Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Just saw a 'Days' promo..; *clip added*
Topic Started: Jul 4 2007, 01:35 PM (1,408 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Grandpa Shawn said he killed his sister! :o

Here is the clip:

http://iw.rtm.com/daytimefeud/default.asp
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

AHH! The drama begins! :D

King
Member Avatar

UGH! I Have always hated Shawn, but now I REALLY HATE SHAWN!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Jul 4 2007, 01:42 PM
UGH! I Have always hated Shawn, but now I REALLY HATE SHAWN!

lol ditto. I will keep saying they need to raise the stakes on this storyline and kill off Shawn Sr.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

July 4 -
From the new NBC promo

The announcer says the forbidden affair between a Brady and a DiMera ended in tragedy.

We see a flashback of Colleen (Sami) and Santo (EJ) in a church. Colleen is a nun!

Shawn walks into the same church, there is a plaque on the wall that reads "Sister Colleen Brady: She gave her life to God and now she sings with the angels."

Shawn kneels and prays in the church, saying he came for her, to tell her how sorry he is.

Bo and Hope walk in and find him. Shawn says he killed his own sister!

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/storyspoil.html

King
Member Avatar

I think that would be a GREAT conclusion.

Hogan knows how to write for most characters VERY well, but he doesn't know how to write for Stefano. Why is Tony, er "Tony," acting more like Stefano than Stefano? Because Steffy is dying? That's stupid. He should be more evil now than ever! If he knows he is dying, he should be pedal to the floor evil! I'd love to see Steffy kill Shawn Sr.!!

King
Member Avatar

OMG!

It sounds so...dramatic! Exciting. :)

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree King but I like Stefano ten times more. He's much more sympathetic yet you know not to screw with him. I love it when he's just evil yet fun to watch, but I like Hogan's take on him. I do wish he had a BIT more edge.

And we all know "Tony" will be Andre, so ... lol.

I bet Andre's been slowly killing Stefano all of these years.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like the way Hogan writes Stefano and the past way he was written so it doesn't matter to me, really.

This looks so good. I have a feeling Colleen got caught in the crossfire or in a fight. I can't see Shawn Sr just killing her. He said "kill" and not "murder" but we'll see.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

OMG!!!!

I actually began to believe that neither the Dimera's or Brady's were responsible for Colleen's death. :o this is gonna be sooo good!!

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, wow! Shawn killed Colleen? :o

Awesome! Can't wait where this goes...

I still hope grandpa Shawn dies... lol

Cat
Member Avatar

I always felt that Granpa Shawn was kinda shifty. That whole "Jesus, Mary & Joseph! Fancy a pint of Guinness, while I play the fiddle and Riverdance my way around the Brady Pub?" routine rang false. He always seemed to be hiding something whenever the DiMera/Brady wars were mentioned. LOL! NOW we know!

I figured a Brady was behind this. Hogan doesn't seem like the kind of writer who would do the usual Brady's = All Good, DiMeras = All Bad scenario. :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Wishing death upon the old man... how wonderful! :lol:

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jul 5 2007, 07:04 PM
Wishing death upon the old man... how wonderful! :lol:

He's really annoying! :lol: And I think that would be good for the story... :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

In that sense, a lot of people should've died. :lol:

King
Member Avatar

First thing I did on my blog when I took it over? Kill Patrick.

The second thing I did? Kill Shawn Sr.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The dramatic implications of killing Shawn Sr in this story are huge. I think this is the best time for Days to do it. It would add dramatic punch and huge impact to this story. It would truly make it memorable.

Plus, it frees up Caroline for a potential story with Victor, if they choose to go there again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm a JER soaps fan, but this could mean anything.

It COULD be a red herring. Perhaps he disapproved of Colleen and Santo's relationship and his freezing her out of his life, along with the other Bradys doing the same thing, made her die of a broken heart. Hence, why he'd say (or believe in his heart) that he "killed" her. He killed her spirit, and that was what made her take her last breath.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

King
Jul 4 2007, 02:13 PM
I think that would be a GREAT conclusion.

Hogan knows how to write for most characters VERY well, but he doesn't know how to write for Stefano. Why is Tony, er "Tony," acting more like Stefano than Stefano? Because Steffy is dying? That's stupid. He should be more evil now than ever! If he knows he is dying, he should be pedal to the floor evil! I'd love to see Steffy kill Shawn Sr.!!

Mike,

I believe it is just Hogan's style which is not seen just in his writing but the way he talks too.

Hogan sees older people as weak and as having no strength. So he writes them that way.

Here in the town where we live we have a 77 year old man who is still a cop and he outdoes all the younger cops on physicals every year and just went to get recertified at the Police Academy and did better than many of them there. He still plays on a men's softball team and is still first string.

I know that not all 77 years old are that strong, but the majority of 70 year old and older men and women are not ready for the nursing home either.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

King
Jul 6 2007, 03:57 AM
First thing I did on my blog when I took it over? Kill Patrick.

The second thing I did? Kill Shawn Sr.

Would love to see Abe added to that list :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply