Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Where Are They Now: Nathan Fillion; (OLTL)
Topic Started: Jul 31 2007, 05:28 PM (370 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Original article: http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment...b4c3966&k=81000

Canadian actor joins 'Desperate Housewives'

Posted Image
Nathan Fillion of Edmonton will join the residents of Wisteria Lane on "Desperate Housewives" this season.
Photograph by : Splash

Nathan Fillion is about to become a desperate husband on Desperate Housewives.

The Edmonton-born performer who earned his TV-acting chops in the soap opera One Life to Live was mum on Desperate story details, but only too happy to share the broad strokes, as it were, to a huddle of reporters at a party to promote ABC’s fall season.

He will play a husband. Dana Delany will play his wife. They will be desperate, to a point — though exactly how much Fillion wouldn’t say.

Fillion’s character, a doctor named Adam Luther, will move onto Wisteria Lane in the first episode of the new season.

Depending on how the new neighbourhood receives them — and on whether Desperate fans at home will warm to them — there’s a chance Fillion and Delany will become regular characters. Either way, Fillion, 36, is looking forward to playing a part in an established TV drama after a run of quickly cancelled series.

“They’ve hit upon something that people really like,” he said of Desperate Housewives. “They’ve worked hard and they’re reaping the benefits. They’re not snotty about it, either. They’ve been so warm and so welcoming to me, they’ve made it very sweet.”

Fillion isn’t used to such stability in his TV roles. He played Capt. Malcolm Reynolds in Joss Whedon’s cult sci-fi drama Firefly in 2002, but just 12 episodes aired before Firefly was cancelled. His most recent series, the cross-country road-race drama Drive, fared even worse. Just four episodes aired in April before it, too, was cancelled.

“The secret is to have a good time while it lasts,” Fillion said. “If you learn to have a good time, everything else becomes no big deal. There are no guarantees in Hollywood.”

Fillion’s Desperate experience has been liberating, though.

“There’s no pressure here. They’ve done all the hard work. All I have to do is kick back and relax and enjoy their hard work.”

As for what Desperate fans can expect, Fillion said, laughing, they should steel themselves for: “Some humour, some laughs, backstabbing, lies, discovery of the lies, lies compounding the discovery of the lies, subverting the truth. There is layer upon layer of mysteries and deceptions. And lies.”

Nobody locked in the basement? “Not yet. But I’m working on that.”

Fillion knows a great deal about his character’s overall story arc, but none of the details.

“I would hate to spill anything accidentally and spoil it because it’s such a great show,” he said. “It’s a show of revelations, the stuff that makes you go: ‘Ooooo!’ It doesn’t take itself seriously, that’s for sure. Not a lot of action. I’m not shooting anybody. No spaceships, no horses. No brooding. It sure makes it easy. I stay very clean. And if I get to some bedroom scenes, that’ll be very nice.”

Desperate Housewives returns to ABC and CTV on Sept. 30.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply