Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Max and Stephanie Kiss!
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 09:45 AM (1,095 Views)
Jonatha

Things heat up between Stephanie and her adoptive uncle this week. Though Max has even bigger things on his mind. "The whole week is going to be a little loony because Max feels like he's in a hard spot right now," previews his portrayer Darin Brooks.

First Jeremy finally comes clean and reveals that the side business he roped Max into is actually a smuggling operation. Max wants to go to the cops, but Jeremy says no. "Jeremy has a past with the police and one more thing on his record is not good," says Brooks. "He thinks Max has a get-out-of-jail-free card because of all of the cops in his family. So he's just worried about himself. Selfish, selfish, Jeremy."

Aboard the plane, Jett reveals he is an ISA agent. "It's the icing on the cake," sighs Brooks. Then a passenger harasses Stephanie which prompts Max to pummel him. Once in Vegas, Steph and Max get cozy in the hot tub. "I think he is starting to see that Stephanie is actually just a great girl and just caught up in the wrong people," says the actor. The two wind up in a steamy kiss which Chelsea spies.

So will the audience accept a Max/Steph hook-up this time around? "I think Shelley (Hennig, Stephanie) and I have some really great chemistry that I hope won't be too crazy for the fans," says Brooks. "Plus, it's Patch and Kayla's daughter and they kind of raised Max so there is a story there."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

I thought Hogan said he would stop the incest on this show?!

Quote:

So will the audience accept a Max/Steph hook-up this time around? "I think Shelley (Hennig, Stephanie) and I have some really great chemistry that I hope won't be too crazy for the fans," says Brooks. "Plus, it's Patch and Kayla's daughter and they kind of raised Max so there is a story there."

Yeah, and the story is gross.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This doesn't bother me that much, it does bother me though.....

It's not like they were raised together in the same home and are related by blood. If it keeps Max and his portrayer on the show, then let it be........

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

UGH, they need to recast Abby soon, that's all I have to say.

Ridge
Member Avatar

So Hogan is completely biting the bullet with his own words??

d_alias
Member Avatar

oh man..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I am shocked. Hogan was so adamant. I am going to wait and see because this very well be Corday pushing this because Max there is really no one else for Max in that age group or maybe this is setting a story up. Darin was very open about everything and it seemed like they were going to be more then friends.

Max dating his nieces never bothered me really but I think it's taking the easy way out. I know Max/Chelsea actually had a pretty solid fanbase so I guess it just depends on the person. We'll see but I hope this is nothing but a flirtation or a story point.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

*sigh*

I really didn't think we'd go back to this, especially after the show placed such great emphasis on the incest aspect of this couple. I'm hoping its just a one thing time ... a mistake.

King
Member Avatar

I am with you guys. Hogan slammed JER for the incest now he is doing himself?

Keith
Member Avatar

A few people have already said it. Hogan is a major step up in all the small ways from JER. But backpedaling like this is not winning big points with me.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 9 2007, 11:55 AM
I am shocked. Hogan was so adamant. I am going to wait and see because this very well be Corday pushing this because Max there is really no one else for Max in that age group or maybe this is setting a story up. Darin was very open about everything and it seemed like they were going to be more then friends.

Max dating his nieces never bothered me really but I think it's taking the easy way out. I know Max/Chelsea actually had a pretty solid fanbase so I guess it just depends on the person. We'll see but I hope this is nothing but a flirtation or a story point.

I tried to tell you Hogan LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING and HAS NO CONVICTIONS so his previous comments wouldn't stop him from going there with Max and Stephanie! I saw this coming from a mile away once Max got pulled into the Touch the Sky storyline. Heck even the first day on the beach that Jeremy and Jett were introduced I'm pretty sure we got a glimpse of Max looking enviously at Jeremy with Stephanie.

Now that little bit of I told you so out of the way... I am just kind of meh to this. I hated Max with Stephanie before but that's because I didn't like Shayna Rose until like her last two weeks on the show and I didn't think she and Darin had good chemistry. I prefer Abby with Max, but with her gone and Jeremy being such a tool I can potentially enjoy Stephanie with Max if it it makes her less of a brat.

And while I do think this is kind of too close for comfort even with the whole adoptive thing I simply don't care enough about the characters of Stephanie and Max to give all that much thought to whether their romance would be incestuous.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 9 2007, 02:47 PM
PhoenixRising05
I am shocked.  Hogan was so adamant.  I am going to wait and see because this very well be Corday pushing this because Max there is really no one else for Max in that age group or maybe this is setting a story up.  Darin was very open about everything and it seemed like they were going to be more then friends.

Max dating his nieces never bothered me really but I think it's taking the easy way out.  I know Max/Chelsea actually had a pretty solid fanbase so I guess it just depends on the person.  We'll see but I hope this is nothing but a flirtation or a story point.

I tried to tell you Hogan LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING and HAS NO CONVICTIONS so his previous comments wouldn't stop him from going there with Max and Stephanie! I saw this coming from a mile away once Max got pulled into the Touch the Sky storyline. Heck even the first day on the beach that Jeremy and Jett were introduced I'm pretty sure we got a glimpse of Max looking enviously at Jeremy with Stephanie.

Now that little bit of I told you so out of the way... I am just kind of meh to this. I hated Max with Stephanie before but that's because I didn't like Shayna Rose until like her last two weeks on the show and I didn't think she and Darin had good chemistry. I prefer Abby with Max, but with her gone and Jeremy being such a tool I can potentially enjoy Stephanie with Max if it it makes her less of a brat.

And while I do think this is kind of too close for comfort even with the whole adoptive thing I simply don't care enough about the characters of Stephanie and Max to give all that much thought to whether their romance would be incestuous.

We really don't know how far this will go nor do we know if it's Hogan's doing so I am not ready to eat crow yet. Hogan does not lie about everything but I am not going to get into another in defense of Hogan post, especially on this board.

To me, this has Corday or Wyman written all over it. I would think ES would put the kibosh on this anyway so it's a moot point.

It may be nothing more then a flirtation. We'll see.

King
Member Avatar

They should just write Max off. Darrin rocks, but Max is pointless. He has had no good storylines from day one, and he's been backburnered and wasted. Just put him out of his misery and write him off.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Enough with the damn incest!!! So sad to hear Hogan going back on his word!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 9 2007, 03:54 PM
IMissAremid
PhoenixRising05
I am shocked.  Hogan was so adamant.  I am going to wait and see because this very well be Corday pushing this because Max there is really no one else for Max in that age group or maybe this is setting a story up.  Darin was very open about everything and it seemed like they were going to be more then friends.

Max dating his nieces never bothered me really but I think it's taking the easy way out.  I know Max/Chelsea actually had a pretty solid fanbase so I guess it just depends on the person.  We'll see but I hope this is nothing but a flirtation or a story point.

We really don't know how far this will go nor do we know if it's Hogan's doing so I am not ready to eat crow yet. Hogan does not lie about everything but I am not going to get into another in defense of Hogan post, especially on this board.

To me, this has Corday or Wyman written all over it. I would think ES would put the kibosh on this anyway so it's a moot point.

Fair enough. I don't know for sure it's Hogan's doing and I concede it could be Corday or Wyman's handiwork. It doesn't change the fact that it still shows this show seems to lack convictions and you can't really trust anything TPTB say in print because there doesn't seem to be a cohesive vision that you can count on the show to stick to.

Also, I'm just curious what makes you think that Ed Scott would shut this down? Is there a similar instance at Y and R that you can point to or just a hunch or what because I'm just thinking about how I thought I read that Y and R was toying with a Devon-Lily pairing?

Quote:

They should just write Max off. Darrin rocks, but Max is pointless. He has had no good storylines from day one, and he's been backburnered and wasted. Just put him out of his misery and write him off.

ICAM, King.

Come on Vegas plane crash. And if they're gonna kill him off soon then full steam incest ahead so we can get the extra dramatic impact when Max dies in Stephanie's arms.

I would also be up for him being a victim of another Andre serial killing spree if they wanted to go that route.

Days4Life
Unregistered

King
Aug 9 2007, 03:03 PM

I agree. Max is pointless and always has been. And an incest storyline with Stephanie is a very bad idea; I hate it. I agree with IMissAremid--we need a plane crash or a serial killing to clean out some of these useless characters.

Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

It didn't bother me under JER and it doesn't bother me now. At the same time, it doesn't excite me and I won't be tuning in for it....not because I think it's sick but because I could care less about the characters.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Very bad idea. I will never like that. So much for Hogan being so against pairing Max up with his nieces. Gross!

Ridge
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
IMissAremid
PhoenixRising05

Hogan has yet to deliver on anything he promised. You can't just automatically blame everything that gets changed in the writing on Corday! If it is him, which it may very will be, then Hogan needs to say something! For all we know his job is on the damn line anyways.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 9 2007, 06:21 PM
PhoenixRising05
IMissAremid
PhoenixRising05

Fair enough. I don't know for sure it's Hogan's doing and I concede it could be Corday or Wyman's handiwork. It doesn't change the fact that it still shows this show seems to lack convictions and you can't really trust anything TPTB say in print because there doesn't seem to be a cohesive vision that you can count on the show to stick to.

Also, I'm just curious what makes you think that Ed Scott would shut this down? Is there a similar instance at Y and R that you can point to or just a hunch or what because I'm just thinking about how I thought I read that Y and R was toying with a Devon-Lily pairing?

Quote:

ICAM, King.

Come on Vegas plane crash. And if they're gonna kill him off soon then full steam incest ahead so we can get the extra dramatic impact when Max dies in Stephanie's arms.

I would also be up for him being a victim of another Andre serial killing spree if they wanted to go that route.

Exactly IMA. In regards to ES, he just won't go for that kind of thing. I can see it bothering him. He isn't the type of guy to let that slide and, if he has as much power as believed, if this turns into a full fledged thing he will end it ASAP.

Ridge...Hogan has delivered on quite a bit, especially early on before January. I am not blaming everything on Corday. I love the show and Hogan but if you read some of my posts I acknowledge that Hogan has made some mistakes this summer. I just know Corday and Wyman and I can tell which things are right up their alley. I doubt his job is on the line and Hogan already spoke in June about how his hands were tied over the winter. If his job is on the line, that is unfair since Corday and NBC basically fucked him over on everything.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply