Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: NBC Promo Video; week of July 30
Topic Started: Jul 27 2007, 10:56 PM (301 Views)
nassaunew

The direct link is not working properly, but you can go to the main page, scroll down to the middle and then click onto the Fancy and Pretty preview:

http://www.nbc.com/passions
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Passions is on a roll. The acid thing is kind of lame but this looks like great drama and Fancy looks gorgeous. I am crossing my fingers Luis and Fancy!!

August is looking like a good month for Passions. I just hope I can somehow follow it when it moves. JER took awhile but the show is rocking right now.

nassaunew

Why do you think that the acid thing is kind of lame? Do you consider this to be character assasination on the character of Fancy?

The guest star spoiled ithe acid attack earlier this month, but I think a lot of people had figured that something had made Pretty 'less pretty.'

Deleted User
Deleted User

Actually, nass, I disagree. From what I read on the boards, TONS o' people thought Fancy fingered Pretty, raped her with turkey basters or other foreign objects or something strange like that; hence all of Fancy's rapes. That was when the big theory was that Pretty was the rapist. Never in a million years would I have thought acid. Had that guest star (an idiot in his own right) not ruined the surprise, I would have been SHOCKED out of my GOURD. Never saw this coming. It's incredible too because it's believable and over-the-top, but not SO over-the-top that it's disgusting and out-of-character (as fingering and raping her own sister would be).
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

nassaunew
Jul 27 2007, 11:29 PM
Why do you think that the acid thing is kind of lame? Do you consider this to be character assasination on the character of Fancy?

The guest star spoiled ithe acid attack earlier this month, but I think a lot of people had figured that something had made Pretty 'less pretty.'

I think it's lame in that it was built up to be much more. Plus, Pretty's scar isn't even as bad as it should be IMO. I always knew acid was involved because they gave us a hint in February when Luis and Fancy when away to that Inn. There were two stalkers that night. One was dressed in white and the other in the blackmailer's traditional black clothes (Vincent didn't have the costume then). I believe the person in white was Pretty. Perhaps she was in a mental hospital or something because I recall Esme telling Fancy that Pretty wheeled around or something. Anyway, Fancy was splashed with acid that night (I can't remember if it was the person in white or black) and I always knew from then on that had to do with the secret since Vincent may have learned that was Fancy's secret and used it to play mind games with her or if the person in white (Pretty) did do it it would be for revenge. I still think Pretty helped Vincent because he did rape Fancy repeatedly and there had to be more behind that so I think Pretty was getting him to keep targeting her.

I do agree with JSF. Outside of the melodramatic buildup, this is a good secret that is very soapy. The only thing is I don't think it's big enough to break up Luis and Fancy realistically but who knows.

nassaunew

It was a person dressed in white who attacked Fancy with acid.

The blackmailer was dressed as a woman - it was the first time the costume was shown from behind - and was getting ready to meet with Theresa.

There had to be two separate attackers.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Jul 27 2007, 11:59 PM
Actually, nass, I disagree. From what I read on the boards, TONS o' people thought Fancy fingered Pretty, raped her with turkey basters or other foreign objects or something strange like that; hence all of Fancy's rapes. That was when the big theory was that Pretty was the rapist. Never in a million years would I have thought acid. Had that guest star (an idiot in his own right) not ruined the surprise, I would have been SHOCKED out of my GOURD. Never saw this coming. It's incredible too because it's believable and over-the-top, but not SO over-the-top that it's disgusting and out-of-character (as fingering and raping her own sister would be).

LOL @ an idiot in his own right

I wonder if the producers of Passions are annoyed by the actor. Because the word 'acid' has been kept out of all the spoilers. Only the scar has been mentioned in the soap magazine.

I don't think most of the posters on the board really placed too much credence in Fancy raping her own sister. More thought that perhaps Fancy may have stood by and watched her sister being raped or something like that.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

In the beginning I loved Luis and Fancy now I am totally sick of Fancy. Emily Harper is great, don't get me wrong but Fancy is a spoiled brat just like Sheridan said. They are both pathetic actually. I'm not sure who I want Luis with. Maybe Pretty?? I'm intrigued at the possibilites Pretty brings to the table.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply