote Post Goto Top

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

this just in : JUNIORZ1 goes on a cruise with the entire Santa Barbara ensemble, even the late-comers

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply