Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
All: Crossovers on your soaps; Who would you like to see
Topic Started: Aug 9 2007, 10:36 PM (715 Views)
oakdalelover

In the past there have been some crossoverson the soaps:

Y&R's Michael Baldwin went to Oakdale (ATWT)
AW's Cass Winthrop has been on ATWT and GL.
ATWT's Ali visited Amber (ugh) on Y&R.
Y&R's Cane called Brooke.
Linda Dano was on all the ABC soaps at one point as Gretal.
Dr. Hardy (GH) wnet to OLTL.

Who would you like to see mix it up on the soaps?

What about Barbara Ryan (ATWT) batting those eyes at Eric at ForresterCreations making Stephanie mad?

Lucinda visits Alan and Alex on GL?

Reva giving Gloria and Jill a run for their money?

Your thoughts?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NikkiSmith

Naaaah! The men in Pine Valley are kinda... limp... if ya know what I mean. In Port Charles they're either old and wrinkled (like Monica Rivers' circus elephants) or gay and pretending to be Bible Thumpers (Steve loves my dildo-shaped earrings)

Scott
Member Avatar

I think OLTLs Kevin Buchanan would make a good crossover to GH. Think about it, Buchanan Enterprises giving ELQ a run for its money. It would have been great if Asa could have found a home at GH. I could see Asa and Edward going at it.

For the benefit of her character, Skye should go back to either OLTL or AMC. She has so much more history on those shows and she could flourish there.

I would love to see Jade pop up in Genoa City and cause some trouble there. She could come in as a model for Lauren's newly created line. Maybe pair her up with Daniel and give Lily a run for her money!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't think I would necessarily want a big crossover for a big story like AMC/OLTL did with the baby switch or even like they did with Rae.

I guess I want more of a harkening of the old days when minor characters floated back and forth from time to time.

I can remember Steve Hardy leaving GH and going to OLTL during Meredith's illness to treat her.

Paul Martin came from AMC to defend Vicki on OLTL of murder.

Or like Mitchell Dru did in the early days of AW, ATWT, and Brighter Day.

Just various small crossovers that would tie the soap community but not be so tied together that it blurred things too much. I know during the baby switch storyline there were several times when characters from Llanview would be in Pine Valley and they would be in one setting at the end of AMC but in another one at the opening of OLTL. The two shows didn't work together well on those things.

I like Cass Winthrops short little crossovers when needed. I wished he had been used during this WorldWide story at ATWT.

I would have liked to have seen maybe at some point a tie in with maybe Lucinda trying to take over Spaulding or vice versa. That might have been an interesting story.

And I would have definitely loved Forrester getting interested in hiring Barbara Ryan or using her designs. That would make an interesting cross story.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I love crossovers...I like Amber being on Y&R, I loved the baby switch, I liked it when Cane called Brooke, I love the Sheila/Lauren crossovers...I just think it's a great use of continuity. During the baby switch, I watched AMC and OLTL every day, which I hardly ever do with a soap (normally I alternate day to day depending on what's good).

I think it would be interesting if GH's Helena went to Pine Valley (Which I could've seen with McTavish considering she wrote for her quite a bit at GH). Maybe Luke, Nikolas, and company ran her out of town so she needed to relocate. Can you imagine her feuding with Adam?! :lol:

d_alias
Member Avatar

I really liked the AMC & GH crossover
between Anna & Robin & Mac that happened on AMC.

they never do crossovers with the LA & NY shows anymore.

bellcurve
Unregistered

I agree with you, Steve. A permanent crossover is okay, and a stop by for something work related is okay, but tying an umbrella story to two shows really homogenizes them and makes them both seem the same or one show seem less important. It's obvious that the AMC/OLTL crossover was a pimp tool for AMC at the expense of OLTL.

As for crossovers, I'd like to see PGP do more crossovers with their characters. Can you imagine someone from Bay City crossing over occasionally to check on a chain restaraunt/shop they own that someone manages? Like Carlino's, for example? I remembered watching an ATWT scene where Simon and Katie(?) went to Bay City and they had a Carlino's takeout bag with them. Little things like this would be cool.

As for my favorite crossover, by far Stuart Damon on PC. He was almost like a series regular on the show, with as many appearances as he had on PC. And his crossover made perfect sense.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oooh, I LOVE this topic! Personally, I'm a fan that loves soap crossovers!

I'd love to see Sheila from Y&R/B&B come to Salem on DAYS. It goes without saying that it could only be Kimberlin Brown, of course.

I really like the idea of ATWT's Lucinda going toe to toe with GL's Alexandra and Alan, and cross paths with Reva. That would be awesome.

I'd love to see GL's Olivia in Oakdale on ATWT. I think she would make a great friend/ally for Carly and/or Rosanna.

I'd really enjoy a triangle with DAYS's Kate and Julian and Ivy from PASSIONS, so maybe Kate could move to Harmony, and start an East coast branch of Mythic or something.

I don't know, I have tons of ideas, just can't think of them all, LoL.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Me who writes crossovers all the time on my blog would love to see a crossover.

Have Helena come to Days and team up with Stefano!!!!! :D

DramaKing
Member Avatar

best ever, IMO is Lauren to B&B. It all just worked out so well with Shiela already there, Laurens friendship witht he Forresters worked, and shes in the fashion world so why not? i loved it.

Marlena from Days to Y&R
Sami from Days to GH... with Lucky. or Jason!

Sonny & Victor in a scene together...

I think Olivia from GL and Lauren from Y&R would be great as friends

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Sami from Days needs to somehow interact with Kendall from AMC, learn a few things on how to be married and interesting.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I had this fantasy crossover where Tony Dimera (now Andre) from Days goes over to Passions and tells Alistair what a fucking amateur he is.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

OneBadKitty
Oct 26 2007, 07:45 PM
I had this fantasy crossover where Tony Dimera (now Andre) from Days goes over to Passions and tells Alistair what a fucking amateur he is.

When Passions was on NBC, I always wanted to see a kind of parade of guest stars from other soaps as guests at Grace's inn. I really wanted characters in outlandish storylines (like the revived fetus on AMC) to visit and see if they would seem normal comparing stories with the people of Harmony.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I would love to see some of the primetime shows crossover or vice versa. I loved when CBS did the movie years ago (can't remember name) and characters from GL made appearances in it. Then occassionally too sometimes other stars have done that from time to time - like Nikki, Kay, Nate and a few others from Y&R on The Nanny.

I think it woudl be great promotion for daytime especially.

I would love to see the Nip/Tuck doctors do a visit to one of the shows esp. now that they are in California maybe someone from B&B could go to them.

Or a story where someone runs away on a show, goes to New York, gets into trouble and either do a crossover with Law & Order or Law & Order: SVU. The story could even conclude with a special primetime episode on the primetime show.

I think that would all be neat.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, primetime crossovers would be a GREAT way of attracting new viewers to soaps! Loves it!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply