Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD Article; paternity spoiler
Topic Started: Jul 25 2007, 12:24 PM (930 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Father's Day comes late for Lucas this year when Nick finally reveals the real results of the paternity test.

Nick goes to Sami's apartment and Kate is there. She and Nick have a dynamic that leaves Lucas suspicious of what's going on. Kate tries to shut Nick up but Lucas smells that vibe from Kate; he knows she is hiding something. Basically, Sami and Lucas convince Nick to just ahead and say whatever he has to say. He tells them that it was wrong disgnosis on the test and Lucas is the father of both babies.

The news comes as quite a surprise to Sami, Lucas, and EJ, who is there. Obviously at first there is shock and joy, followed by a Wait a Second, how did you get get wrong suspicion. So there's intital happiness of knowing Lucas is the father then she tries to pin Nick down and get him to tell her EJ and/or Kate forced to change the results and he denies it. He doesn't come out a really say it and takes the blame and leaves. Sami jumps on that conclusion and tells Kate that she's sick of her and EJ ruining her life. So does Lucas.

EJ kind fights it for a second but Lucas is psyched because in front of his mom and EJ and Sami, now what Sami and Lucas have is bonded by their children-to-be.

Sami and Lucas don't revel in good news for long, Roman has been stabbed by Andre and is in the hospital. Sami even says to Lucas that she is so happy that he is the father but she celebrate that right now beciase she so worried about her dad.

And that doesn't seem to be the end of trouble for the newlyweds, according to head Writer Hogan Sheffer. "I always knew that ultimately we would go with Lucas, but there are still more surprises to be had with this pregnancy, " teases the scribe. "This is not necessarily the last word. But it was very important to me because Sami is going to come closer and closer, in the next couple of months, to a huge decision that she has to make regarding her marriage and her furture, and the babies are going to play a big part in that. So, this was sort of first of the first step in cementing Sami and Lucas's marriage, that everything's working for them, so that when this incredible challenge comes along, and she has to make this incredibly tough choice - which I think is going to shock everyone - that stakes are higher."

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=95359
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I look forward to seeing the truth come out. EJ is gonna be a wreck, while Lucas is gonna be quite the opposite. But, I'm most anxious to see Sami's reaction. Deep down, I still think she feels something for EJ.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

As speculated on other boards, I think the next twist is that Lucas is actually a DiMera, not a Horton.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, HELL no!!!

HOGAN!!@! WTF?!!! EJ is SO the babies' daddy! One, because EJ as a proud papa is HOT and two because SAmi and EJ -- the twosome that makes up the EJami phenomenon -- KILL the chemistry of Lami.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Mehhhhhhh. This is all coming out way too soon.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

i agree King its coming out too soon..But i'm glad Nick is stepping up and telling the truth..I'm sick of him getting blackmailed..and hopefully this will give Kate some airtime..

And Nubia i think your right..there is a spoiler with Kate meeting with Stefano coming up...i think we would get much more interesting if Lucas was a Dimera..and Kate kept it a secret to protect him...and used her affair with Bill Horton to pass him off as a Horton..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The fact that Lucas was always in Hogan's mind as the father tells me that Corday was afraid to go against the LUMI fanbase and Hogan only made EJ the father first to start the Dimera story and please EJAMI fans for a bit. I still wonder how that explains the "test" Celeste did but whatever. I am happy.

This sounds good though and I love hearing Hogan talk because, when he talks, you know he likes what he is writing. I think Lucas may turn out to be a Dimera too and that would certainly give Kate a story that is worthy. The only thing I don't like about that is that he wouldn't be a Horton anymore and we need more Horton's. Plus, I have always wanted Sami to be a Horton so she can hang her ornament. I am excited though. I still think Sami will lose one of the babies and I still think there is a chance one of the babies could be EJ's and they are keeping it under wraps.

Jonatha

It looks like it might play out like a 'Sophie's Choice' kind of scenario. As for Lucas being a Dimera, that could happen. Bryan gave a recent interview saying he wished he was a Dimera. Interesting. Thanks, Angie.

Ridge
Member Avatar

I think this is a major cop out and sadly a bad pattern on the problem of DAYS. This is *DAYS* pattern it is stuck in the same rut and it follows the same routine A L L the TIME! Days just did this with Bo and Hope and didn't they do it with Claire too?? GMAFB!! I know Lumi are in need of some support but overall this show is totally lacking REAL DRAMA that soaps NEED and that's why it is suffering.

And I want to be happy about Hogan's comments about the big stuff Sami has to choose about but nothing he has used those terms for have lived up to that so there is no reason to hold out hope for this IMO.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Okay. Think about it. What twist would force Sami into making a decision? If Lucas is a DiMera, what kind of decision would that leave Sami to make?

IMHO, I think one of the twin will face major health problems and either
1): Sami has to choose which baby to let live and which one to let go of
or
2): Sami has to use one baby's life to the save the other's life.

But thats just my opinion.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Jonatha
Jul 25 2007, 02:13 PM
It looks like it might play out like a 'Sophie's Choice' kind of scenario. As for Lucas being a Dimera, that could happen. Bryan gave a recent interview saying he wished he was a Dimera. Interesting. Thanks, Angie.

Is Sophie's Choice the one about the parents having to choose one child over another?

dawn9476

I am so happy. The babies better stay Lucas'. To have them be the babies of a rapist would be horrid story telling.

Days4Life
Unregistered

DAYS is once again going the predictable route. It's so disappointing, but I should be used to it. After thinking the babies could be EJ's or maybe one each, this is such a letdown. However, I think something is going to happen to one or both babies; that's probably the twist Hogan is talking about.
Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

You know, at first, I thought this was a bad idea, but I think I now see exactly what Hogan is doing with this. He's bringing EJ back into Sami's life as another choice, a temptation, using Colleen and Santo's romance as a device for that, with Sami getting into it, then learning about the connection to EJ, accepting the changes in EJ while Lucas is determined to scorn him. With the twins, Sami and EJ had a connection, but NOW, Sami will be tested, because without that connection, she has no real reason to be anywhere near EJ -- but she'll want to be.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

dawn9476
Jul 25 2007, 06:01 PM
I am so happy. The babies better stay Lucas'. To have them be the babies of a rapist would be horrid story telling.

ITA

And it is wonderful too since we've watched Lucas & Sami first be co-conspirators, turned enemies, turned friends, turned lovers, back to enemies, back to lovers, etc. for so many years. It is such a wonderful pay off for their history and for their great chemistry as well.

For once it is time to not let the "supposedly conformed" rapist win in soaps.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Keith
Jul 25 2007, 06:18 PM
You know, at first, I thought this was a bad idea, but I think I now see exactly what Hogan is doing with this. He's bringing EJ back into Sami's life as another choice, a temptation, using Colleen and Santo's romance as a device for that, with Sami getting into it, then learning about the connection to EJ, accepting the changes in EJ while Lucas is determined to scorn him. With the twins, Sami and EJ had a connection, but NOW, Sami will be tested, because without that connection, she has no real reason to be anywhere near EJ -- but she'll want to be.

That is a good point.

I was disappointed at first too because it was predictable and looked like another copout. However, this also has the potential to be an engrossing story and one of great drama for Lucas, Sami, and EJ. The point about Colleen and Santo is one that makes alot of sense.

I also agree with Steve in that it's a payoff for LUMI fans. I love them and I am happy after all these years they will finally be getting a fantastic payoff and great story potential to go with it.

I can see this going the route of "Sophie's Choice." I have said all along that one of the babies would die. I also have a feeling Hogan is really trying to get Ali Sweeney consideration for an emmy based on all this material he keeps giving her and this type of story could do it for her and several others. We could also have the "Lucas is a Dimera" rumors turn out true during all this too. I am excited about this now.

Jonatha

Q Steph
Jul 25 2007, 05:55 PM
Jonatha
Jul 25 2007, 02:13 PM
It looks like it might play out like a 'Sophie's Choice' kind of scenario.  As for Lucas being a Dimera, that could happen.  Bryan gave a recent interview saying he wished he was a Dimera.  Interesting.  Thanks, Angie.

Is Sophie's Choice the one about the parents having to choose one child over another?

That's right, Q Steph. In the novel "Sophie's Choice" (also the film) Sophie had to choose between which of her two children would live and which one would die. She was in a concentration camp and chose the boy to live, feeling he might have a better chance to survive the ordeal. She let her daughter go assumingly to be killed by the Nazis.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Jul 25 2007, 07:44 PM
dawn9476

ITA

And it is wonderful too since we've watched Lucas & Sami first be co-conspirators, turned enemies, turned friends, turned lovers, back to enemies, back to lovers, etc. for so many years. It is such a wonderful pay off for their history and for their great chemistry as well.

That's a way to think about it Keith. Yes, Sami's said in the past that EJ raped her, but I don't think she feels any resentment towards him. I think she is more disgusted with herself that she allowed herself to cheat on Lucas with EJ. I think she has feelings for EJ, but she doesn't want to hurt Lucas. Now that the twins are no longer EJ's, it's going to be interesting to see how Sami gets close to EJ.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SteveFrame
Jul 25 2007, 06:44 PM
dawn9476

ITA

You complain about a rapist winning on a soap with a Luke and Laura banner attached to your post? I must say the selective morality when it comes to soap opera fandom never ceases to amaze me.

But a big fat whatever to the paternity spoiler. Yeah he says the babies will be Lucas's but he definitely leaves the door open with the talk about this not being the final word. It's certainly a distinct possibility Hogan is just stringing us EJami fans along some more so he can fuck us over yet again, but if Lucas is the father of both then this is pretty much the worst who's the daddy storyline ever in that it means they gave Sami twins for NO REASON and it means that for pretty much the first time ever on Days a true paternity in a who's the daddy storyline was resolved and known to all parties BEFORE the mother went into labor. I guess that's Hogan's idea of a big curveball for the baby. *yawn*

Also, I don't know where everyone is getting this Lucas as a DiMera crap from, but if this storyline results in Lucas being a DiMera this will honestly wind up being my least favorite storyline ever and I don't know if I can continue to watch this show. Not just because I hate Lucas and love the DiMeras, which I do, but because that means that Days totally misled ALL OF THEIR VIEWERS by not featuring Lucas one whit in any of the promotion of this storyline yet suddenly they would put him at the center of the Brady-DiMera feud resolution? It would also mean that the worthless, undeveloped character of Will Roberts is the first DiMera-Brady baby cheating viewers out of any excitement or drama that such an offspring would create. It also mean that there is no big loss for Sami as Hogan promised, when pretty much everything else he outlined in the summer preview for the show has come to pass. Not to mention the fact that him being written to be a DiMera would suddenly connote in him a power and elegance and mystery and regal bearing that Lucas Roberts most certainly DOES NOT possess.

I can't tell you how much I loathe the idea of Lucas being written as a DiMera now of all times. I mean how pathetic does a character have to be that his only storylines anyone can ever come up with for him are that a new secret comes out about his slut mother every ten years so he has a new father and new paternity angst to deal with? If they need a reason for him to fall off the wagon let it be because Sami cheated on him. At least that would be something new.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Big fat WORD to what you said about Lucas being a Dimera, IMissAremid. He needs to stay a Horton, and if they can't think of anything to do with him then, well, there's always death.

There still could be a reason for twins, though, if one of them dies. Or if they both survive (and the show does) they'll have two teenaged family members when they age them a couple years from now. And it is a nice nod to Marlena/Samantha and Sami/Eric, imho.

I'm happy this is being resolved quickly and without much Who's The Daddy madness, assuming, of course, that this part of things is resolved.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply