Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Injured Actor Returns To The Set
Topic Started: Aug 3 2007, 03:14 PM (549 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ouch!
Peter Reckell (Bo, DAYS), an avid cyclist, was injured while riding his bike and broke his collarbone. The actor had surgery and returned to the set. "It was immediately written as a motorcycle accident for Bo," says Co-Executive Producer Stephen Wyman. "Peter earned our gratitude and admiration by putting his pain aside and coming to work the next day after surgery, showing us what a trouper he is. The show must go on!"

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

Glad Peter's okay. I don't know much about broken collarbones, but it sounds painful!
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ouch! I'm glad Peter is going to be okay. I think it's nice when the writers incorporate real life happenings for the actor into the show for their character.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DrewHamilton
Aug 3 2007, 06:55 PM
I think it's nice when the writers incorporate real life happenings for the actor into the show for their character.

I agree. But, given that he returned to work the next day, I'm sure the injuries were visible too, so the writers had to put together a reason.

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Aug 4 2007, 05:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Aug 3 2007, 06:55 PM
I think it's nice when the writers incorporate real life happenings for the actor into the show for their character.

I agree. But, given that he returned to work the next day, I'm sure the injuries were visible too, so the writers had to put together a reason.

That happened to Julie Pinson a while back as well. She was jogging with her dog, fell and broke her collar bone. She showed up to work though. I think the writers put into the story that Billie had taken a tumble trying to chase after Chelsea. I remember thinking that girl looked like she was in a lot of pain. Kudos to Peter and Julie.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I remember when Julie had it. Kudos to Peter. Thaoo mentioned this in his chat. Peter is a true class act and trooper. Good for him and I hope he feels better. The way they are writing it in is good too.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Glad my chat recap helped you get this scoop, SOD. ;)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

SPOILERISH

READ AT YOUR OWN WILL :)

I watched today's Canadian episode (tomorrow's US) and I think this was Reckell's first appearance since the injury. Can someone confirm that? I haven't been watching regularly.

Anyways, he looked like he was in a lot of pain. It was evident by his bodily movements. He was hardly moving his neck, and it was easy to tell, he was feeling uncomfortable. He is a trooper!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Jinxed Soul
Aug 8 2007, 08:57 PM
SPOILERISH

READ AT YOUR OWN WILL :)

I watched today's Canadian episode (tomorrow's US) and I think this was Reckell's first appearance since the injury. Can someone confirm that? I haven't been watching regularly.

Anyways, he looked like he was in a lot of pain. It was evident by his bodily movements. He was hardly moving his neck, and it was easy to tell, he was feeling uncomfortable. He is a trooper!

Yes. He was in Monday's US ep but didn't have any problems.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I wouldn't say he had any major problems, but you could tell he was in significant pain.

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Aug 9 2007, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't say he had any major problems, but you could tell he was in significant pain.

He looked to be in significant pain on Monday's ep. He could barely move. What a trooper. :hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply