Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Resurrect ONE Soap; Which One Would It Be?
Topic Started: Aug 5 2007, 05:46 PM (766 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

If you could magically bring back one soap from the dead, Which one would you chose and why?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Oh goodness...that's tough.

The only cancelled soap that I was truely invested in when it went off the air, was Port Charles. I don't think that could work though. I'd rather just see a one hour addition to the show for a week, wrapping up all the loose ends.

Another World seemed greatly popular, but I never watched it religiously. I've seen re-runs on SoapNET, but I'm sure it's not the same as watching it live when it first aired. If it was resurrected, I'd watch.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'd love to have the Edge of Night back. Any clip I have been able to watch I immeditaely loved. Santa Barabra and SFT come in a close 2nd and third
Quote Post Goto Top

Jonatha

Great question but only one is tough. I'd say Another World first. I watched Generations and loved it as well. Also Ryan's Hope and I was a fan of Pt Charles. Hell, bring back all of them. :)

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

WEll of the cancelled soaps it is a no brainer for me - Another World. Close by would be Somerset, The Edge of Night and The Doctors.

I am going to take this in a new direction and say that since most of the soaps airing today are dead to me - meaning I don't watch them much anymore - and dead in the sense that they are on life support - I would love to resurrect all 9 shows that air with ATWT, Days, Y&R, AMC & GL being at the top of the list as they are my all time faves of the 9 and are in need of the most help at this point. IMO

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Dark Shadows!!!!! Should have been something like that instead of Passions. Would LOVE to see this much missed drama back on my daytime lineup!!

Jonatha

Mateo
Aug 5 2007, 07:18 PM
Dark Shadows!!!!! Should have been something like that instead of Passions. Would LOVE to see this much missed drama back on my daytime lineup!!

I forgot about Dark Shadows. Yes, bring it back definitely. The list is endless for me. Especially now that I have the luxury to sit around all day and watch them - finally.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I'd resurrect Ryan's Hope, which was at one point the most critically acclaimed and lauded soap in all of television. Such a shame ABC canceled it when it was on a creative upswing. Even more disheartening, they switched its time slot, in an attempt to save the craptastic Loving, which effectively led to RH's end.

AllMyShadows

Definitely "Ryan's Hope," but only after a massive shake-up at ABC.

bellcurve
Unregistered

I'd pick something relatively different from everything else in daytime.

Having hardly ever seen any episodes or clips, I'd gladly welcome EDGE back with open arms as long as it continued to be the mystery soap it was designed to be. In the day and age of LAW AND ORDER, EDGE would be a perfect show to do "telenovela"-style mysteries...the case wraps up in 13 weeks.

Runners Up: SPYDER GAMES, THE CITY, PC(as it left us in December 2000 and not as it left us in October 2003).

Daytime needs something different. A soap with a different premise that isn't so homogenized with everything else. B&B's got fashion going for it.

I didn't pick the usual suspects(like AW, SB, BEACH, etc.) because I think the setting stood out more than the premise or people's jobs.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

It would have to be Sunset Beach. Its the only soap I sort of watched aside from DAYS. The storylines were great, and the actors did really well.

Karrie
Member Avatar

I have a hard time deciding between Another World and Santa Barbara.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Without a doubt --- Another World.

oakdalelover

All the classic CBS soaps that I grew up watching!

Love of Life,Search for Tomorrow,Secret Storm and Edge of Night.
Love is a Many- Splendored Thing and Where the Heart Is!

Wow! Memories!!!

Woops! I didn't follow the rules! If I had to pick one it would be Edge of Night!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Another World or Sunset Beach.

AW is going with my heart but Sunset Beach has more upside RIGHT NOW since it's more modern, younger, etc. I think AW would have a hard time getting enough of an audience to stick around for awhile. Sunset had a primetime feel and, if marketed right and given a good time slot, it could perform better IMO. I feel that show had so much potential.

I also loved PC and Santa Barbara and wouldn't mind seeing those two back. Like Sunset, I think PC could do well if given a good time slot and if it went back to it's medical roots. Night Shift reminds me of the "old" PC so I think a return by PC could be successful.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Most definitely Another World followed very closely by Dark Shadows

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

'Sunset Beach'! I LOVED that show. It always kept me interested and Eddie Cibrian is hot.

morlock sevigny

Edge of Night.

By it's very nature ,it was less dependent on families and couples.Throughout it's run Mike Karr was the only constant character.

The main characters at the end of the show like Miles,Raven,Sky had all been on less than 10 years.

The crime theme of the show would be perfect for today-other soaps began copying Edge but it is still head and shoulders above them at telling these kind of stories.

Henry Slesar wrote novels,short stories,other TV shows.

I'm sure some of today's mystery writers would be interested in taking on the show!

Manny
Member Avatar

Definitely Sunset Beach!!! :hail:

Natalia
Member Avatar

"Sons&Daughters" an Australian soap that was a whole lot better then "Neighbours" for a US soap I would pick "Santa Barbara" and "Capitol"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply