Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 01:16 PM (630 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

SOW
Jeremy reaches a turning point.
Nick's new "wife" gives him an ultimatum.
Kayla and Steve Adjust to parenthood.
Lucas comes to a numbing realization.
Things heat up between Max and Stephanie.

Next week
Steve babysits. Steafano is taken to the hospital. Shawn has a surprise for Belle. Max thinks he's about to get lucky. Nick is faced with new responsiblilites.

SOD

Andre is up to his old tricks.
Max defends Stephanie
Phillip and Shawn have it out.
Lucas comes to numbing realization
The walls close in on Jeremy

On Friday, August 17, Tony clues in EJ about the contents of the tabernacle.

Second Chances
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The only stuff I really look forward to is the Steve and Kayla stuff.

King
Member Avatar

It doesn't sound bad, but it all sounds so unfamiliar. What show is this? LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What is so unfamiliar? :lol:

Kayla, Steve, Lucas, Max, Stefano, Bo, Hope, Shawn. Belle...all faces that are known Granted, BB has only been on about a year but still.

I mean, it would be different if it were just the Touch the Sky crew and Shelle but the vets are mixed in. Next week does sound alot better then originally thought.

King
Member Avatar

It just doesn't seem like DAYS to me. Can't explain it, but I don't think I'm alone.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I understand King. The characters are there and the faces are the same on many of them but what is being show is so unfamiliar and does not seem like Days.

It is a concept that not only you but MANY Days fans are feeling. Even though some can't see it - it is there.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I like that the phillip story is about to include Steve and Kayla..But the rest of these spoilers are kind of lackluster...At least Bo and Hope get some action in Ireland..But this feud storyline really needs to get more interesting very quickly..It seems like when Hogan thinks its getting boring he just throws in a bomb scare..How many bombs have we have over the past few months?????????

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SteveFrame
Aug 9 2007, 04:16 PM
I understand King. The characters are there and the faces are the same on many of them but what is being show is so unfamiliar and does not seem like Days.

It is a concept that not only you but MANY Days fans are feeling. Even though some can't see it - it is there.

IMO a lot of it has to do with Hogan writing characters to fit his plots rather than writing plots to fit his characters so even if the faces are the same you're constantly going ummmmmmmmmmmm he wouldn't do that or she wouldn't say that. And it's not just like he changed the characters immediately when he started but he's changing them episode to episode and storyline to storyline to suit his purposes so you can't ever trust there will be any emotional payoff or there is any point to the things he has them doing other than the melodrama of that particular moment.

Just think of all the characters he's fucked with, both for good or bad, but mostly bad in not even a year of his work showing up on screen.

-Sami has gone from self-destructive selfish schemer Brady black sheep to weepy and emotional doormat/wannabe savior of her family.
-Chelsea has gone from self-destructive selfish schemer to bratty and boring user of men.
-Stephanie has gone from cynical yet soulful girl with daddy's issues to bratty, pathetic slut with daddy's issues.
-EJ has gone from dashing race car driver man of mystery to cartoony megavillain business tycoon to some Superman-Lancelot hybrid to ???
-Kate has gone from the baddest bitch in Salem to Stefano's whore.
-Stefano has gone from a man obsessed with Marlena and his children to a child abuser who never thinks of his queen of the night ever.
-20 years of Tony history were wiped away to be pinned on Andre.
-Lucas has gone from proud mama's boy with an attitude to clueless idiot pussywhipped by Sami.
-Phillip has gone from noble war hero/husband to psycho childstealer with roid rage to dreamboat rich boy.
-Steve has gone from amnesiac to psycho assassin to clown to good family guy.

Yeah it's just giving me a headache to think about all of them so I'm just gonna stop here even though I know there's more.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Damn, IMissAremid. You hit the nails right on the heads :lol:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yeah but some of those changes were long overdue.

Tony has been saved, Sami and Chelsea are finally acting like mature grown ups and not like 10 year olds, EJ is turning into a Tony0like character faced with inner conflict, Kate is getting layers now, and Philip is back to how he should be now.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 9 2007, 11:16 PM

Well too bad no one at DOOL seems to share my concerns, Drew. :lol:

And Phoenix, why should Hogan deserve any credit for getting Phillip and EJ back to where they should be when he was the one who ruined them for several months in the first place just to prop Lumi and Shelle? Or was that Corday's doing as well? Maybe Esenstem and Brown?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 12:29 AM
DrewHamilton

And Phoenix, why should Hogan deserve any credit for getting Phillip and EJ back to where they should be when he was the one who ruined them for several months in the first place just to prop Lumi and Shelle? Or was that Corday's doing as well? Maybe Esenstem and Brown?

We all know who's doing it was. It was pretty obvious from the SOD articles and don't even get me started and B&E. Ugh :angry:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 12:53 AM
IMissAremid
DrewHamilton

We all know who's doing it was. It was pretty obvious from the SOD articles and don't even get me started and B&E. Ugh :angry:

Actually I don't know who's doing it was because I think both Hogan and Corday are liars. But I do know that Ken Corday was the EP before Hogan was hired and EJ and Phillip were not written to be psychos until after Hogan Sheffer was hired so pardon me if I am gonna go with Hogan at fault on that one. Unless you want to tell me that was B and E's doing. Because that I could potentially buy because of the timeline of their tenure at DOOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 01:04 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 12:53 AM
IMissAremid
DrewHamilton

Actually I don't know who's doing it was because I think both Hogan and Corday are liars. But I do know that Ken Corday was the EP before Hogan was hired and EJ and Phillip were not written to be psychos until after Hogan Sheffer was hired so pardon me if I am gonna go with Hogan at fault on that one. Unless you want to tell me that was B and E's doing. Because that I could potentially buy because of the timeline of their tenure at DOOL.

Corday has a track record of lying. Hogan we have no proof of so that alone puts me on his side.

B&E were trash and Days begin sinking when they were brought on. I still think the Steve story was all them. The whole thing was similar to over the top things they did on other shows they worked on. They both also could've very well helped in making EJ and Philip the way they were. They were on the writing team, afterall.

I am not absolving Hogan of everything but the man is an emmy winner 4 times over and is working at one of the most popular soaps ever. Would he really put his reputation on the line by continuously lying and providing so many inconsistencies?

I know many on this board hate Hogan's guts and hate Days right now but let's be fair and sensible. I am not his apologist but look at Corday's track record and all the facts. Hogan isn't perfect but for him to fuck up so many times like this and to do half the shit he takes flack for is something I can't buy but, again, I'm in the minority here.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Max, back away from your niece!

Sorry, I know Max is adopted but he was raised knowing Stephanie as his niece. I was okay with Chelsea because they didn't know about her and they weren't raised as uncle/niece.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I really don't think anyone on here hates Hogan..I think we are just disappointed in him..We suffered through JER for so long, then the news of Hogan was like a godsend..He's done some great stuff to the show during the tenure..but it could be so much better...Its sad when i'm more excited to watch the Luke/Noah scenes on ATWT than Days..I just want Hogan to finally step it up, and show us he's an emmy winning writer..Hopefully Ed Scott will be of some help, and a new possible co-headwriter..

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Aug 10 2007, 01:18 AM
I really don't think anyone on here hates Hogan..I think we are just disappointed in him..We suffered through JER for so long, then the news of Hogan was like a godsend..He's done some great stuff to the show during the tenure..but it could be so much better...Its sad when i'm more excited to watch the Luke/Noah scenes on ATWT than Days..I just want Hogan to finally step it up, and show us he's an emmy winning writer..Hopefully Ed Scott will be of some help, and a new possible co-headwriter..

:lol: Actually, after today's episode, I realized I do *HATE* Hogan. Before I was just disappointed in him but didn't want a change in HW because I wanted the show to have stability more than anything. Now I want him fired.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 10 2007, 01:18 AM

They do Kev. Most of this board does, not to mention the SONY board which is full of people who have hated Hogan since day one.

Your one poster who is always sensible and always seeing some positive in the show. I think that is great and it's why I respect you as a poster and enjoy reading your thoughts. It's just when all people post is negative stuff left and right it gets to be repetitive. There has to be something positive that one sees. Anything. Hell, mention how you enjoyed a set in an episode. Anything to keep from every post being nothing but tearing things apart.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

But it's the freedom of posting, Phoenix. Not everyone has to post about what they like about the show. If these people want to post negative comments, it's their right, as members to do so. You, nor anyone else should judge them. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

That's fair, Drew, and I agree.

I wasn't judging anyone. I just think it wouldn't hurt occasionally to post about something positive. It always seems like all I see is doom and gloom from some or ripping apart things left and right. I don't ever remember so much of that in the past. I used to see posts that were negative but once in awhile you would see something optimistic. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply