Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Thursday
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 12:36 PM (540 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thursday, August 9
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted Image

[DOHTML]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJKQ5HLBXjI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJKQ5HLBXjI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/DOHTML]
I miss Vivian. :(

DISCUSS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OK I may post more on the rest of the episode later, but I have to start off just on the EJ/Sami/Lucas portion... WTF?!?!

Obviously I found these scenes pretty obnoxious as an EJ fan who had wanted a lasting and real redemption for the character and to see the trust between Sami and EJ rebuilt, but more than that this episode annoyed me as a general "Days of our Lives" fan.

When did Days get campy again? Wasn't Hogan trying to move away from that? Because I'm sorry if I couldn't help giggling throughout the ridiculousness of this episode with EJ slowly popping up from behind the box, the slow-motion lurking around the meat slabs to find the hideous Kate doll, Lucas being so stupid he sticks the knife in the wire and electrocutes himself before the awkward sizzle as he falls to the floor (if he was so cold why didn't he borrow some clothes from the Kate doll?), the silly fantasy sequences and the close up on Lucas's hand at the end... OMG!!!! SO STUPID.

Yet while from an immediate chuckle standpoint these scenes provided me with a laugh at how bad they were, they also really brought forth a lot of longheld frustrations I've had with this show that I frankly just don't know if I'll ever see going away as long as Hogan Sheffer holds the pen at Days.

Quit jerking the viewers around already! If Lumi is your couple, don't show EJ and Sami in bed together in a much more romantic setting than Lucas and Sami got for their honeymoon and don't hint at EJ and Sami being fated together in the dialogue and don't create romances featuring lookalike ancestors of EJ and Sami. If EJami is your couple, then don't undermine all the redemption and goodwill EJ built up all the past few months to have him NOW OF ALL TIMES finally get around to putting Lucas on ice because I'm pretty sure you're all set in obstacles when it comes to this couple as far as the whole DiMera thing and her accusing him of rape goes. Just grow some balls and get some convictions and stick with it already because you've clearly demonstrated Sheffer you don't know how to write a real love triangle, only a love pingpong table. If you write a good enough story the viewers will keep watching and if you don't have enough confidence in your abilities to keep all of the viewers watching even when their favorites are backburnered or in situations they don't like, then you have no business writing this show.

Honestly, has there ever been a worse love triangle than EJami/Lumi on Days? I just don't get what Sheffer thinks he's going to accomplish with this crap. It doesn't make me dislike EJ or feel sorry for Lucas if that's what he's hoping to do with this episode because the plot is too ridiculous and disjointed to have any emotional impact, and if he thinks this is how I want to see EJ win over Sami's heart then he's sorely mistakened on that account. Once again we have EJ desperately scheming underhandedly to try to become a part of Sami's life and we have Lucas once again as the emasculated and helpless doofus in distress and we have Sami, a once strong and shrewd and street smart character, stuck as a watered down and weepy victim yet again. Does anyone want to see this? I'm curious if this can even be truly an enjoyable episode from a Lumi fan standpoint when your guy is lying there unconscious and Sami has to save him again? I mean, yeah, you may get to gloat for now about the TRUE nature of EJ but I can't help but think you want a little more for your couple's storyline than this rehash of Sami and EJ needed for Lucas's rescue for the THIRD time by my count (besides Dec. 29 there was also the fire at his and Carrie's apt. that EJ and Sami rescued Lucas from). This thing is just going in circles and needs to move forward already.

And the most sad thing of all is that this stupid plot point has apparently been in the works for quite a while as Lucas foreshadowed it all in what seemed to be a throwaway line in the episode a month ago when the first of the Colleen and Santo letters arrived.

Quote:

"I know," says Lucas, "Your neighbor could be a really nice person and the next thing you know he's got a freezer full of people-pops chillin."

Simply dreadful.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't see what was campy about Lucas/Sami/EJ? I thought it was well-don. I am more LUMI fan then EJAMI but I do like EJAMI and I thought the scenes were fine. I like seeing evil EJ back, although he seems conflicted over what he did. I think he did that in response to Stefano challenging him and his and Kate's comments about him not being a man. JS played that scene well and ALI was great today. I really liked the Sami/Lucas fantasy. Good scene.

Enjoyed the Sami/Roman scenes as well as Bo, Hope, and Roman. Peter looked like he was in so much pain but he is such a trooper. Good to see J&M and B&H on and involved. Can't wait for Bo and Hope in Ireland.

I loved seeing J&M with Belle. Good scenes. These are the scenes that make Days feel like Days. Loved them.

Shawn/Lauren was interesting. I like this baby story.

Today was a pretty good show. This week has been a simple week but a good, classic soapy week IMO.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I loved EJ today! I don't approve of what he did, but it was planned out well. The only aspect that EJ needed to plan out better was, how to prevent Kate from figuring it out. That didn't take very long, at all.

Belle and Shawn are going to face such a downfall soon. After all this time, they still can't go on to be honest with one another. I am however glad that Shawn decided Lauren to get lost, and that he's not getting mixed in her with her shenanigans.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Other thoughts about this episode...

I did like the Sami/Roman scenes today quite a bit. This storyline really has let JT shine as much as any I can remember during his time on Days. I liked Sami's feistiness and I'm curious about the recurring theme of Sami dead set on evening the score as well as Roman's cryptic comments about Sami becoming a DiMera if she acts on her violent impulses.

The John and Marlena scene with Belle was good. That was a good family moment today I thought. As was Bo and Hope with Roman.

Thanks to Peter Reckell for being such a trooper being back with his injury and I'm excited to see what's in store for Bo and Hope in Ireland, although it did amuse me that not only was everyone wearing the same clothes they were wearing in the rest of the episode in EJ's fantasy this time but also Bo had his arm in a sling. How would EJ's subconscious know about the injury?

Shawn is still full of crap lying to Belle about how confused he was and how he needed to catch his breath because as soon as he found out he was Claire's father they were on the run. Um no, Shawn, actually as soon as you found out you were Claire's father your first act was to decide to shack up with a sociopathic hooker rather than be with your daughter and supposed soul mate... which makes his sanctimony over Lauren talking about leaving her son even more laughably hypocritcal. But yay for them finally bringing Lauren back, I guess. I like her so far. This show needs more beeyotches, even if she and China Lee aren't likely going to be permament fixtures in Salem.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 9 2007, 12:38 PM

Honestly, has there ever been a worse love triangle than EJami/Lumi on Days? I just don't get what Sheffer thinks he's going to accomplish with this crap. It doesn't make me dislike EJ or feel sorry for Lucas if that's what he's hoping to do with this episode because the plot is too ridiculous and disjointed to have any emotional impact, and if he thinks this is how I want to see EJ win over Sami's heart then he's sorely mistakened on that account. Once again we have EJ desperately scheming underhandedly to try to become a part of Sami's life and we have Lucas once again as the emasculated and helpless doofus in distress and we have Sami, a once strong and shrewd and street smart character, stuck as a watered down and weepy victim yet again. Does anyone want to see this? I'm curious if this can even be truly an enjoyable episode from a Lumi fan standpoint when your guy is lying there unconscious and Sami has to save him again? I mean, yeah, you may get to gloat for now about the TRUE nature of EJ but I can't help but think you want a little more for your couple's storyline than this rehash of Sami and EJ needed for Lucas's rescue for the THIRD time by my count (besides Dec. 29 there was also the fire at his and Carrie's apt. that EJ and Sami rescued Lucas from). This thing is just going in circles and needs to move forward already.

And the most sad thing of all is that this stupid plot point has apparently been in the works for quite a while as Lucas foreshadowed it all in what seemed to be a throwaway line in the episode a month ago when the first of the Colleen and Santo letters arrived.

Quote:

"I know," says Lucas, "Your neighbor could be a really nice person and the next thing you know he's got a freezer full of people-pops chillin."

Simply dreadful.

I agree with you Aremid even as a mostly Lumi fan, Sheffer has ruined them and I think he has ruined EJami also. For years I wanted Lucas and Sami together but not this way. I am not a big EJ fan (as you all may have noticed from other posts) but I don't hate him either. Just dislike the way he is written. Dislike the way most of my favs (and the general show) is written. I haven't seen today's episode as I work all day, but from your description, I won't enjoy it. If Sheffer was going to give the men their penises back, he forgot Lucas and Sami too!

Days4Life
Unregistered

At least today I got to hear EJ call Sami "sweetheart". For some reason I get all tingly when he calls her that!

Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I LIVE for campiness in soaps...especially Days, so I actually liked the Lucas/Sami/EJ stuff.

King
Member Avatar

To quote Sheridan from PSNS:

Go to God, Lucas!! Go to God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Aug 9 2007, 12:53 PM
I don't see what was campy about Lucas/Sami/EJ? I thought it was well-don. I am more LUMI fan then EJAMI but I do like EJAMI and I thought the scenes were fine. I like seeing evil EJ back, although he seems conflicted over what he did. I think he did that in response to Stefano challenging him and his and Kate's comments about him not being a man. JS played that scene well and ALI was great today. I really liked the Sami/Lucas fantasy. Good scene.

Enjoyed the Sami/Roman scenes as well as Bo, Hope, and Roman. Peter looked like he was in so much pain but he is such a trooper. Good to see J&M and B&H on and involved. Can't wait for Bo and Hope in Ireland.

I loved seeing J&M with Belle. Good scenes. These are the scenes that make Days feel like Days. Loved them.

Shawn/Lauren was interesting. I like this baby story.

Today was a pretty good show. This week has been a simple week but a good, classic soapy week IMO.

You don't see the campiness?

If JER didn't invent it, he PERFECTED the daytime fake-out "no-it-didn't-really-happen" 5-minute scene. And the EJ scene where he embraced Sami after she learned Lucas had "died" (the fakeout) was SOOOOOOOOOOOO JER it's not even funny, lol.

And sorry, but putting Lu in the meat truck was UBER-campy. (So campy you have to use the word "uber.")

And the Lucas/Sami fantasy scene was just CHEESY.

I don't know what Hogan's doing, and I'll admit I liked the meat truck scenes, but I'll say this: "Days" NEEDS to get a gothic, weirdo story that's truly something to get people talkin' again. Ed may try, but he'll be hardpressed to make the soap popular with '00 fans who mostly probably joined the show during the whacked out JER era.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The fantasies were somewhat campy but the actual meat truck scenes didn't feel like it to me.

I disagree that Days needs to be campy. It can be shocking but also character-driven and traditional. It doesn't need to revert to JER-style to win fans back. It just needs to be compelling soap with the right characters involved.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't think it is a worry of whether they will be competition because we know they won't be since more people have network than do satellite. But it is the fact that for the ones who do they will have to choose in that area which show they want to watch.

Remember many Days fans are Passions fans too - due to the fact that many didn't turn Days off and just continued into Passions. So those fans will have to choose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply