Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: News, Scoops & Tidbits
Topic Started: Jul 25 2007, 11:36 AM (197 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

http://members.shaw.ca/almosthuman73/allmy.html

Alexa Havens (Babe) has opted not to re-sign with the soap

"All My Children" is losing Justin Bruening (Jamie) and Kelli Giddish (Di)

Three casting calls have gone out: one is for Walter, a man in his late 40s who teaches American Sign Language and will help Spike; another is for Dre, an African American in a hip-hop group; and the third is for Ritchie, a hunk said to be Annie’s brother and a love interest for Babe.

Kelly Ripa: I Still Have a Crush on My Husband: After 11 years and three children, Kelly Ripa still views her marriage to Mark Consuelos as daisy fresh. "I've had a crush on my husband since the day I met him," the Live with Regis and Kelly star, 36, tells Redbook for its August issue. She also says that when she first encountered Consuelos, who hosts the NBC reality show Age of Love and will star in an upcoming Oxygen TV movie, Husband for Hire, it was as if she'd been struck by a thunderbolt. "I had a dream about him that night," she recalls. "The next day I went up to him, and although I didn't even know his name, I said, 'I had had a dream about you last night.'" In the dream, which she revealed to him, they were already wed, were the parents of a small daughter and were flying to Rome. Ripa jokes that she's surprised he didn't consider taking out a restraining order against her. For his part, Consuelos, 36, tells the magazine that when he first met Ripa, "She pretty much fulfilled all of my requirements and then some." Despite her happiness with the way things turned out – the couple's children are Michael, 10; Loa, 6; and Joaquin, 4 – Ripa admits, "We argue, but we know how to compromise." Neither ever wins his or her fight, she says, explaining, "It's not like one of us is living the other's lifestyle – we're living our lifestyle."

Headwriters Barbara Esensten and James Harmon tell Soap Opera Digest not to expect the “vampires or murder mysteries” they’ve become famous for over the years. What we can look forward to is veterans returning to the forefront, romance, and comedy

I WANNA BE A SOAP STAR LIVE!: SOAPnet AND DISH NETWORK® PRESENT "I WANNA BE A SOAP STAR LIVE!" MULTI-CITY TOUR HITS THE ROAD THIS AUGUST

Winners From Each Market Will Vie For A Walk-On Role On Days of our Lives And For A Trip To Los Angeles To Attend The Live Season Finale Of I Wanna Be A Soap Star

Tour Supports Premiere of Season Four of SOAPnet's Hit Reality Series, I Wanna Be A Soap Star

SOAPnet and DISH Network® will hit the road in August with a multi-city promotional tour, "I Wanna Be A Soap Star Live!" SOAPnet and DISH Network will invite soap star wanna-bes in six markets to a special live event where they can compete for a chance to win a walk-on role on NBC's Days of our Lives, along with other prizes including signed autographs, professional headshots, makeovers and a trip to Los Angeles to attend the live season finale of I Wanna Be A Soap Star.

"I Wanna Be A Soap Star Live!" tour dates are as follows:

Dallas, TX on 8/4 at Gilley's from 10am-2pm CT with General Hospital's Greg Vaughan (Lucky Spencer)

San Antonio, TX on 8/5 at Sunset Pier from 12pm-4pm CT with One Life to Live's Kamar de los Reyes (Antonio Vega)

Chicago, IL on 8/11 at Navy Pier from10am-2pm CT

Lexington, KY on 8/12 at Triangle Park from 12pm-4pm CT with Soap Star host and All My Children star Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery)

Atlanta, GA on 8/18 at Atlantic Station from 10am-2pm ET

Tallahassee, FL on 8/19 from 12pm-4pm ET

At each tour stop, fans will learn everything they need to know about a being soap star from some of today's hottest daytime actors.

Activities in each city include: Talent Search: Tour "casting directors" will select potential actors from the audience to act out scenes from audition scripts on stage and perform for soap actors and local celebrities. One winner will be selected from each city and taken to Los Angeles to compete for the walk-on-role prize.

An additional trip to Los Angeles to attend the live finale of I Wanna Be A Soap Star and to have lunch with talent manager Michael Bruno will be open only to DISH Network customers. Auditions for the trip will be held at a special DISH booth in each market, where DISH customers perform scenes on camera.

Celebrity Guest and Autograph Signings: Fans get to meet and interact with stars from All My Children, Days of our Lives, The Young and the Restless, One Life To Live, or General Hospital.

Makeovers and Headshots: Fans will get soap star makeovers provided by Maybelline New York and have their inner-soap-diva captured on film.

Greenscreen: Participants will be able to capture themselves in a real soap scene.

Soap Psychic: She'll know who the winner is, but she's not saying.

Who: Walt Willey (Jack)
What: "Spend The Night With Walt Willey"
When: Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Boulton Center, 37 West Main Street, Bayshore, NY
How: Please call (631) 969-1101 for ticket information

Tuesday, July 17-Friday, July 20 and Monday, July 23- Wanna see your favorite Daytime stars line-dancing with over 1,000 fans? Then, be sure to catch the highlights from the "Fun In the Sun" event from the CMA Music Fest in Nashville, TN!

The Fusion Girls Say "Green is Always IN" on All My Children: Now you can buy the T-shirt

On Monday, July 9th, ABC Daytime and All My Children will launch it's first in a line of All My Children Fusion Green Products with an environmentally-friendly All My Children Fusion Green t-shirt. The t-shirt, printed with the saying "Green is Always IN" will be available for purchase on abc.com for $24.95. The t-shirt is a 100% cotton organic tee from American Apparel and the printing will be eco-friendly using only water-based non-toxic inks.

In story (on July 16th), the women of Fusion plan on launching a completely eco-friendly beauty product line called Fusion Green. Before traveling to NYC to introduce the line to the cosmetics community, the staffers gather for a sleepover and all wear the t-shirt in celebration and support of the company's next endeavor.

Duhamel blasts Hollywood elite's soap snobbery: Josh Duhamel has hit out at the stigma attached to soap actors who make it big in Hollywood, admitting such snobby discrimination irritates him. Duhamel, who found fame in U.S. TV show All My Children, is proud of his soap opera heritage and likes to remind people that revered actors like Oscar winner Alec Baldwin started their careers in American soaps. Duhamel says, "It ticks me off because there are a lot of really good actors who have come from soaps and have done really well. "Alec Baldwin was on a soap for two years."

Eden Riegel is reprising her role as Bianca Montgomery for one day on Tuesday, August 14. Watch for Bianca to make an important long-distance call Kendall

Darnell Williams, (Griggs, GUIDING LIGHT; ex-Jesse, AMC) appears in Spalding Gray: Stories Left To Tell. The play is scheduled to run from now through Wednesday, June 27, at the Minetta Lane Theater in New York, NY. Tickets are between $35 - $110. Visit www.ticketmaster.com or call 212-307-4100.

"ABC Reveals... SOAPnet's Sizzling Summer Secrets" is a star-studded preview special that will give fans the inside scoop on all of their favorite ABC shows, including "All My Children," "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital," and on SOAPnet's new originals premiering this summer, including "General Hospital: Night Shift," "The Fashionista Diaries" and "I Wanna Be a Soap Star 4." The special will air on the ABC Television Network on Friday, June 29 in "The View's" time slot (11:00 a.m., ET/10:00 a.m., PT) and on SOAPnet at midnight. LMNO (Leave My Name Off) Productions will produce the special.

ABC stars including "All My Children's" Cameron Mathison and Sabine Singh, "One Life to Live's" Kristen Alderson, Kassie DePaiva and Trevor St. John, and "General Hospital's" Julie Berman and Laura Wright will host segments in the special about each of their respective shows that will provide recaps and reveal never-before-seen footage for an exclusive preview of what is ahead this summer on ABC Daytime.

On ABC Daytime, viewers will be privy to some exciting plot twists and will get the answer to the following questions:

"All My Children" -- Who in Pine Valley drives off a cliff and endangers a life?

"One Life to Live" -- Someone else finds out that Baby Tommy is Todd's son. Will that person reveal the truth to Todd?

"General Hospital" -- Which one of your favorites from Port Charles was directly involved in baby Jake's kidnapping?

"Night Shift's" Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson, "General Hospital's" Rebecca Herbst and "I Wanna Be a Soap Star's" Cameron Mathison will introduce original programs airing on SOAPnet this summer:

Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson will introduce viewers to the night shift at General Hospital. SOAPnet's new 13-episode series, "General Hospital: Night Shift," goes beyond what is seen in daytime to reveal more about the lives and loves of "General Hospital's" favorite characters during the hospital's night shift. McCullough and Thompson will also reveal new faces and complications that arise in Port Charles. The series will premiere on Thursday, July 12 at 11:00 p.m. on SOAPnet.

The glamorous, highly competitive world of fashion and beauty take center stage in SOAPnet's new docusoap, "The Fashionista Diaries." "General Hospital's" Rebecca Herbst, a true fashionista herself, will introduce the two new assistants and each of their new companies, Flirt Cosmetics, Jane Magazine and Seventh House PR. The companies and assistants are intertwined as they struggle to make it in the big city at exciting jobs with sky-high rent, long hours and a hectic social that blurs the lines between work and play. A priority project will take place in each episode that naturally pits the assistants against each other or pulls them together, as they struggle to impress their bosses and not get fired. The series will premiere on Wednesday, August 1 at 9:00 p.m. on SOAPnet.

Series host Cameron Mathison will walk viewers through the challenges -- including kissing, love scenes and fighting -- that the 10 contestants of "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" will face in the fourth season to win a 13-week contract role on NBC's "Days of Our Lives." For the first time America will have a voice in selecting the winner before the series' first-ever live season finale. The "wanna-be" standout who makes the cut will head off to the fictional town of Salem and join the Bradys and the Hortons.

"I Wanna Be a Soap Star" premieres on Tuesday, August 14 at 8:00 p.m. on SOAPnet.

Susan Pratt (Barbara) and Taylor Gildersleeve (Sydney) are out

Stars: Cameron Mathison (Ryan)
What: Appearance at Lexington Legends baseball game
When: Saturday, June 23, 7:05 p.m.
Where: Applebee's Park, 207 Legends Lane, Lexington, KY
How: Game tickets are $4-$20. For more information, call (859) 422-7867 or Visit www.lexingtonlegends.com

Stars: Jeff Branson (Jonathan) will host and various AMC stars will appear.
What: Benefit for the Gabriel Project
When: Saturday, June 30, 2007, 5-8 p.m.
Where: Prohibition Restaurant and Bar, New York, NY
How: Tickets are $25. For more information, email Leang319@aol.com or visit www.thegabrielproject.com

ALL MY CHILDREN's Eden Riegel will appear in the play Regrets Only that is being showcased at The Cape Playhouse as part of its 81st anniversary season celebration. Regrets Only is a boulevard comedy with a contemporary twist and takes a look into the world of romance, marriage and friendship. For more information, call (877) 385-3911 or 508-385-3911, or visit www.capeplayhouse.com for tickets.

Sydney Penny (Julia) iss now on maternity leave

If you've been missing Rebecca Budig (ex-Greenlee, AMC/ex-Michelle, GL), then here's your chance to get more of her! The actress is set to appear in the movie The Perfect Child airing on Lifetime TV, on Monday, August 6, from 9 to 11 p.m. EST.

John James has been taken off contract, but will still recur as Jeff Martin

Krystal and Babe's new bar "Comeback" crumbles around them

Cady McClain is returning to As The World Turns as Roseanna. Her first tape date is June 18. No air date has been set yet.

Circles of Love: ABC Daytime will premiere a stunning new piece of jewelry this spring in partnership with Sears, it's been announced by Brian Frons, president, Daytime, Disney-ABC Television Group. The debut piece, the "Circles of Love" necklace sold exclusively at Sears and Sears.com, will be showcased on "General Hospital," "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" from April 26 to May 24.

An integral part of featured storylines, the "Circles of Love" necklace will be prominently featured in the romantic lives of key couples on each of the popular Daytime dramas:

* "General Hospital" -- Lucky (Greg Vaughn) will continue to express his undying love for Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst), surprising her with an exquisite necklace to wear with her sleek dress to Jax and Carly's wedding (April 26-27, 30).

* "One Life to Live" -- Some secrets may remain hidden, but not Michael's (Nathaniel Marston) unconditional love and support for Marcie. On Mother's Day he will give her a beautiful necklace to express his gratitude for being such a wonderful mother to Tommy (May 3-11).

* "All My Children" -- After enduring much struggle and despair in finding baby Jenny, Tad (Michael E. Knight) will give Krystal (Bobbie Eakes) a necklace on May 16 to honor her motherhood, a symbol of peace between the couple. Krystal will continue to wear the necklace May 23-24 as a reminder to remain strong during hardship.

Viewers will be able to purchase the "Circles of Love" necklace at Sears, now in stores, at a retail price of $89.98. The merchandise will also be supported through on-air promotional spots during the programs, as well as through targeted e-commerce programs on ABC.com.

Eden Riegel (ex-Bianca) announced she’s engaged to Andrew Miller, Cameron Mathison’s (Ryan) high school friend.

A major female may leave when her contract expires in the fall

Cameron Mathison (Ryan, All My Children) joins Style's Instant Beauty Pageant as Debbie Matenopoulos' new co-host in Season Two. Look for his Pageant debut in late March.

Destination Caribbean!: Get ready for some sun and fun when ALL MY CHILDREN's Cameron Mathison (Ryan) hosts the first annual Caribbean soap cruise! Fans have a chance to go on a "Luxurious 4 day cruise with 10 of the industry's top stars!" Grab your closest friends and sail around the Atlantic to a few exciting coastal towns, spending time with gorgeous actors and actresses from your favorite daytime dramas. Meet AMC's Alicia Minshew (Kendall), THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL's Winsor Harmon (Thorne), and Ronn Moss (Ridge), GENERAL HOSPITAL's Tyler Christopher(Nikolas), THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS' Don Diamont (Brad), and Christian LeBlanc (Michael), AS THE WORLD TURNS' Austin Peck (Brad) and more! Visit www.SoapCruise.com for more information.

Star: Your Favorite AMC Stars
What: AMC Fan Club Party
When: Sunday, August 5, 2007, 9 am- 4pm.
Where: Marriott Marquis Hotel
1535 Broadway, NYC
How: $125-130. For more information please Carol at amcoltlfc@aol.com or head to www.amcoltlfanclubs.com.

Get Over Yourself! : How to Drop the Drama and Claim the Life You Deserve by All My CHildren's Tonya Pinkins (see the link above)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply