Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD/SOW tidbits
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 01:16 PM (540 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Thank you Drew. No one on DR should be judged about anything they post - whether it be negative or positive. Some people are all positive and some people are all negative in regards to the shows they watch. That is why we have discussion boards.

As I said in another thread I am a positive person pretty much in real life. I dwell on the positive nature of things to keep my attitude and my spirits up. But when I go to message boards and post I expect to be able to be both negative and positive.

And I am never going to be one where when I post I am going to be both negative and positive in every thread. If soemthing is great and that is what overwhelms me when I watch then I am going to post about it.

Wednesday on ATWT Lucinda was so great that she outshone everything negative about the show that day. And when I posted that day she was on my mind adn ATWT got all praise that day.

A few weeks ago the show was actually fairly good that day but they fucked up the ending and that is what was on my mind when I posted and that is what I focused on.

That is my right as a poster. Every one has their own style and that is why we have message boards. And no one on a message board should ever be made to feel guilty because they feel the way they do about a show.

And I ahve been waiting to say this for a long time. No one should ever be told that if they don't have anything positive to say about a show then why do they watch it. Fans of all shows should be grateful to anyone who watches their show these days with the rating situation as bad as it is, and they should never make anyone feel like they have done something wrong for coming to a board and posting something negative about a show they love.

I do not go into any daily thread for any show and post everyday. I never have and I never will. I post somewhere on DR every day but usually it is not in the daily discussion threads. There are some days that even though I watched I just don't feel that passionat enough about it to post.

If I don't love a show or care about a show in some way then I am not going to waste my time posting about it. So even though I may post negative comments at times or even often does not mean I hate the show or that I should quit watching it.

Sorry end of rant.

Again Drew very well put and thank you.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I wasn't judging anyone and if, anyone feels that way, I am sorry. I am not the type of person who does that nor I do I ever want to. I also don't set out to belittle or disrespect anyone so, if anyone feels that way, I am sorry.

I will back off. There will be a new PhoenixRising05 from now on.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh Kev you mentioned watching the Luke/Noah scenes on ATWT. I just learned a little while ago that Peter Brash in on the writing staff at ATWT now and he wrote the script today that featured Luke and Noah's first intense moment.

ATWT has Brash and Jean Marie Ford both now. Ford has been writing some excellent scripts at ATWT. 3 of her scripts have aired and they were wonderful shows. Days loss is definitely ATWT's gain. And today I didn't get to see all of ATWT but Brash was in fine form with today's script.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 02:32 AM
I wasn't judging anyone and if, anyone feels that way, I am sorry. I am not the type of person who does that nor I do I ever want to. I also don't set out to belittle or disrespect anyone so, if anyone feels that way, I am sorry.

I will back off. There will be a new PhoenixRising05 from now on.

PR,

I don't think anyone - at least not anyone that I know of wants you to change who you are.

Just don't get so offended when someone is negative about your show. There is nothing wrong with you being positive about Days or any show. Just as there is nothing wrong with others posting negative.

It is a back and forth thing. It is healthy for both sides to be shown. I don't agree that they have to be shown in every thread and they don't even have to be shown every time someone posts.

Somedays there just isn't anything nice to say about some shows. I commend you for looking for the positive but when I watch TV even with shows I love I don't watch to see how I can praise them that day. I watch to be entertained and if I am not entertained I am not going to see the positive and it is not going to stick with me. Even with shows I love like ATWT or Days - it just ain't gonna happen.

I am sure if I looked hard enough I am sure I could find something to be positive about but when I watch TV I don't want to have to look for it. It had better be right there in front of my damn face or the show failed on that aspect.

I could definitely say any day that Maura West, Peter Reckell, Jon Hensley or Kristian Alfonso are on that they looked great or their ass was fine and that would be something positive. But again I point out I watch to be entertained by the story and if that is not there then even the best looking performers or my favorite performers being on is just not going to give me a positive approach to the show.

So no I don't think you have to become a whole new person. Just let posters be posters and do what they are here to do. Don't be so defensive about it. They love the show as much as you do. And showing both sides is healthy. But I disagree that there has to be something positive everytime someone posts to outweigh the negative.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I'm positive the show is in the toilet! :lol: Just kidding.
I think there are both positives and negatives about any show. I didn't have any preconceived notions regarding Sheffer as I never watched any shows he wrote for. I haven't watched any other soaps than Days in many years so it is all I have to go by when it comes to writing. I must confess to never paying much attention to the writers until I discovered some of these wonderful internet sites. (And some not so wonderful). All of you posters here have such insight into the behind the scenes stuff that I am constantly in awe. I have learned a lot about the writing staff - such as breakdown writers and script writers. Sorry if I am rambling but it's my birthday and I am old!!! :lol: I was excited about Sheffer from many of the comments when it was first announced he was coming to Days as I knew nothing about him. Now I find some of his stuff a disappointment but other thing enjoyable. I usually just go with the flow because watching Days from almost the beginning you just learn to go with it. I will wait and see. I can't imagine my day without it anyway, good or bad. I would just like good story and dialog. I really enjoy all the opinions whether I agree with them or not - both negative and the positive.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply