Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Week of 8/6; Execution and Electricution!
Topic Started: Aug 5 2007, 04:48 PM (1,776 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Shrink: I think we can get you off.

Vincent: That's what Chad was for.

LMFAO. Another good episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Today was like a breath of fresh air, full of resolved stories and payoffs (Lancy, Therethan, etc.). Rebecca and Gwen were hilarious. Definately a high light. I loved the ending with Sheridan too :)

Deleted User
Deleted User

nassaunew
Aug 9 2007, 10:17 PM
I really just want Pretty to tell Luis her version of the story. I don't care. She just needs to move on to another storyline. It's grating.

Hmm, nothing was mentioned about Vincent being Fancy's rapist. Interesting...the writers have always been coy about that aspect of Vincent's crimes...

The last scene between Fancy and Luis was really cute.

Simone was good today. I loved her attacking Vincent. Pilar slapping Julian was great, too.

Good point about Fancy's rapes.

And notice that on Friday's episode, Gwen just assumed that he could possibly be responsible for Fancy's attacks.

Something is REALLY fishy here.

It's disgusting (but any rape is), but I'm REALLY leaning in the direction of Pretty raping Fancy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Aug 10 2007, 12:32 PM
I give props to PSNS for not undoing the Theresa/Sher Sher murder thing with the time warp. I really thought they would!

The thing about the time warp the bugs me is, didn't Pilar's lashing out at God happen before that? I think it did. And if that's true, then since it didn't happen the second go 'round (after all, Luis was saved), she's NOT going to feel the guilt and have a good story centered on lashing out at and blaspheming GOD. I mean, for Pilar to do that is HUGE. It would have been nice if she had to live with that guilt and we saw how it manifested itself.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sweetbabygirl
Aug 10 2007, 02:02 PM
Um, Shericunt? Bitch, please!! Fancy wasn't even thinking about Luis when she first came to town. It took a while, but both fell in love with each other; and let's not forget the fact that they were free to do so after her fickle dumbass decided to kick Luis to the curb AGAIN so that she could fulfil her psycho Mommy fantasy to another man's child!

What kills me about Prettygate is the fact that why would Luis believe the worst about Fancy without hearing Fancy's side of the story?! According to everyone else, it was a goddamned accident....if Luis loves Fancy as much as he says he does then he would know there were two sides to the story.

Is that Piper Laurie from Carrie the new psychologist? Am I supposed to feel bad for Vincent/Vincentia? 'Cause I don't, and hopefully his storyline will end soon. And I don't buy his Mommy moment with Skeve for one minute, he's up to something.

(Fans self)....The Therethan playful sex was hot!

Oh, my God, SBG,

I

FUCKING

LOVE

that Sheridan banner of yours.

It's ADORABLE!!! :wub:

Anyway, I will be very disappointed if Luis is pissed at Fancy for an accident that even his own MOTHER has swept under the rug.

Rule of thumb, Lu: If yo mama approves, then usually, that means it's okay to forgive, and more importantly, forget.

Having said that, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Pretty.

The actress, for me, is fast becoming the new Emily Harper.

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Aug 10 2007, 05:05 PM
Today was like a breath of fresh air, full of resolved stories and payoffs (Lancy, Therethan, etc.). Rebecca and Gwen were hilarious. Definately a high light. I loved the ending with Sheridan too :)

That was pretty hilarious.

Gotta give Rebs props for admitting to her DAUGHTER, people, that she got fucked through jail bars.

Daytime historians, please: Is this the first time a daytime character has mentioned or alluded to being penetrated between jail bars?

That seem VERY hardcore for daytime.

We HAD to make the record books, right?

Anyway, go "Passions!"
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

It was weird watching TWO happy couples (Ethan & Theresa, Fancy & Luis) on Friday's episode. Sure, there are secrets, but they weren't the focus of the couples' interaction.

I'm waiting for them to be destroyed, but it was cute watching them be happy together.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

JERSoapsFan
Aug 10 2007, 06:29 PM
Oh, my God, SBG,

I

FUCKING

LOVE

:hail: To Ally for the banner!!

As for Melinda fast becoming the new Emily? Uh no....just no.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sweetbabygirl
Aug 10 2007, 09:40 PM
JERSoapsFan
Oh, my God, SBG,

I

FUCKING

LOVE

Aw, c'mon. Give Mindy a chance. She's already got the Natalie Zea-lookalike thing in your favor. Plus, she's a decent actress. I agree that Pretty can be annoying, but that's the writing. I mean, Pretty and Fr. Loni weren't involved with the time warp but did you notice that their conversation STILL went back to where it started, and they had deja vu, too?! JER's doing miracles with this show right now, but that wasn't one of 'em! lol.

Anyway, the question on my mind right now is how in the HECK will Vincent get out of this one.

And even more important, the question on EVERY "Passions" fan's mind: Do you pronounce Phillip Jeanmarie, "Phillip GENEmarie" or "Phillip ZHANmarie?"

I love his TV-friendly name, love Vincent and well, other than those two things, I'm just GASPING to know!
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

Melinda's a decent actress. It's just that Pretty is kind of one-dimensional.

Hahaha @ your signature, JERSoaps Fan

Quote:

SCREW Lucy -- I love PRETTY!!

EMERGENCY!!! I just realized the signature is misleading. I meant Lucy, as in the character on the "I Love Lucy" show. It's a play-on-words. When it comes to "Passions," I DO love me some "Lucy," as in Luis Lopez Fitzgerald and Fancy Crane. They're HOT! Which is why you can see my moral dilemma: how can I root for Pretty, even love her, when she's so vehemently against the other object of my affection: Lucy?!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Seward can act but she will never be Emily Harper. Can't see that.

Pretty has been much better the past two days but her secret is lame so so much of her this story with her and Fancy is falling flat for me. Her scenes with Sheridan are good but the writing for Sheridan annoys me. They tried to show us why she is acting how she is but they have written her so inconsistently over the past 6 months it's hard for me to sit back and enjoy her like this. MW is giving it her all and Sheridan is entertaining now but still.

I enjoyed ET having an actual love scene that was playful as well. Luis/Fancy was adorable. Great plot resolution and nice scenes for the fans. Fancy/Pilar was nice too.

Rebecca/Gwen was funny as always. Their DIRECTV plug wasn't as annoying because it came from them and not Tabitha, Norma, or Edna again. It was refreshing.

Philip Jeanmarie was great today, as was Tracy Ross. JER has impressed with the emotional weight of this story. He has truly made it a character-driven plot that centers so much about emotion and one's psyche. My props to him on that and on making this story make logical scene with Eve/Julian and their backstory and past stories. JER took the Evian child story and made it into a fantastic story. Great scenes with Vincent and Eve. I like the therapist too.

Passions had a very good week. Impressive, actually.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I agree about Evian being a hit. I mean, here I thought that Chad being the long lost son would rock the show. That was NOTHIN' compared to this. I'm not sure if, in real life, as they say, it's responsible to suggest an orphan would commit all these murders and sexual perversions to cope with his lack of parents and stability, but for this show, it's one hell of a ride. And Vinny just gets more shocking no matter what he does.

Did you see PJ's "blowjob" face when he eyed Sam the other day? Good Lord, was that the first time in daytime that ANY character made that literal tongue-in-cheek movement to be provocative?!!! That was just CRAZY.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

JERSoapsFan
Aug 11 2007, 02:17 PM
I agree about Evian being a hit. I mean, here I thought that Chad being the long lost son would rock the show. That was NOTHIN' compared to this. I'm not sure if, in real life, as they say, it's responsible to suggest an orphan would commit all these murders and sexual perversions to cope with his lack of parents and stability, but for this show, it's one hell of a ride. And Vinny just gets more shocking no matter what he does.

Did you see PJ's "blowjob" face when he eyed Sam the other day? Good Lord, was that the first time in daytime that ANY character made that literal tongue-in-cheek movement to be provocative?!!! That was just CRAZY.

JSF do you remember what day that happened? I must've missed it and I love all the Vincent being outrageous stuff. :(

nassaunew

^Vincent did that on Thursday's episode when Sam was speaking to him.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 02:45 PM
Shrink: I think we can get you off.

Vincent: That's what Chad was for.

LMFAO. Another good episode.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I can't help it but I love Vincent.

It's really too bad that Sheridan didn't kill that little bitch, Theresa.

KMan101
Member Avatar

This past week Passions, bare none, has pulled me back in. I literally was EXCITED to watch each day. I haven't felt like that, honestly, in years.

The entire week was very entertaining.

I too cannot believe how emotionally driven the Evian love child story is. I'm a little tired of Vincent's contrived reasoning behind his actions, but it's typical JER.

And the Pretty/Fancy secret is really lame. I expected Pretty to be totally disfigured and yet all she has is an ugly spot on her face that's hidden by her hair and honestly it's not that appalling. It makes it so ridiculous.

I love crazy Sheridan but I am just so mad at how destroyed Sheridan has become. The only way out of it is that she is Beth.

I dislike Luis and Fancy only because he'll turn on her the second he hears her secret and he'll be sniffing Sheridan again. I guarantee it. No offense to Galen but how old is he? He looks like he could be Emily's father. Maybe that's why I'm just not buying them.

Ethan and Theresa were very good. I really enjoyed them. I'm LOVING Gwen too. Liza has always been fairly decent but she's become ... so different after maternity leave. Just so good. I dunno what it is.

And I love Andrea Evans. Rebecca was hilarious. Screwing that guy through the bars ... lmao. Only on Passions. Seriously, only on Passions.

I loved the week-long (felt like it!) Pretty/Lonigan scenes. I'm so glad Father Lonigan is back on the scene. I disliked the church scenes though. Why is it ALWAYS doom and gloom. We can't even get five minutes of happiness before the next bought of evil is mentioned.

nassaunew

KMan101
Aug 12 2007, 09:07 PM
I dislike Luis and Fancy only because he'll turn on her the second he hears her secret and he'll be sniffing Sheridan again. I guarantee it. No offense to Galen but how old is he? He looks like he could be Emily's father. Maybe that's why I'm just not buying them.

Galen Gering is 36 years old. How old does he look to you?

Emily Harper is 29 years old.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I dunno. Galen just seems so much older than Emily.

That stuff never bugs me but for some reason it does. I've always been indifferent to Luis. He just always comes off so fatherly and condescending. LOL. I'm guessing that's Galen's "acting choice"

That's just me I guess.

I like Luis and Fancy enough I suppose but I'm just not overly excited by them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't think it's always Galen's acting choices. I mean, he had FORBIDDEN Theresa to date Ethan Crane after Rebs spilled the beans about her. He is a condescending father figure. He acts territorial with everyone, using the guise of "protecting" his family.

On another note, Galen is THIRTY-SIX?! Wow, that's just crazy. I never would have guessed. It's scary! Damn. Wow. WHOA.
Quote Post Goto Top

bwilsonwriter

JERSoapsFan
Aug 10 2007, 09:50 PM
Sweetbabygirl
Aug 10 2007, 09:40 PM
JERSoapsFan
Oh, my God, SBG,

I

FUCKING

LOVE

Aw, c'mon. Give Mindy a chance. She's already got the Natalie Zea-lookalike thing in your favor. Plus, she's a decent actress. I agree that Pretty can be annoying, but that's the writing. I mean, Pretty and Fr. Loni weren't involved with the time warp but did you notice that their conversation STILL went back to where it started, and they had deja vu, too?! JER's doing miracles with this show right now, but that wasn't one of 'em! lol.

Anyway, the question on my mind right now is how in the HECK will Vincent get out of this one.

And even more important, the question on EVERY "Passions" fan's mind: Do you pronounce Phillip Jeanmarie, "Phillip GENEmarie" or "Phillip ZHANmarie?"

I love his TV-friendly name, love Vincent and well, other than those two things, I'm just GASPING to know!

He pronounced it Zhanmarie because I seen a clip on the internet somewhere and he hosted a comedy show a couple years ago and that how he says it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply