Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:NBC Text Message spoilers
Topic Started: Jul 30 2007, 12:17 PM (830 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jeremy reaches a turning point

Nick's "new wife" gives him a costly ultimatum!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Here comes Jeremy's redemption, as Trevor Donovon hinted.

Wonder what is up with the Nick stuff. Hmm..

Jonatha

PhoenixRising05
Jul 30 2007, 01:18 PM
Here comes Jeremy's redemption, as Trevor Donovon hinted.

Wonder what is up with the Nick stuff. Hmm..

Summer previews said Nick will lose everything, but Chelsea would stand by him.

King
Member Avatar

Jeremy needs so much help, including a recast!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

He has gotten better but I agree, a recast is needed in the worst way.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't mind Trent Donovan so much anymore. When he first strated, I hated him. Now, he's growing on me. I cannot say the same for Shelley Henning as Stephanie. :angry:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Yeah i actually like Trevor Donavon now...He's doing better, and the hair cut really helps...

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Trevor is my new favorite male character. Being as he is a male Horton, Mike Horton's son, Alice's great-grandson, I'm hoping upon hope that he turns out to be the hero I envision for him straightforward and not by accident, which is so lame.

I'm looking forward to that message.

Poor Nick. I was hoping that he could retain his money. He has had too much bad luck which is of his own making because of lack of brains. How could a brainy guy be so stupid?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Jeremy is too cocky, but I do think he has potential somewhere down there.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't mind Trevor, I just hate the CHARACTER of Jeremy. I don't think it would matter who was playing him. He isn't a bad actor or anything.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yeah Trevor is all right and I actually like him more after reading the NBC liveblog with him and Marcus Patrick (interestingly the one who plays Jett came off as the huge, cocky asshole while the one who plays Jeremy was the humble guy), but what was the point of making Jeremy so evil in the first place if he's not going to stay bad? I don't get it. I didn't get it when they tried to make EJ into a one-dimensional cartoonish villain and when I saw the casting tidbits about them wanting an EJ-like guy in Jeremy I worried they'd make the same exact mistake with Jeremy and they have. Except Trevor Donovan doesn't have the same level of fan support, acting chops or reservoir of goodwill for the character that James Scott had when they wrote EJ as more of a sexy man of mystery and fun scoundrel in the months before they busted out the all out evil. With Jeremy it was like plunging face first into douchebag territority so that I personally will find it hard to care about this character EVER. It's just so stupid because they wouldn't have to waste our time with this boring redemption crap if they simply had the skill and/or desire to write characters with shades of grey the entire time. UGH!

But in any event... why are they only releasing text message spoilers about 2 characters who haven't been on the show a year? I want to know what's going to happen in the feud dammit - the part of the show that doesn't put me to sleep.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The haircut has definitely helped things. He no longer looks like a Ken doll so much.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IMissAremid
Jul 30 2007, 03:40 PM
but what was the point of making Jeremy so evil in the first place if he's not going to stay bad? I don't get it.

I agree, except I don't need shades of gray. Give me a balls-out villain, male or female, who just goes for it. Someone like Andre, but without twisting out a Tony to keep the actor around. Just leave him evil, then ditch him when the storyline is through. Jett, Chelsea, Nick, Stephanie- that's more than enough in that age group for workable storylines, imho.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Jul 30 2007, 05:40 PM
Yeah Trevor is all right and I actually like him more after reading the NBC liveblog with him and Marcus Patrick (interestingly the one who plays Jett came off as the huge, cocky asshole while the one who plays Jeremy was the humble guy), but what was the point of making Jeremy so evil in the first place if he's not going to stay bad? I don't get it. I didn't get it when they tried to make EJ into a one-dimensional cartoonish villain and when I saw the casting tidbits about them wanting an EJ-like guy in Jeremy I worried they'd make the same exact mistake with Jeremy and they have. Except Trevor Donovan doesn't have the same level of fan support, acting chops or reservoir of goodwill for the character that James Scott had when they wrote EJ as more of a sexy man of mystery and fun scoundrel in the months before they busted out the all out evil. With Jeremy it was like plunging face first into douchebag territority so that I personally will find it hard to care about this character EVER. It's just so stupid because they wouldn't have to waste our time with this boring redemption crap if they simply had the skill and/or desire to write characters with shades of grey the entire time. UGH!

But in any event... why are they only releasing text message spoilers about 2 characters who haven't been on the show a year? I want to know what's going to happen in the feud dammit - the part of the show that doesn't put me to sleep.

Like the CDN TV Guide spoilers, these spoilers hardly ever include the vets or the Dimera's. It's weird but they don't. I am glad they don't. I would rather most of that story come as a surprise.

I agree that the show needs an all out bad villain but it should not be Jeremy. Jeremy is a Horton and a character that many fans longed to see and were disappointed when the show went this route with him. Redemption may help big time with the Jeremy issue. Donovan is doing much better and the haircut only makes him much more improved. Part of me still wants a recast though.

The show does need to add a villain that is not going to redeemed or softened. Whether it's someone new or a returnee, it is needed.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Jeremy as a villian would be hilarious! I definitely don't think he has what it takes to fulfill those shoes. But, we do need a hardcore villian, preferably someone new.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

We have Stefano and Victor (who is MIA). Why does Days need a real villian? Kate is that I think.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Stefano's a pathetic daddy's boy.

Victor hasn't done squat in years.

Kate does the same thing repeatedly, and it's not ruthless so much as ridiculous, imho.

I think we need someone who just goes for it, hurts a lot of people, gets defeated and then disappears forever.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 31 2007, 12:22 AM
Stefano's a pathetic daddy's boy.

Victor hasn't done squat in years.

Kate does the same thing repeatedly, and it's not ruthless so much as ridiculous, imho.

I think we need someone who just goes for it, hurts a lot of people, gets defeated and then disappears forever.

Well the last person I can remember who was like you described, Alex North, caused me to stop watching Days because if I had kept watching I would have gauged out my eyes from the boredom, so I don't think I want to see this.

But if that person is Andre, I'm all for it, because I love him. That stabbing on Monday was so fantastic I only wish this show had the balls to use Andre as a vehicle to kill off some of their more worthless characters.

But damn I miss my bitches. I hate the way the Chelsea and Sami "redemptions" took away our bitches and turned them into weepy heroines and the way they have made Kate so pathetic and ineffectual. I had hopes for Anna to be a fun bitch if not necessarily an evil bitch, but they don't use her enough for my liking and I fear they never will.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Alex North was awful for many reasons, but I think that if they wrote a coherent storyline, and were willing to have an ending, a short-term guy could work. Agree to disagree though, yo.

I miss the bitches too. And, frankly, I would kill for a good catfight.

We need an evil Dimera woman. Kristen, Lexie, New Person...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

px780
Jul 31 2007, 07:45 PM
Alex North was awful for many reasons, but I think that if they wrote a coherent storyline, and were willing to have an ending, a short-term guy could work. Agree to disagree though, yo.

I miss the bitches too. And, frankly, I would kill for a good catfight.

We need an evil Dimera woman. Kristen, Lexie, New Person...

I agree about that catfight!

I so wanted Kate to get in a bitchfight with Marlena and/or Hope when it was revealed that she knew about Phillip going to Tinda Lao and was the one who told EJ where they went. Unfortunately they never revealed this so Kate got no comeuppance.

Booooooooooo!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply