Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Phillip is a Daddy!
Topic Started: Aug 2 2007, 09:44 AM (1,059 Views)
Jonatha

Days of Our Lives' Phillip heads to Indianapolis in search of his son this week, after receiving a picture of a baby and a note claiming the child is his.

"At first, Phillip doesn't believe it. He thinks someone is messing with his head," says Jay Kenneth Johnson (Phillip) pointing out, "Phillip hasn't even been with anybody since he was married to Belle."

When Phillip shows Billie the baby's photo, she has it blown up and notices a prescription bottle for "Tyler Kiriakis." She uses her contacts to track down the attached address and phone number. "Phillip wants to get to the bottom of this," declares Johnson. "He calls the number, tells the woman who answers who he is. He says he is coming to see her with a detective."

Before leaving, Phillip fills in Shawn and Belle, prompting Belle to ask Shawn if he was in Indianapolis over the 4th of July. Shawn denies it but then Lauren confronts Shawn and begs him to act as a go-between to give Phillip his son.

Elsewhere, Phillip and Billie break into Lauren's Indy digs. "Nobody is there," says Johnson, noting that Phillip and Billie find a gym membership with a photo on it. Phillip is shocked to see it's Lauren, the surrogate."

And then everything falls into place. "Phillip concludes that Shawn is trying to keep him distracted and away from Belle by stirring things up with Lauren," explains Johnson. "It's a lot of information for Phillip to process, but if this is his child, he wants to take care of him. He wants him to carry on his name."

Back in Salem, Shawn confesses his part in the baby business to Belle, but swears he had no part in harassing Phillip. Belle insists they come clean, but it might be too late. "Phillip isn't going to be happy that Shawn kept this from him," says Johnson. "For somebody who calls himself your friend, this is something you might want to let them know."

Ya think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

I hope Phillip fights for a child that is actually his.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I love this! Yay! I'm so glad the Lauren storyline will be dealt with! And it gives Philip, Belle and Shawn something interesting to do, IMO ...

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Tyler? Damn! That's the first time a soap character has had my name. lol.

King
Member Avatar

This is AWESOME!! This is such a nice twist. This is the stuff that is actually good, Hoagie!!

#1days
Unregistered

Finally! :lol: We've all been wondering if the writer's were ditching this s/l. Glad to see it's moving on. Maybe now Philip will stay away from Belle.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am glad that they didn't just drop the whole story with the surrogate and Phillip's baby! This should be interesting.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

this should be interesting, i can't wait. Maybe lauren can be a love interest for Philip

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This does sound great. I always had a feeling they would pick this up down the road.

It sets a great story in motion and it seems like it's taking Philip away from just being a Shelle interloper, which is good thing. I also LOVE the name Tyler.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I knew it, and I can't wait to see this plot go into execution. I was certain Shawn knew about the baby, and was using him to distract Phillip. This is going to be good. But, I guess this means Mimi is returning, yuck! The recast better be good!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Poor Phil Jr. <_<

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Now this is going to be a Philip/Belle/Shawn storyline that I can enjoy. No one's being devious (aside from a little from Shawn), and no one is playing dirty. I can't wait to see how Philip handles this new baby situation. And I'm glad Hogan remembered the whole surrogate baby. Fans were complaining that it was just another dropped storyline. That's not the case. It just needed to flesh out and been given time.

Tyler Kiriakis, that's a great name as well.

Manny
Member Avatar

Finally, something that sounds really good to me about DAYS!

And I like the spumor (?) that goes around that Steve and Kayla get involved in this storyline.

But, I've liked many spoilers that came out from DAYS/Hogan and I haven't liked the execution all that much, so I will wait till I see this, before I start praising this storyline.

But I'm thinking I will tune in to see this storyline... :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Manny
Aug 3 2007, 12:05 PM
But, I've liked many spoilers that came out from DAYS/Hogan and I haven't liked the execution all that much, so I will wait till I see this, before I start praising this storyline.

That happens far too often. The spoilers and even promo clips look unbelievably amazing, and when you tune in, its totaly disappointment.

The only way this could turn out really great for me is if the writers devote solid time to an interaction between Phillip and his child, not some 'oh, that's my child, now what?'

Chelledaysfan

I can't believe he forgot that he had a kid. I know he gave his rights away real fast like and he was going through a lot, but a baby, that is a big thing... I would think he would at least remember about it when he started to get those calls. Crazy, imo.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Chelledaysfan
Aug 5 2007, 03:47 PM
I can't believe he forgot that he had a kid. I know he gave his rights away real fast like and he was going through a lot, but a baby, that is a big thing... I would think he would at least remember about it when he started to get those calls. Crazy, imo.

Well, not only did he give his rights away, but so did Mimi. Therefore, Lauren was no longer a surrogate for them, and the child wasn't theres. If I remember correctly, Lauren was going to end the pregnancy, since both Mimi and Phillip no longer wanted the child. Therefore, Phillip would have no reason to think he has a child out there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply