Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:CDN TV Guide spoilers for wk of 8/20; *updated 8/10*
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 10:06 PM (844 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Monday
Steve is hurt when Kayla asks Hope to watch Pocket instead of him; Nick is stuck with China Lee's kids when she is arrested.

Tuesday
Chelsea suggests that Nick put China Lee's kids in foster care; Jenna takes revenge on Max.

Wednesday
Belle tells Shawn that Philip is not interested in her; Bo, Hope, Marlena, Doug and Julie gather to read a new batch of translated letters.

Thursday
Sister Anne tries to expose Colleen's secret affair with Father Mallory; Tony tells EJ that Stefano has been brought to the hospital.

Friday
EJ summons Stefano's children to the hospital; Nick learns Chelsea's going to the beach with Jett.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Who the fuck is Jenna? :blink: I hope it's a potential love interest for Max, only until Abby comes home that is. ;)

Here comes more complaints that the vets are only on to read the letters. I really hope they get something more to do soon.

Ohhh, looks like the story is starting to progress with the Colleen/Santo storyline.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

WHAT?!

COLLEEN AND FR. MALLORY?!

Now this story got interesting. I hope this Jenna chick is a Max love interest so that the incest complaints are put to rest. Part of me thinks Max gets involved with her and uses Steph to make her jealous.

These sound great.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

What the hell are they doing putting characters like China Lee, Jenna (who the fuck is she), Sister Anne and Father Mallory in the daily spoilers?????? Do those people make fans want to tune in..Stupid execs..Hopefully Ed Scott can fix this.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Aug 9 2007, 10:06 PM
Monday
Steve is hurt when Kayla asks Hope to watch Pocket instead of him; Nick is stuck with China Lee's kids when she is arrested.

Tuesday
Chelsea suggests that Nick put China Lee's kids in foster care; Jenna takes revenge on Max.

Wednesday
Belle tells Shawn that Philip is not interested in her; Bo, Hope, Marlena, Doug and Julie gather to read a new batch of translated letters.

Thursday
Sister Anne tries to expose Colleen's secret affair with Father Mallory; Tony tells EJ that Stefano has been brought to the hospital.

I still can't believe they named the baby Pocket as it still reminds me of Michael Jackson's Blanket every time I see it in a spoiler.

How obnoxious is it that Nick is getting used and abused by a woman again. It's pretty sad when they have to start adding short-term characters to the show to use him because all the ones in Salem already have apparently.

Looks like Belle is in denial about Phillip. yawn. pick up the pace with this triangle already.

The exposing of Colleen's affair one I think must just be a typo or worded poorly.

It could mean Sister Anne works with Father Mallory to expose Colleen's affair. Or I suppose Sister Anne could think Colleen is sleeping with Father Mallory when it's really Santo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 10 2007, 12:23 AM
What the hell are they doing putting characters like China Lee, Jenna (who the fuck is she), Sister Anne and Father Mallory in the daily spoilers?????? Do those people make fans want to tune in..Stupid execs..Hopefully Ed Scott can fix this.

I don't think it's a big deal, especially when we get other spoilers and hardly anyone but online fans read these and, if online fans do read them, chances are they read other spoilers too that feature other characters.

These spoilers are usually vague at best but this time they are quite surprising IMO.

I hope it's not a typo IMA. That would definitely be shocking if she did have an affair with him.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 12:50 AM
Kevc1980

I don't think it's a big deal, especially when we get other spoilers and hardly anyone but online fans read these and, if online fans do read them, chances are they read other spoilers too that feature other characters.

These spoilers are usually vague at best but this time they are quite surprising IMO.

I hope it's not a typo IMA. That would definitely be shocking if she did have an affair with him.

Well I hope it doesn't happen because IMO it would be stupid Phoenix because it would totally go against everything we have been told and shown about this Colleen who is a novice who is so afraid of kissing the man she loves because she is so committed to God for her to have an affair with her priest.

Just because something is shocking doesn't mean it should happen.

I'm fairly certain this is just a poorly worded spoiler or a typo, just like when the CDN tvguide spoilers seemed to say that Stefano was the father when really that episode was just EJ telling Stefano that he had found out Sami's twins were his (EJ's).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 12:55 AM
PhoenixRising05
Kevc1980

Well I hope it doesn't happen because IMO it would be stupid Phoenix because it would totally go against everything we have been told and shown about this Colleen who is a novice who is so afraid of kissing the man she loves because she is so committed to God for her to have an affair with her priest.

I'm fairly certain this is just a poorly worded spoiler or a typo, just like when the CDN tvguide spoilers seemed to say that Stefano was the father when really that episode was just EJ telling Stefano that he had found out Sami's twins were his (EJ's).

Well, people said they wanted this story to get a kick in the ass so this would do it. It would make sense and this story needs something shocking. I hate shocking just for the hell of it but this would fit IMO. Perhaps she had an affair with Fr. Mallory and then decided to become a nun to make up for her sins? Maybe she was still having the affair while falling for Santo and that is why she was so hesitant about falling for him? It wouldn't ruin what they have told us thus far at all.

It could be a typo but I hope it isn't. We'll see.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 01:01 AM
IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 12:55 AM
PhoenixRising05
Kevc1980

Well, people said they wanted this story to get a kick in the ass so this would do it. It would make sense and this story needs something shocking. I hate shocking just for the hell of it but this would fit IMO. Perhaps she had an affair with Fr. Mallory and then decided to become a nun to make up for her sins? Maybe she was still having the affair while falling for Santo and that is why she was so hesitant about falling for him? It wouldn't ruin what they have told us thus far at all.

It could be a typo but I hope it isn't. We'll see.

The people who want it to get a kick in the ass don't want more characters we don't know injected into the mix they want to see Colleen and Santo have sex already or Colleen die or both so we can get on with things.

And yes it would absolutely ruin what they have told us so far because it would mean that this girl is not the inexperienced and sheltered and pious and innocent thing Colleen has been made out to be so far. And it would cheapen the romance of the story of this innocent girl who finds to her chagrin she just can't resist the allure of the worldy older experienced irreverent man. It would make her a phony slut pretty much and it wouldn't make any sense for Santo to care about her so much to spark decades of war against the Bradys to avenge her if she was sleeping around.

But I'm not going to argue with this any more Phoenix because I know this is a typo so it's not really worth it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Your right. It's pointless.

I am thinking of taking a break from posting anyway. I can't be the only one being positive around here anymore. All it does is cause me grief.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 01:22 AM
Your right. It's pointless.

I am thinking of taking a break from posting anyway. I can't be the only one being positive around here anymore. All it does is cause me grief.

Oh now don't let me run you off.

I'm just in a pissy mood and you're the only Hogan apologist I could find tonight... or most nights. ;)

But seriously I promise I'll leave you alone now because I do like reading your posts even if I don't agree with them all the time.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 10 2007, 01:25 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 10 2007, 01:22 AM
Your right.  It's pointless. 

I am thinking of taking a break from posting anyway.  I can't be the only one being positive around here anymore.  All it does is cause me grief.

Oh now don't let me run you off.

I'm just in a pissy mood and you're the only Hogan apologist I could find tonight... or most nights. ;)

But seriously I promise I'll leave you alone now because I do like reading your posts even if I don't agree with them all the time.

It's not you, IMA.

I enjoy you alot and I love debating with you. I'm probably the only Hogan apologist on here, although I don't think of myself as a apologist for him. Days apologist for sure though. I'm just not sure if Mr. Optimistic can take on so many anti-Hogan people here. I can't help how I am or what I think or like. I post about it and maybe I shouldn't. I just would like to see some positive things once in awhile instead of all the negativity. Hell, even if that means one saying they liked the color of a blouse it's something.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Like my signature says, I'm a Hogan Ho. I have been since his first day on the show. He and his team have turned this show around into a more believable, real soap. Long gone are the DAYS where we have constant flashbacks and repetitive dialogue. Yes, Hogan has his favorites, but what writer doesn't? As a whole, the show has come a long way in the positive side. However, the majority of DAYS fans aren't used to Hogan's kind of writing, and they're turned off by it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good point, Drew.

I remember that was a big deal last year when Hogan was announced to be coming. Many feared his writing would be a turn off to those who grew up seeing Days as a campy, over the top soap. Very few 90's fans like what we are getting now or what they see clips of before JER. I think that is why people feel the show is unrecognizable. It's because they aren't used to it being so grounded. It's understandable but I think it was needed.

Hogan is not perfect and I do think a strong co-HW who knows the show could help him alot, along with more writers who know the show being on the writing team. I also think ES will help so we'll see. I just think the show is on the right track and just needs a little bit more help.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I don't think it's that simple that you can pigeonhole the people who are unhappy with the show right now to say they don't like it because they aren't used to Hogan's writing style or they miss the over the top, campy Days.

Obviously I enjoyed 90s Days, but it's not the camp that I miss when I tune into this show and I don't think it's the fact that I'm not used to Hogan that makes me dislike the show under him.

I simply don't trust him at the helm of this show I care a great deal about because of everything that has happened on this show since he became head writer. Obviously for me a big part of that is what he did to EJ's character, but more than that it's how disjointed and jumpy everything has been since he took over from all the dropped plot points to the character 180s to the introduction of characters who showed up then vanished (Connor Lockhart, Ned Starks, Benjy DiMera) to the longterm characters who have been written out poorly (Victor, Abby, Mimi).

What I miss from my memories of the time that I fell in love with the show is not the camp, even though I did enjoy that, but it was the feeling of getting lost in a story and trusting that there will be some beginning, middle and end to it with some sort of emotional payoff or resolution as my reward for getting invested in it and that plot points won't be dropped left and right. I miss an attention to detail and to the integrity of characters who you could trust would still have certain core characteristics from episode to episode, storyline to storyline but wouldn't be contorted beyond recognition to fit specific plots or scenes. I miss romance. I miss strong women characters who don't have to be written to be a slut if they enjoy sexual freedom and don't have to be written as crazy if they have a mind of their own. I miss the evil bitches, too. I miss the sense that the head writer has an overall vision for his storylines and the show as a whole. These are not things that I have gotten to my satisfaction from Days of our Lives as penned by Hogan Sheffer.

eta:

And the maddening thing of this is I actually agree with you, Phoenix, that the show does have the pieces in place and doesn't have to be that far away from working and with a better co-HW and SWs who know the show and its characters they could make a world of difference. Because all the characters I want to be on the canvas are there, it's just no one can paint them accurately enough and in a pleasing enough pattern with the consistency I want. I just don't have faith that Hogan Sheffer will ever get it right though at this point.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ANGIE, I love the avatar! LOL.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

To Phoenix and Aremid - you both have valid points. I have noticed that the writing staff has changed several times since last year and since I am not as familiar with the writers as most of you on this board are, I may be mistake about this, but I don't see many names on staff that have been with Days long, that may be familiar with Days history except Beth Milstein. That may be one reason for some of the inconsistencies that we are seeing. Just my opinion.
Phoenix, don't quit. You either Aremid.

King
Member Avatar

Sounds pretty good, I guess. I dunno anymore.

The good spoilers always end up being disappointing on screen anymore, and the bad spoilers end up being surprisingly enjoyable.

Who knows.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Very good post Aremid, and very well written. You nailed it all on the head. It is not the camp but the other stuff. I grew up with a grounded Days under William J. Bell, Elizabeth Harrower, Ann Marcus & Pat Falken Smith. It is the Days I love. Sheffer has brought some of that back but he fails miserably with so many things that leave such a bad taste with missed plot points, dropped plot points, lack of romance, and way too much that happens off screen.

Again excellent way to put things.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 10 2007, 12:22 PM
Very good post Aremid, and very well written. You nailed it all on the head. It is not the camp but the other stuff. I grew up with a grounded Days under William J. Bell, Elizabeth Harrower, Ann Marcus & Pat Falken Smith. It is the Days I love. Sheffer has brought some of that back but he fails miserably with so many things that leave such a bad taste with missed plot points, dropped plot points, lack of romance, and way too much that happens off screen.

Again excellent way to put things.

Thanks Steve. :)

FWIW I really liked the points you made in the SOD/SOW tidbits thread last night, even if I am not saying so until now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply