Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:CDN TV Guide spoilers for wk of 8/6; *updated 7/27*
Topic Started: Jul 25 2007, 10:06 PM (1,442 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I am too, Angie. I see it as them trying to keep EJ in LUMI's orbit. I will say the next two weeks sound good and the balance seems better as Kate, Billie, Celeste, Lexie, and Abe all are involved. Should be good.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny
Jul 27 2007, 02:49 AM
Back to Ireland, once again!

Question, though. What, exactly, is a tabernacle? LoL

It actually has a few different definitions but I'm guessing this one means...

A case or box on a church altar containing the consecrated host and wine of the Eucharist.

As for the Friday spoiler... I guess this is making it clear that EJ's redemption is real, if that was in question for some viewers, when even after he apparently had the dream of killing Lucas he winds up helping save him, presumably for Sami's sake.

I also find it curious that it looks like over the course of a couple weeks Sami will have her father, her husband and her children targeted by the DiMeras and near death.

This just reminds me of this chilling line that Stefano had when Sami and him met to talk about a truce and Stefano insisted she marry EJ and raise her children as DiMeras.

"If I were you Samantha I would consider those that you love, your husband, your son, your father and how far you are prepared to keep from mourning them."

So does anyone else think this storyline ends with her marrying EJ to end the feud? I mean after all, that is all Sami has left as a bargaining chip with Stefano with everyone thinking the babies are Lucas's.

Hmmmmm.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good points IMissAremid.

I think August is going to be HUGE. It has to be to set the stage for Fall and to tie up some things.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

What does Belle come clean with? I thought we read that Shawn comes clean to Belle somewhere and he is really the one who has explaiining to do.

Also, Bo and Hope totally wasted their time in Ireland before when they should have checked the local newspapers, talked to the Reverand Mother, etc., but just lost their total brains instead. I'm not thinking this will be any better.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DaysFanJean
Jul 28 2007, 05:34 PM
What does Belle come clean with? I thought we read that Shawn comes clean to Belle somewhere and he is really the one who has explaiining to do.

Also, Bo and Hope totally wasted their time in Ireland before when they should have checked the local newspapers, talked to the Reverand Mother, etc., but just lost their total brains instead. I'm not thinking this will be any better.

We don't know if they did talk to the Reverend mother. Bo said he was told that Shawn Sr was in the chapel so he probably did talk to her. We just didn't see it and I doubt she would tell them anything anyway. As for the newspapers, they just wanted to get Shawn Sr home and they did not have the intention of sticking around and investigating at that point since they had no leads to go on in Ireland as to where to look for answers.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2007, 07:07 PM
As for the newspapers, they just wanted to get Shawn Sr home and they did not have the intention of sticking around and investigating at that point since they had no leads to go on in Ireland as to where to look for answers.

This is where Jack & Jen would've actually been useful.

I hope Sami doesn't marry EJ to end the feud. If that's the case I'll always wonder why the hell Stefano didn't approach her a few years back when she wasn't all "I'm a Brady" every 5 minutes.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I can see Sami marrying EJ to conclude the feud. But, there will be a part of her that will not regret marrying EJ, and eventually she will be madly in love with him. Her and I just have this unique connection, that her and Lucas have never been seen to have.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 28 2007, 10:10 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2007, 07:07 PM
As for the newspapers, they just wanted to get Shawn Sr home and they did not have the intention of sticking around and investigating at that point since they had no leads to go on in Ireland as to where to look for answers.

This is where Jack & Jen would've actually been useful.

I hope Sami doesn't marry EJ to end the feud. If that's the case I'll always wonder why the hell Stefano didn't approach her a few years back when she wasn't all "I'm a Brady" every 5 minutes.

That's a pretty good point. While I am all for the EJ/Sami dynamic, one has to wonder why Stefano has becomed obsessed over Sami all of a sudden. He's been well aware of this child for her entire life. I guess you could say that is inconsistent writing, but I digress. It could also be that Stefano just wants his youngest son to be happy with Sami because he knows that the the Bradys' worst nightmare is one of their own marrying a DiMera. Whatever.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I think it has very little to do with Stefano wanting EJ happy, especially since EJ hasn't been very loyal to Stefano. I think it has most to do with the fact that, the Brady's will go ballistic if Sami winds up with a Dimera.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Yeah the first 3 days do sound boring which sucks b/c the good sounding ones are not always like that on screen.

ilovemydays

Kenny
Jul 27 2007, 02:49 AM
Back to Ireland, once again!

Question, though. What, exactly, is a tabernacle? LoL

The Sacraments, host and wine, are kept in it.

Kind of odd choice to hold the final clue to the Brady/DiMera vendetta. It's a holy artifact, not something you would put love letters or personal items in or anything.
so, I wonder there is some odd parallel. Stefano's incessant demand for stem cells and the body and blood of Christ in the tabernacle.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jul 29 2007, 12:49 PM
I think it has very little to do with Stefano wanting EJ happy, especially since EJ hasn't been very loyal to Stefano. I think it has most to do with the fact that, the Brady's will go ballistic if Sami winds up with a Dimera.

Yep. What better way to get back at Roman than have Roman's daughter marry his son. I can't think of any way that Stefano could hurt Roman more. And I think that may be part of what Thaao meant in his chat when saying that Roman is going to fall on hard times. Not only is he gonna get stabbed by Andre, he could also potentially see both his girlfriend and daughter taken away from him by DiMeras (Tony and EJ).

Plus I still think even if Hogan is not explicitly writing it this way based on the history of the characters I just have to think that Stefano has to still have some creepy Marlena lust in him and likes the idea of his son marrying Marlena's daughter. And of course there's the whole Colleen-Santo romance too and Stefano thinking it'd be what his father wanted.

Quote:

Yeah the first 3 days do sound boring which sucks b/c the good sounding ones are not always like that on screen.

Even though I didn't think I was going to like Monday's stuff based off reading the previews and spoilers, the clips I saw of Monday's ep (all the DiMera stuff) absolutely ROCKED. So well acted and intense. Hopefully the good performances will carry throughout the week.

Quote:

Kind of odd choice to hold the final clue to the Brady/DiMera vendetta. It's a holy artifact, not something you would put love letters or personal items in or anything.
so, I wonder there is some odd parallel. Stefano's incessant demand for stem cells and the body and blood of Christ in the tabernacle.

IMO it's all about Sheffer's misguided thinking that the way to go about redeeming and maturing Sami Brady is making her into a martyr heroine -- from the "ultimate sacrifice" crap that he thought would kill off the EJami fanbase and have all DOOL fans in love with Lumi last winter to this "difficult decision" now that she is going to make that will be "very costly" but end the feud.

Although perhaps that ties into the whole thing where Colleen is also a martyr as she was killed by her own family. Plus there's the religious imagery with Santo's name.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 29 2007, 11:34 PM
Jinxed Soul
Jul 29 2007, 12:49 PM

Yep. What better way to get back at Roman than have Roman's daughter marry his son. I can't think of any way that Stefano could hurt Roman more. And I think that may be part of what Thaao meant in his chat when saying that Roman is going to fall on hard times. Not only is he gonna get stabbed by Andre, he could also potentially see both his girlfriend and daughter taken away from him by DiMeras (Tony and EJ).

Plus I still think even if Hogan is not explicitly writing it this way based on the history of the characters I just have to think that Stefano has to still have some creepy Marlena lust in him and likes the idea of his son marrying Marlena's daughter. And of course there's the whole Colleen-Santo romance too and Stefano thinking it'd be what his father wanted.

Quote:

Even though I didn't think I was going to like Monday's stuff based off reading the previews and spoilers, the clips I saw of Monday's ep (all the DiMera stuff) absolutely ROCKED. So well acted and intense. Hopefully the good performances will carry throughout the week.

Quote:

IMO it's all about Sheffer's misguided thinking that the way to go about redeeming and maturing Sami Brady is making her into a martyr heroine -- from the "ultimate sacrifice" crap that he thought would kill off the EJami fanbase and have all DOOL fans in love with Lumi last winter to this "difficult decision" now that she is going to make that will be "very costly" but end the feud.

Although perhaps that ties into the whole thing where Colleen is also a martyr as she was killed by her own family. Plus there's the religious imagery with Santo's name.

You saw clips?

Damn...I would like to have your sources? :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

My sources? LOL. I never thought of the Canadian posters at the Internet fansites I frequent who are nice enough to post the dayahead clips online as "sources" before. If you are truly interested in these "sources" for your own I can give you the links. :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 29 2007, 11:58 PM
My sources? LOL. I never thought of the Canadian posters at the Internet fansites I frequent who are nice enough to post the dayahead clips online as "sources" before. If you are truly interested in these "sources" for your own I can give you the links. :lol:

Oh :lol:

See, I never go to fansites so that is probably why. I never knew they got their hands on clips :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2007, 12:07 AM
IMissAremid
Jul 29 2007, 11:58 PM
My sources? LOL. I never thought of the Canadian posters at the Internet fansites I frequent who are nice enough to post the dayahead clips online as "sources" before. If you are truly interested in these "sources" for your own I can give you the links.  :lol:

Oh :lol:

See, I never go to fansites so that is probably why. I never knew they got their hands on clips :lol:

It's not so much they get their hands on them as they simply record the episode they are shown a day in advance in Canada and then upload the episode to their computer clipping the portion relevant to whatever fansite the clipper belongs to and then uploading it for their members.

And I never went to fansites either until a couple months ago and probably never would have joined if not for these clips.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

DrewHamilton
Jul 25 2007, 11:59 PM
Angie79
Jul 25 2007, 11:06 PM
Monday
Tony tells the Bradys that he swallowed the key; Stephanie tells Kayla and Steve that she's moving in with Adrienne.

Tuesday
Celeste urges Lexie to work things out with her husband; Nick quizzes Stephanie about Jeremy.

Wednesday
Abe surprises Lexie with a touching talk; Chelsea admits she has feelings for Jett; Belle tells Shawn she wants to go to nursing school.

Tony swallows the key? Wait, I thought Bart was the one that swallowed the key. I'm confused. :unsure:

Stephanie's moving in with Adrienne? Where in the hell does Adrienne even live?!

Can't wait for Abe and Lexie!

Chelsea and Jett :wub: CHETT or JELSEA?

Belle, um, you're already a famous fashion designer! Why the change in careers?

i don't care where she lives. I am just happy that she is getting a minor storyline, Judi Evens is a great actress and i want her to be more involved.

but this week sounds great, i love touch the sky.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply