Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Desperate Housewives Adds 2 Popular Actors!; It's official .........
Topic Started: Jul 25 2007, 07:27 PM (1,039 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Posted ImagePosted Image
Dana Delaney and Nathan Fillion ARE joining Desperate Housewives!

YAY! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Got it from here, and it's always reliable:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I give this show till season 5...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Agreed. Maybe Season 6. You know they'll milk it, no matter the ratings.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

ABC will keep it alive until season seven.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

with the rate the show's erroding, I see this year the ratings slide will continue. Season 5 will be the year where in desperation they try to repair it and re-pimp it out but by season's end it wont be renewed once they realize it's not possible to fix.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Drew
Jul 25 2007, 07:46 PM
with the rate the show's erroding, I see this year will have a drastic drop in ratings.  Season 5 will be the year where in desperation they try to repair it and re-pimp it out but by season's end it wont be renewed once they realize it's not possible to fix.

The show has always been planned to run seven seasons, and ABC re-upped Marc's contact and key cast members last May to keep them on board until the final season (2011). ABC will keep it alive because it is produced by ABC Studios...hence they will cash in on syndication and DVD sales.

nevertheless, it will limp and crawl to the finishline. If it wasnt produced by ABC Studios, I think they would be faster to drop it.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

if no one is watching, actor and writer contracts won't mean anything. And ABC Studios and ABC TV are still separate divisions, and if DH is tanking on ABCTV, being made by ABC Studios wont save it.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Drew
Jul 25 2007, 07:52 PM
if no one is watching, actor and writer contracts won't mean anything. And ABC Studios and ABC TV are still separate divisions, and if DH is tanking on ABCTV, being made by ABC Studios wont save it.

ABC has a bias to keeping shows owned by ABC. Despite being different division, all the money goes back to the mouse. As long as it is turning a profit, even with crappy ratings, they will drag it out.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Personally i can't wait for the new season to start...They ended with some great cliffhangers and i'm excited by this casting news..They both should do great on the show...

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Kevc1980
Jul 25 2007, 08:12 PM
Personally i can't wait for the new season to start...They ended with some great cliffhangers and i'm excited by this casting news..They both should do great on the show...

I just pray, pray, pray there are no more damn murder mysteries...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Nubia
Jul 25 2007, 08:13 PM
Kevc1980

Me too........

I'm so tired of those that I could scream and shoot the TV................

Kenny
Member Avatar

Nubia
Jul 25 2007, 09:13 PM
Kevc1980

Oh, same here! Seems like a new dead body turns up in every episode, and each time the "shocking reveal" is always predictable... or if it actually is surprising, it's in a bad way. Enough dead bodies! I think DH is going for a television record of having dead bodies turn up in the most random ways. It's like Marc Cherry sits down with each episode and asks, "How can we have a dead body pop up in a new way this time?" ENOUGH, you faggoty ass mofo!

kelli_blue
Member Avatar

I'm still enjoying DH, so I'm looking forward to the new season, with the two new characters. Hopefully tptb have a GOOD and juicy storyline for them. :)

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

This show should be sexy scandalous fun, but its so repetitive (murder mysteries) and melodramatic at times. Alas, I hope Felicity Huffman doesn't win the Emmy. Out of all the housewives, Terri Hatcher was the MVP last season, whereas FH had one good dramatic scene.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Wow, I'm glad about both of these guys (though Fillion not so much). This show squandered so much last season but I still have high hopes.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Won't bring me back watching... I haven't watched since the start of second season, and haven't turned back.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply