Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT Weekly Discussion (Aug 6-10)
Topic Started: Aug 5 2007, 10:46 PM (449 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Last Week on ATWT: J.J. learns Ava and Silas intend to keep him, and Silas tells J.J. he's going to have a new name and family. Holden is shocked to find Craig with Meg. Meg is defensive regarding Craig's presence, and she talks about her confused feelings. Craig informs Meg he's still in love with her and wants to start a family. Craig accepts that Meg still loves Paul, but he tries to get Meg to accept that Paul is dead. Barbara wills Paul to wake up, as Paul dreams of Rosanna. Paul comes to, and Barbara is displeased when Paul expresses eagerness to go home to Meg. Barbara reveals that Meg and Craig are together. Paul insists he's not coming home and doesn't want anyone to know that he is still alive. Henry tells Vienna that their insurance wasn't valid and they've lost all the money they invested in the building. When Noah questions Luke's distance, he admits he's got feelings for Noah. Noah reacts to Luke's revelation that he's attracted to him and says he's not gay. Ali smells alcohol on Susan's breath, and Susan covers. Susan tells Bob she was drinking.

SNEAK PEEK: J.J. tries to escape.

Classic Picture:

Posted Image

Jon Cypher as Dr. Alex Keith; Judith McConnell as Valerie Conway; and I think that is Suzanne Davidson as Betsy Stewart but it could be the girl that Alex and Valerie adopted. I didn't write names down with teh picture when I saved it years ago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Am I the only one who felt a tingling sensation in their pants when it showed Luke and Noah on the next time preview Friday? :lol:

oakdalelover

Hey Steve,the girl in the picture reminds me of a young Glynnis O'Connor. Didn't she play a young Dawn (Dee) Stewart years before she became a miscast for Margo?

I loved the two slaps Carly gave Jack. I can't help but think that she was thinking "That is for Katie!" I hated he told her he was engaged to Katie but I am glad he apologized.With JJ gone ,the last thing he needs to think about his Katie.

I loved that feisty Barbara is back!!!

Cady McClain is so gorgeous!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Yes Glynis did play a young young Dee. She wasn't playing her at the time of the wedding as she was already off in Hollywood, but I thought it was her too at first.

I think it is Suzanne Davidson. I loved her as Betsy.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Pretty good episode. My interest has gone from non-existant to mild now that Rosanna is back.

Is it me or is Gwen displaying some Cleo-isms?

psychofan
Member Avatar

WTGH
Aug 6 2007, 09:05 PM
Pretty good episode. My interest has gone from non-existant to mild now that Rosanna is back.

Is it me or is Gwen displaying some Cleo-isms?

I was thinking the same thing!! I love Jennifer Landon, but she had better get back to Gwen because as the begining of today's episode I could've sworn it was Cleo talking to barbara.

oakdalelover

Did anybody see Wednesday's ATWT?

Lucinda was in rare form today. I loved her bitchy comments toward Meg and Craig. I hope they keep it up!
They used an old soap standby in giving Rosanna an "experiemental" drug.I am glad she is back. Any thing to get her and Paul back to Oakdale and in the middle of Craig and Rosanna is good to me.
More stuff from Idaho today. Did you see Carly and the InTurn? I have always said that Maura West has chemistry with anybody she works with. I loved the CarJack kiss.

There was a new director today. Ian Torporoff. I think he has done Sunset Beach and OLTL.
The script wwas by Jeanne Marie Ford. It was her third one and pretty good.
Days of Our Lives loss is ATWT'S gain!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

James, I am watching Wednesday's episode today (well right now) and it is great.

Oh man I am loving the board scenes - Lucinda at her finest.

Loving Paul & Rosanna together at the hospital. Can't wait for her to wake up.

And absolutely loving Bob & Susan together.

oakdalelover

I agree,Steve!

It was a great Richard Culliton scripted episode!

I can't wait to see what Rosanna and Paul have planned when they return to Oakdale. I am sure Lucinda will be involved too.

I loved Lucinda! Reminded me of the old days ! I miss Kirk Anderson!

I am glad they are continuing on with Susan's story. I was afraid they'd drop it or make it in to a "how Ali is coping with an alcoholic mom and missing sister" story. I want to see Kim cautioning Bob to watch it with Susan!

I am glad to see Ali mixed in with Will and Gwen today. She is going to give it to Maddie who is a little to self righteous lately.

psychofan
Member Avatar

Maddie was totally out of line talking to Gwen about Alison. I'm looking forward to some snarkiness between Maddie and Alison from here on out. Simular to the Jade/Maddie feud (which kind of lost it's fuel there at the end).

Lucinda cracks me up. Her delivery is so wonderful. :lol:

Come on Rosanna just WAKE UP already!!!!! I want to see Cady in action.

oakdalelover

Today,Henry and Vienna found out just how broke she is.She ordered a 100.00 bottle of champagne instead of a 1,000.00 one. She asked Maddie to join them so that left Noah and Luke alone to swim at the Snyder farm.
It looks like they are moving along with this storyline.They had an intense moment at the end. I am curious to know how far they will take it.
Carly found J.J. today. I loved her scenes at the bar! I loved how Kit called Jack talking on the phone with another woman.
Ali stood her ground with Maddie. Dusty showed up. I thought that was odd then I remembered he was married to Jennifer and Will had a line where he said he would alwys think of him as a brother.

New script writer today. Peter Brash. He has written for DAYS,Another World and he was briefly on staff at Y&R. It looks like they are slowly doing changes to their writing staff.
Judy Tate went from breakdowns back to script writing. Gary Sunshine is gone from breakdowns. Elizabeth Page is gone. Jeanne Marie Ford reecently joined from DAYS.
I'd like to see some changes at the top!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I didn't put in a tape today and tried to watch while working. I had thought I had all afternoon free so didn't put the tape in. I missed all of the Luke/Noah stuff. It was on and I could hear the show but didn't get to see anything.

It seemed like it was possibly an okay show but from what I saw it didn't seem anything like yesterday's show which I have loved more than anything in a long time.

And James I too want to see changes at the top. I love the new scriptwrtiers and think they are really doing good, but overall ATWT has had pretty good scriptwriters all along. There were some weak points but overall they were pretty good. I think Jean needs to go and things will improve immensely.

They are definitely getting some of Days best writing talent. I hope they hold onto Peter Brash - he is one of Hogan's recent firings and one of Days best writers. Now if ATWT could get Sofia Landon Greier.

Brash was one of Days best HW's ever too. He would be a nice choice to bump on up at ATWT.

psychofan
Member Avatar

I thought yesterday's show was GREAT!! I was on the edge of my seat for ALL of the Carly/JJ stuff. Vienna and Henry are such FF material. I don't know why Vienna is even still on the show. She was supposed to be like a three episode character for the jewel heist. I see no reason to bring her on full time.

oakdalelover

All in all,this last week was pretty good.

I agree with you Psychofan. I liked Vienna at first but I feel she is uneccesary now. Plus,she takes the edge off of Henry.

Can I say that also Cole and Sophie are not needed characters?

I was thinking. A dangerous thing I know!!!If Craig bought controlling interest of Worldwide with Rosanna's money,doesn't that mean SHE is the owner of that controlling interest? If so,what would Craig and Meg think if she takes over and makes Paul the CEO?

Why does a bar in Idaho, ran by an African-American woman have a Confedrate flag displayed?Is that what all biker bars do,even those north of the Mason-Dixon line? I have never been to a biker bar :D !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply