Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days changing timeslot in NYC; Link added
Topic Started: Aug 7 2007, 07:46 PM (1,377 Views)
skiman1208
Member Avatar

According to WNBC Days will be moving to 2PM on September 10th taking over the timeslot from Passions. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Just thought I would let you guys know just in case someone hadn't heard this news.

http://www.nbcumv.com/owned/release_detail...aunchesnew.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Oh no...

Keith
Member Avatar

Why is this surprising, or foreboding, given NBC's stance on DAYS' future?

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Thanks Steve! ;)

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Does anyone think this will hurt the ratings?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I can see a lot of affiliates moving DAYS to 2:00pm now that PSNS is leaving.

Could benefit the 12-17 ratings LOL

I think that's part of the reason PSNS did so well in teens all these years. Most schools let out around 2:30 so they would get to see the last 15-20 minutes.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

It could help the ratings considering what the previous timeslot was, my guess is at 1, where it overlapped with the second half of the number one watched soap Y&R. Now it would be pitted against OLTL and ATWT (my guess). However it could lose the lunch crew, moving it further from noon.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Aug 7 2007, 10:36 PM

I think that's part of the reason PSNS did so well in teens all these years. Most schools let out around 2:30 so they would get to see the last 15-20 minutes.

See, this is what I never got. Most schools where I live let out at 3! So if Passions comes on at 1, and Days at 2, you still miss both of them!!!

Lucky kids, getting out of school 30 minutes early!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Aug 7 2007, 10:36 PM

It's even crazier because your 2:30 is my 1:30, which means they get out an hour and a half earlier!!! now THAT'S crazy!
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Oh dear God! NBC is killing this show! Days has traditionally always been shown in the NYC tri-state area at 1:00, so I doubt a lot of people will follow it to 2:00. OLTL currently airs in that time spot in the NYC area and is currently ahead of Days in the overall ratings, which could hurt Days. ATWT also airs in that time spot and is also ahead of Days, but let's not forget that NYC is the biggest television market in the nation and tends to favor the ABC soaps...

Most schools in the NYC area tend to end at 2:30 to 3:00, so I don't see how that will tremendously impact ratings. Also, it's summer and it's obvious none of those kids at home are doing anything to help Days' ratings.

I can so see NBC affiliates gradually dropping Days if this time switch isn't successful, which will effectively be the end of Days on NBC. They're playing with fire by switching the show's traditional time spot.

Didn't Days also get a later time spot change in Chicago, earlier this year? That wasn't very effective and Chicago is another one of the nations' biggest television markets.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

For me, DAYS airs the same episode four times a day. I have satellite television. So, it would make no difference at all to me.

I do think it will impact the ratings some what. Students will still miss it for the most part, and possibly catch a glimpse of the last few minutes. But, any stay-at-home parents, will likely begin missing more it due to ex.) going to pick up kids from school. 1pm is a better timeselot because it just post-lunchtime.

King
Member Avatar

What's going to air at 1??????

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

King
Aug 8 2007, 09:38 AM
What's going to air at 1??????

According to the article, Martha stewart's show will air at 1PM now, followed by Days.

Soaps that air in the 1PM hour in the NYC tri-state area are AMC on ABC and the Y&R/B&B combo on CBS.

King
Member Avatar

I wonder if this could be good? DAYS going up against ATWT and OLTL instead of AMC/BB/Y&R?

downwhtone
Member Avatar

How good of a lead-in do u guys think will Martha Stewart be?

bellcurve
Unregistered

downwhtone
Aug 8 2007, 10:25 AM
How good of a lead-in do u guys think will Martha Stewart be?

It'll be just any other syndicated talk show. IN order for DAYS to be able to get any kind of good lead-in audience, it has to have other network daytime properties around it, supporting it. DAYS would prbably even have a better lead-in audience if they moved it to the timeslot after TODAY #4.

The show, now more than ever, desperately need the support of its fans and word of mouth, People have to know when they can tune into DAYS. If they don't the show(as we know it on NBC) is over.

Quote:

I can so see NBC affiliates gradually dropping Days if this time switch isn't successful, which will effectively be the end of Days on NBC. They're playing with fire by switching the show's traditional time spot.

I've been saying this since the PASSIONS cancellation announcement and the Chicago timeswitch. NBC obviously has a death wish out ofr DAYS, no matter who is brought on to save the show. A lot of offline/non Digest-reading viewers rely on consistent timeslots to view their soaps. If it's not there anymore, they won't be either.

It would surprise me if any major market were interested in keeping DAYS past the 2008 Olympics. I could see them immediately switching to infomercials or double-plays of syndicated programming until their new syndicated shows premiere in the fall.

Not to mention this could mess up any chance of DAYS switching networks...or rather...switching networks as the DAYS we all know and love. Low ratings=low budget at the network switch.

I'm not the cancellation doomsday speaker, I swear to God I'm not, I just see the writing on the wall.

The BEST thing Corday/Scott/Kent can do is promote the hell out of DAYS on their own. Mall tours with DAYS cast members with giveaways(like T-Shirts, kisses, etc), touching about 15-20 cities in the country, basically advertising that DAYS is still on the air and needs your support.

Put an ad out in TV Guide and their own personal pimp tools SOW and SOD basically listing all the markets and what time DAYS airs on them.

This is sad, but not surprising!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

On one hand, this could be a good thing because it's no longer up against Y&R/B&B. On the other hand, it's disrupting people's schedules (Days lost ratings earlier this year around the time of the Chicago switch) but I am also a believer that people are smart enough to find a show. I mean, if you have a cable box you can check the guide and find it. Most people do that now to read the previews that are on the guide. Plus, people are internet savvy and read TV Guide and such. Most people will learn where the show is. We'll see.

Ridge
Member Avatar

WTF! WOW, that is CRAAZY. No way are people I know going to ditch OLTL for DAYS.

WOW. just WOw.

Ridge
Member Avatar

It all feels so weird, definitely the beginning of the end. DAYS has been a 1pm ICON for an eternity it feels like.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

That's weird because it has never aired at 1:00 here in Tennessee. It has always been against either GH/GL or OLTL/ATWT where it is at now.

I think briefly for about a few months it was aired opposite AMC & Y&R but not long.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply