Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilerish tidbits from Thaao Penghlis chat 7/28
Topic Started: Jul 28 2007, 09:46 PM (1,276 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thaao Penghlis Chat Recap 7.28

OK this is my recap of things, hope it makes sense. It was my first time sitting in on one and I must say Thaao Penghlis is quite charming and fun, and it's funny to see the way he flirts with his fans. They dont' call themselves hoochies for nothing (and I mean that in a good way... lol).

Here's the scoop...

-They’re waiting for the Toronto Film Festival to release “The Mirror” on DVD

-Best thing about being back on DOOL?
Everything is great back at DOOL. There are going to be some great changes.

-Does Anna have a contract yet? Tanna love in the afternoon?
No, she will be part of the story, but no contract yet. August will be a great show. I actually duel with Andre.

-“If given free reign Thaao, please set up a love scene for Tanna, with details! We want to see some action!”
I would certain taken her into the shower after the dance. And then tied her to my bed. *laughing* I have a wonderful 19th century brass bed. That would straddle beautifully. Thaao jokes people should go read Harry Potter to take their minds off this.

-Question about whether he likes modern Greek music. He has some music from Crete he’d like to put in a one man show. People would be dancing if listening to it right now.

-Memorable scene between you and Deidre Hall?
More memorable scenes off screen than on. Deidre and I have lunch all the time. A great relationship.

-Dream acting role you’ve always wanted to play?
Probably the Razors Edge. “I love the idea of the unknown and coming to terms with it.”

-Someone asks about him being in handcuffs in Monday's ep and if they thought of her?
You should have let me understand in the past I would have thought of you. I promise next time I will. Now I know.

-He asks if we want some Inside info.
“When I was playing the part of the nun as Andre, Peter fell off his bike and broke his collar bone. So the scenes were kind of restricted. This coming week I get into a disguise I’m not that confortable with. I going to have with it as Andre. Good news is the head writer really likes Tony and also Andre. So by bringing Tony back he’s decided to resurrect him.”

-I’m going to Jordan and Turkey on the 1st of September and will be doing some great journeys. Also, I’ll be ballooning in the deserts of Jordan. Many more photos.

-Someone asked about Sami and EJ being front of storyline instead of vets and if that bothers him.
“I don’t think of them as the front of the storyline. It doesn’t occur to me. You can only really look at your own storyline. I don’t think they are really frontline. The Dimeras are ALWAYS frontline."

Asked us our thoughts on the Santo/Colleen storyline. chat reaction was mixed but most seemed to like it well enough.
“He’s a good guy but he doesn’t have the kind of passion you get from a European.” (i disagree, but fair enough)

-“I do enjoy playing Andre cause I get a chance to be BAD”

Most provocative dessert you make and your favorite place to serve it?
“Not a cookie. It would have to be a sensual dessert. I would have to something with coconut. A rice coconut with very thin slices of papaya and peaches. A splash of honey and a pound of passion with a dab of vanilla ice cream thrown in. And someone to fan you to bring you back from the experience. Nothing small for you. No napoleon complex here."

-Make sure... August is a must watch!!! With the demise of Bart sad :(

-What do you think of possibility of storyline of Tony getting a son, either EJ or Lucas?
“depends on where it’s coming from”

-Tony/Anna love scene?
Right now I think they’re concentrating more on Tony/Andre. The love scenes are coming a little on the ‘old’ side. There may be a triangle between Tony/Anna/Roman.

-What do you think of Bryan Datillo’s resemblance to you? Do you think Lucas should be Tony’s son?
Bryan is one of my favourite people on the show. He’s a great human being. Very down to earth. The only trouble is Andre smacks him up a bit next week. Some good scenes coming up. (omg... yes!!!)

-Do actors get together and rehearse?
No, each does their own thing.

-Advice for an aspiring producer?
Where do you live? You’ve got to leave town if your really serious about your career. NY or LA are the best places to be. Thanked guy for DVD of clips that a fan sent and said it was well put together. You have to be really clear about what you want to do to get ahead.

-What do you think about Billie Reed with Andre or Tony as a relationship?
She hasn’t had much storyline lately but there’s nothing to connect her with lately. Roman is going to go through some heavy times. The focus is about unraveling the secrets between the DiMeras and the Bradys. Probably won’t know until around September. I LOVE working with Joe again though. ‘Daddy’ is just wonderful.

-What about John being Santo and Colleen’s grandson?
So far that hasn’t resolved itself so I don’t know. Where does all the information come from?

-Which languages do you speak and do you ever use them to seduce a woman?
Well sometimes there’s no language… only silence! It’s not always the spoken word. Seduction has a language of its own. When one is eating a very seductive meal… you don’t talk. I’m having supper right now. Along with Martini I’m having pasta with shitaki mushroom, truffle oil with hot pepper and sprinkle of basil with parmesan cheese. Not sure what for dessert.

Lots of flirty talk I didn't recap.

-Oct. 27 Thaao is appearing in Peoria Illinois at a women’s lifestyle show. (yay I might go this)

-Someone asked about John and Marlena and the penthouse and Jarlena+Tony scenes coming up?
The penthouse… they’re going to modernize what they had before. Update it and revitalize it. Not sure whether they’ll be any scenes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recap IMissAremid. Thaao is quite theatrical and very entertaining.

I like that he seems to appreciate his fans so much and try to court new ones.

Tony/Andre has livened up Days.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I love how Thaoo gives us some scoops every time he talks. August is sounding great and it seems like Lucas and Bo are going to be in danger from Andre. I assume he meant Peter Reckell got hurt. I hope he is ok.

I am also glad he mentioned the Penthouse. They are basically redesigning it like the Dimera mansion. That should make fans feel better. He mentioned changes coming so I think this is what SN and MBE mentioned at their fan event in June. The balance is going to keep getting better. It seems like Tony is going nowhere and that Hogan likes Thaoo. I just hope they sign LeAnn. It seems like she is going to stay but I want her signed damnit!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jul 28 2007, 10:49 PM
I love how Thaoo gives us some scoops every time he talks. August is sounding great and it seems like Lucas and Bo are going to be in danger from Andre. I assume he meant Peter Reckell got hurt. I hope he is ok.

I am also glad he mentioned the Penthouse. They are basically redesigning it like the Dimera mansion. That should make fans feel better. He mentioned changes coming so I think this is what SN and MBE mentioned at their fan event in June. The balance is going to keep getting better. It seems like Tony is going nowhere and that Hogan likes Thaoo. I just hope they sign LeAnn. It seems like she is going to stay but I want her signed damnit!

I do too. People kept asking him when we'd get some love in the afternoon for Tony and Anna, but it sounds like not for a while with Thaao pretty busy with the dual roles, although I guess maybe at some point we will if they do go with the Roman/Anna/Tony triangle.

I am glad to know that Andre is going to be around at least for another month it sounds like. I was afraid he would be revealed and then immediately killed off.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree Aremid. Andre is a major force in this story and is needed so I am glad he isn't going anywhere right now either. I think the best idea is to keep him around until Stefano is well and then Stefano can take over and they can remove Andre.

I think Hogan likes Tony and Anna. Otherwise, he would not go back and re-write history to bring back the Tony of old. I expect the romance to return at the end of summer/early Fall when things slow down a bit. I remember SN and MBE saying that the Fall would be even better the summer so I hope that is the case.

Deleted User
Deleted User

He LIED about actors not rehearsing together. And isn't that unfair to ask him a question he, alone, can't answer?

Blake and Rachel CONFIRMED that they run lines together and rehearse.

Sorry, Thaoo
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

There are times when I roll my eyes while reading through a chat with Thaoo, but I'm grateful for him. He always gives scoops no matter what. And I love that about him. He doesn't give too much, just enough to make you want to watch.

I'm glad Hogan likes Tony and Andre. I can't see Andre ever becoming a permanent character, but stranger things have happened.

Wow at the Lucas being Tony's son angle. I remember thinking about it back in 2002-03 when Lucas was working for Tony, but I about forgot about it. I hope they don't go that route, but I feel they're going to, just based on previous intereviews about a DNA twist involving EJ/Sami/Lucas. My only problem is that it would once again be rewriting history because Kate and Tony never knew each other prior to her coming to Salem.

As for Andre, he could definitely be Lucas' father. It's a known fact that Andre had plastic surgery to make himself look like Tony in the 80s. Lucas was born in the 70s. Kate and Andre could have been together in the past prior to the plastic surgery, and that is why she no longer recognizes him. That's if they're going that route. I would rather them just keep Lucas a Horton because it fits in with history (Bill's affair with Kate, his secretary in the 70s).

I'm excited for some more Tony and Anna, and a possible triangle with Roman.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

A possible Tony/Anna/Roman triangle sucks. I see absolutely no chemistry between Roman and Anna. You can't even say opposites attract for the two of them, because they just seem to have no click. I think Roman is just to boring and dull for any woman other than Marlena.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OMG! I feel the complete opposite. There have been only 2 people on this show that made Josh Taylor interesting as Roman. The first one being Lauren Koslow. She made Roman interesting when he and Kate started to get together. Now that Leann Hunley is back, Roman and Anna are hot!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2007, 12:37 PM
There are times when I roll my eyes while reading through a chat with Thaoo, but I'm grateful for him. He always gives scoops no matter what. And I love that about him. He doesn't give too much, just enough to make you want to watch.

I'm glad Hogan likes Tony and Andre. I can't see Andre ever becoming a permanent character, but stranger things have happened.

Wow at the Lucas being Tony's son angle. I remember thinking about it back in 2002-03 when Lucas was working for Tony, but I about forgot about it. I hope they don't go that route, but I feel they're going to, just based on previous intereviews about a DNA twist involving EJ/Sami/Lucas. My only problem is that it would once again be rewriting history because Kate and Tony never knew each other prior to her coming to Salem.

As for Andre, he could definitely be Lucas' father. It's a known fact that Andre had plastic surgery to make himself look like Tony in the 80s. Lucas was born in the 70s. Kate and Andre could have been together in the past prior to the plastic surgery, and that is why she no longer recognizes him. That's if they're going that route. I would rather them just keep Lucas a Horton because it fits in with history (Bill's affair with Kate, his secretary in the 70s).

Drew,

I don't know what about the chat made you all excited about the Lucas being Tony's son theory.

My opinion of Thaao's response to the question about Lucas being Tony's son was that he either wouldn't like them to go with that storyline or he knows they aren't going with that storyline or both and he was sort of deflecting so as not to offend or upset people who are clamoring for Lucas to be Tony's son. But I'm so glad the person asked it (even if it was sort of redundant when I had asked the neutral question about what he thought of Tony having a son just before that) because it got him to let loose that little Andre tidbit about him roughing up Lucas.

What interviews are you talking about that back up your theory that Lucas would be written as Tony's son? I think the storyline having it so that the stem cells won't help Stefano when they think Lucas is the father makes it clear that Lucas is not a DiMera.

I think they will eventually go the one and one route, perhaps there will be a medical crisis with one of the babies and EJ is needed somehow to save the one that is his child, but as for now I see them revealing the babies as Lucas's children to take away Sami's last bargaining chip for ending the feud so the only thing she can do now is marry EJ to end it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Jul 29 2007, 12:51 PM
A possible Tony/Anna/Roman triangle sucks. I see absolutely no chemistry between Roman and Anna. You can't even say opposites attract for the two of them, because they just seem to have no click. I think Roman is just to boring and dull for any woman other than Marlena.

I love Tony and Anna and am dying for some love in the afternoon scenes and definitely think they have the superior chemistry, but I can deal with a Roman/Anna/Tony love triangle because I think it could make sense from a storyline standpoint because that's just one more thing for the Bradys and DiMeras to fight over.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jul 29 2007, 02:43 PM
DrewHamilton
Jul 29 2007, 12:37 PM

Drew,

I don't know what about the chat made you all excited about the Lucas being Tony's son theory.

My opinion of Thaao's response to the question about Lucas being Tony's son was that he either wouldn't like them to go with that storyline or he knows they aren't going with that storyline or both and he was sort of deflecting so as not to offend or upset people who are clamoring for Lucas to be Tony's son. But I'm so glad the person asked it (even if it was sort of redundant when I had asked the neutral question about what he thought of Tony having a son just before that) because it got him to let loose that little Andre tidbit about him roughing up Lucas.

What interviews are you talking about that back up your theory that Lucas would be written as Tony's son? I think the storyline having it so that the stem cells won't help Stefano when they think Lucas is the father makes it clear that Lucas is not a DiMera.

I think they will eventually go the one and one route, perhaps there will be a medical crisis with one of the babies and EJ is needed somehow to save the one that is his child, but as for now I see them revealing the babies as Lucas's children to take away Sami's last bargaining chip for ending the feud so the only thing she can do now is marry EJ to end it.

I am talking about the interview James Scott had a few weeks, maybe a month ago. He said something the paternity will be revealed, but then, there will be an even bigger twist regarding someone else's paternity down the road. That's when people started wondering if Lucas could have been a DiMera.

Ridge
Member Avatar

The Billie idea seems cool. Never even thought of it.

Otherwise this is all cool and stuff and Thaoo sounds good, his acting has been great.

BUT, what is the point of all of this?? It seems they just threw in the Andre thing to redeem Tony and now it is all about him, he is everywhere and it all seems QUITE irrlevant to the Brady/DiMera feud. No one is going to jump into the show for this. I don't want to see Tony and Andre feud, it all seems so isolated from the rest of the show and it is connectivity to what the bigger picture is seems missing. Did Andre have something to do with Colleen and Santo err Sami and EJ? I suppose he may in the near future but I would much rather find out about some of our vets than this returning one.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Ridge
Jul 29 2007, 02:39 PM
The Billie idea seems cool. Never even thought of it.

Otherwise this is all cool and stuff and Thaoo sounds good, his acting has been great.

BUT, what is the point of all of this?? It seems they just threw in the Andre thing to redeem Tony and now it is all about him, he is everywhere and it all seems QUITE irrlevant to the Brady/DiMera feud. No one is going to jump into the show for this. I don't want to see Tony and Andre feud, it all seems so isolated from the rest of the show and it is connectivity to what the bigger picture is seems missing. Did Andre have something to do with Colleen and Santo err Sami and EJ? I suppose he may in the near future but I would much rather find out about some of our vets than this returning one.

That is a good point. I had hoped this storyline would result in more exploration of John's paternity and Steve's past with the DiMeras and how he came to be controlled by them and what he did during that time but it sounds like that stuff doesn't interest Hogan and in Andre it seems Hogan has found the replacement for the cartoonish megavillain he tried to make EJ out to be from Jan-April.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Andre is the one that is driving the revenge angle in my mind. Stefano is not one to act so aggressively, as we saw early on, but Andre's accident forced Stefano to go along with Andre's way of thinking, which was to pick off all the Brady's. I think Andre represents all that is bad about this Vendetta. He represents how out of control it has become to Stefano. It shows Stefano that Andre has become even more of a monster then he ever was due to the Vendetta and that this created monster (Andre) is even driving some of his family away from him. Andre locked Lexie away and pushed her away from the family. Andre drove Tony away by being the perfect "son" to Stefano. Andre's actions also helped to drive EJ away and we know Andre kills Bart. That is Andre's relevance to this story.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Love Thaao. Very entertaining interview. Thanks for posting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply