Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
If You Could Recast One Role on a Current Soap....
Topic Started: Aug 1 2007, 12:37 PM (1,090 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

If you could recast one role on a show or shows, who would it be and why. Note: Please try to limit it to only one role per show by any one poster.

I am going to start off with a few and I made add others later.

Young and the Restless
I would recast Judith Chapman as Gloria on Y&R. I love Judith Chapman as an actress but Gloria is not for her. If I couldn't have Joan Van Ark back since she doesn't want to do daytime, my ideal choice would be Judith Light. I loved her as Karen on OLTL, and feel that she should return to daytime. I have loved her in movies where she played a villianess. She would be perfect as Gloria. She even played a similar role in a TV movie a few years back.

As The World Turns
This one is unpopular too, esp. since I love Grayson McCouch but I want Brian Bloom back in the role of Dusty. He will always be Dusty to me.

Guiding Light
I know that this will be unpopular but I feel that the show needs a stronger Cassie. I loved Laura Wright in the role, but just have not warmed up to Nicole Forrester like some have. When Laura left for GH, I felt at the time that Cady McClain would have been perfect if GL could have convinced her to take it. I still feel that she would have been. I can imagine the great scenes between Cady and Kim. But since Cady is not available I would love to see Noelle Beck in the role. I think she would be good in the role.

Bold & the Beautiful
As much as I love looking at Ronn Moss, I have always felt that the show needs a stronger actor in the role. So I would recast Ridge. Since he is now available I think John Callahan (who is a year younger than Ronn) would be perfect in the role. He is a great actor and equally nice to look at. My 2nd choice who is in the same age range would be John Bolger. He has great talent and is nice looking too.

Days of Our Lives
I still say I would have loved to have seen Rider Strong as Shawn D. even though I do love Brandon Beemer. My choice here is tied. I want to see 2 recasts: First I want Trevor Donovan recast. My #1 choice would be Matthew Bomer or if they want to stick with the blonde god image get Bruce Michael Hall. Both are about the same age as Trevor (1 year older), both are hunks, and both can act better than Trevor.

The other person I want recast is Stephanie. I would love to see either Agnes Bruckner or Robyn Richards in the role.

All My Children
I will state who I feel is my #1 change here. I love Bobbie Eakes, but have always wanted Judi Evans in this role. I just feel that she would have been a better Krystal. And also I can just imagine her in scenes with David Canary, Michael Knight, and esp. with Vincent Irizarry. It would have been great, and magical. As I said I feel that Bobbie Eakes is wonderful, but just feel that Judi Evans would have been better.

One Life To Live
I don't like most of the characters on the show right now, so this one has been a hard one. The only big change that I can think of that should be made but should have been made long ago. And that is that Michael Easton should have been Todd instead of John. He should have been forced to take the role of Todd instead of getting a new character. I think the show would have been a lot better. I think I could have dealt with Easton as Todd - a character I know rather than the show being dominated by a character I care nothing for and don't know.

General Hospital
My number one choice right now would be to recast Kirsten Storms. My #1 choice right now would be Jessica Dunphy. She needs to be back in soaps. And I think she would be good as Maxie. My 2nd choice would be another ATWT former actress, Kristina Sisco.

Passions
Since it seems that Adrian Bellani might not be going over to Passions (at least according to some reports), I say recast the role with Spencer Hill who was said to be in the running for the role of Shawn D. Brady on Days. He's a hunk so I say give him a chance to see how well he acts too.

Judge for yourself:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1807923/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

LMAO You've recasted just about all of my favorite actors!! Bobbie, Judith, Kirsten.... :lol:

King
Member Avatar

If I could re-cast one person, I would re-cast Jeremy Horton on DAYS...YESTERDAY.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Since Passions is going to need a new Fox why not recast Fox with Justin Hartley??? :P

Natalia
Member Avatar

An unpopulair one.I want Hunt Block back as Craig on ATWT he has the charisma that role needs.I can't stand Scott Bryce he's got such a boring way of acting.

Lskreet
Member Avatar
Ratings Queen & Scoopster

SteveFrame
Aug 1 2007, 12:37 PM
As The World Turns
This one is unpopular too, esp. since I love Grayson McCouch but I want Brian Bloom back in the role of Dusty. He will always be Dusty to me.

One Life To Live
I don't like most of the characters on the show right now, so this one has been a hard one. The only big change that I can think of that should be made but should have been made long ago. And that is that Michael Easton should have been Todd instead of John. He should have been forced to take the role of Todd instead of getting a new character. I think the show would have been a lot better. I think I could have dealt with Easton as Todd - a character I know rather than the show being dominated by a character I care nothing for and don't know.

IA about Brian Bloom as Dusty. He was my first soap crush and will always be Dusty to me.

I don't know if Michael Easton could have pulled off being Todd. I don't think he and Kassie DePaiva have the chemistry to make Todd and Blair work. I do think the role would be more of a challenge for him, since he doesn't get to show much range as John, but in the long run I don't know if it would have worked.

My recast on the Young & Restless. They need to get rid of Kristal Khalil. I don't think she's a very strong actress. I liked Davetta she was spunkier and had more of the characteristics of Dru. She was more believable as Dru/Neil's daughther. Kirstal's version is too whiny.

IA with you about Ron Moss. He's never been a strong actor and I have to believe he's been getting by on his looks all these years. I cringe whenever he has emotional scenes because he has a hard time pulling it off. He comes off stiff and laughable.

My recast for One Life to Live Christina Chambers. She drives me nuts with her pausing and ticks. She does this weird cry/smile thing and she comes off weak. They should have waited until Susan Haskell was available.

bettadyz
Unregistered

I would recast Abe from DOOL with TC from Passions.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

skiman12082004
Aug 1 2007, 04:41 PM
Since Passions is going to need a new Fox why not recast Fox with Justin Hartley??? :P

HELL YEAH!!!

I just hope they recast Miguel and Fox with actors who can act or at least do more then stand and look pretty.

As for Days, I would say Jeremy Horton. Trevor has improved but it's not enough.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

One role eh?

Ok since Jeffrey/Bradley Cole is on all the time on GL I recast the role with Lane Davies. I hate BC, and his character sucks, but if I could recast one role that would make my GL viewing easier, it would Bradley Cole's. BC looks disgusting. LD would be miles better.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SteveFrame
Aug 1 2007, 12:37 PM
As The World Turns

Days of Our Lives
My choice here is tied. I want to see 2 recasts: First I want Trevor Donovan recast. My #1 choice would be Matthew Bomer or if they want to stick with the blonde god image get Bruce Michael Hall. Both are about the same age as Trevor (1 year older), both are hunks, and both can act better than Trevor.

The other person I want recast is Stephanie. I would love to see either Agnes Bruckner or Robyn Richards in the role.

All My Children
I will state who I feel is my #1 change here. I love Bobbie Eakes, but have always wanted Judi Evans in this role. I just feel that she would have been a better Krystal. And also I can just imagine her in scenes with David Canary, Michael Knight, and esp. with Vincent Irizarry. It would have been great, and magical. As I said I feel that Bobbie Eakes is wonderful, but just feel that Judi Evans would have been better.

One Life To Live

General Hospital
My number one choice right now would be to recast Kirsten Storms. My #1 choice right now would be Jessica Dunphy. She needs to be back in soaps. And I think she would be good as Maxie. My 2nd choice would be another ATWT former actress, Kristina Sisco.

I agree that Brian Bloom is the definitive "Dusty", but I think Grayson McCouch is a great re-cast. That said, if Brian Bloom wanted back on ATWT, I'd take him back!

I love your choices for a re-cast of Jeremy Horton on DAYS. Matt Bomer would be an excellent choice. I agree Robyn Richards would be a much better Stephanie Johnson (refresh my mind on who Agnes Bruckner is, remember seeing the name, can't picture her).

I think Kirsten Storms is doing fine as Maxie now. She fits the slutty bitch ho role just fine to me. She's (unfortantely) made Maxie her own now, although I used to want Robyn Richards back, Maxie's too ruined now IMHO for Robyn to return.

Bobbie Eakes is fine as Krystal IMHO, but I'd kill the ho bitch off instead of re-casting, LMFAO!

I think Michael Easton wouldn't be a good Todd. Trevor St. John is great in the role and I cannot picture anyone else playing Todd (not even originator Roger Howarth). Glad Howarth's staying on ATWT and Trevor on ONE LIFE!

Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The Bold and the Beautiful
Rick Forrester - I have yet to warm up to Kyle Lowder as Rick. I think this is a huge miscast, and his talent and ability (singing) have ruined the character of Rick. I don't want to see Rick singing opera at Insomnia. I don't want to see Rick fawning over Phoebe 24/7. I want to see Rick back in the office, competing with Ridge like old times. I don't see Kyle Lowder as any match for Ronn Moss either. I think that Ronn overpowers him and that says a lot. Don't get me wrong, Lowder is a great young actor, and I loved him as Brady Black on DAYS. I just can't see him as Rick and don't think I ever could. As for my recast, I would choose Eric Winter. I think he's very believable as the son of Eric and Brooke. Winter resembles John McCook a lot, I think. Winter is a great actor as well. I know he was trying to get out of daytime, and did that stint on Brothers & Sisters, but I don't know if that's working out or not. If he ever chose to return to daytime, Rick Forrester is his role.

Days of our Lives
Stephanie Johnson - Shelley Henning has got to go. She's not Stephaine to me. Nothing against the actress, but she would have made a better Chelsea recast. I've said that since her first day in April, and I will continue to say that. She is not Stephanie. She is not the daughter of Steve and Kayla. She looks nothing like Mary Beth Evans or Stephen Nichols. As for the recast, I would bring back Shayna Rose. She just landed that role with me. I felt she had a great mother/daughter connection with Mary Beth. And I loved the fact that she wasn't your average daytime beauty. She was beautiful because of her uniqueness, something Ms. Henning is lacking. She's just another beauty pagent gone into daytime.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Lskreet
Aug 1 2007, 06:09 PM
IA with you about Ron Moss. He's never been a strong actor and I have to believe he's been getting by on his looks all these years. I cringe whenever he has emotional scenes because he has a hard time pulling it off. He comes off stiff and laughable.

I'm probably the only one who disagrees, but Ronn Moss is B&B's best older actor this year. I think, as far as emotional range, he's got Jack Wagner beat. Wagner hasn't had a decent scene since he and Felicia(when played by Coleen Dion-Scotti) were on that boat trading catty barbs wanting to fuck each other.

Ronn has really stepped up his game. He was really good in the Shane trial storyline and in past scenes where Ridge's pride has been hurt, he does really, REALLY good work.

Remember when Brooke voted against Ridge to make Eric CEO Emeritus(I believe this was a 2004 storyline)? I remember that Ridge had this long scene about not quite feeling like Forrester since his paternity was revealed and that he felt like he didn't belong or something. He was really good in that scene.

But I also, personally, feel that Ronn Moss draws from his own ego to make Ridge work.

He's just proven himself to be a worthy lead in the past few months. A new leading lady will do that for you.
---

And to answer the question: I'd like to see Lily and Colleen recast on Y&R.

I'd also like to see Bridget recast on B&B. I've always felt like Ashley Jones was a major miscast in the role of Bridget. I could see Jones making a better Katie Logan than Bridget. But that's just my honest opinion.
Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

Mulder
Aug 5 2007, 10:24 AM
I think Kirsten Storms is doing fine as Maxie now. She fits the slutty bitch ho role just fine to me. She's (unfortantely) made Maxie her own now, although I used to want Robyn Richards back, Maxie's too ruined now IMHO for Robyn to return.

I think Robyn could have played whorey Maxie to a T. They were kind of heading in that direction when they aged Georgie and brought Dillon to PC. Loved that Maxie was such a little troublemaker back then, throwing keggers at Mac's house. LOL.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

DAYS:
Jeremy Horton - Dump Trevor Donavan and hire Agim Kaba

B&B:
Bridget Forrester - Dump Ashley Jones and bring back Jennifer Finnigan

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

For me, it's not so much recasting as I'd like to see un-recasting for...

Rick (B&B)
I love Kyle Lowder, but not as Rick. I wouldn't mind if he returned as Brady on Days.

Colleen (Y&R)
There's just no excuse for Addrienne to be jobless right now.

Lily (Y&R)
I guess in this case it would be re-recast. lol.

Stephanie (DAYS)
Please hire back Shayna Rose...pretty please? :(

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Hmmmm...I hate Gloria, Brad, Logan, Lily, Amber, and would rather just see them go away...I guess I'll say recast Amelia Heinle with Heather Tom....Oh yeah it's going to happen in SIX months...just you watch :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

bellcurve
Aug 5 2007, 05:42 PM
Mulder
Aug 5 2007, 10:24 AM
I think Kirsten Storms is doing fine as Maxie now.  She fits the slutty bitch ho role just fine to me.    She's (unfortantely) made Maxie her own now, although I used to want Robyn Richards back, Maxie's too ruined now IMHO for Robyn to return.

I think Robyn could have played whorey Maxie to a T. They were kind of heading in that direction when they aged Georgie and brought Dillon to PC. Loved that Maxie was such a little troublemaker back then, throwing keggers at Mac's house. LOL.

You know Bellcurve, you're right. Thanks for reminding me of that. Yeah, I'd still like Robyn Richards back as Maxie. :cheers:
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Thinking about it, I'd replace Lucas on Days with an unknown. Yeah, the actor's been there forever. But he's not a leading man, imho, and he's no competition for James Scott/EJ at all.

Scott
Member Avatar

Days...
I would replace Jeremy with a better actor. I absolutely flove CJ Thomason (ex Lucas, GH) and I think he could be a good fit.

GH...
I love Kirsten Storms, but I love Robyn Richards too. I think RR never really got a real chance to play an older Maxie, and given the chance she would have done well. I would bring RR back, and maybe find KS another role would be awesome.

OLTL...
I love the current Marty, I never really saw the Susan Haskell in the role, but from what I hear she was awesome. I think OLTL should bring her back!

AMC...
This one isn't so much of a recast, as it is bringing back a character. I think Dani is desperately needed. If there is one thing that AMC truly lacks, its diversity. Dani and Josh were hot and they could hook up again.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

ATWT:
Recast Alison with the original portrayer, Jessica Dunphy. Kick Marnie to the curb! LOL!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply