Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Friday
Topic Started: Aug 10 2007, 12:59 PM (987 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Friday, Aug. 10
DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Unfrozen Caveman Lucas saga continues...

Posted Image

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This storyline with Lucas just lacked intensity. He did okay with the scenes, but there was just a sense of drama lacking. Maybe I missed scenes in between, but how did Sami end up finding the truck? Was it by locating Lucas' car?

As well, DAYS didn't air here (Canada) today. I don't know why. I didn't tune in until about 5 minutes after it should've begun. So, I'm under the impression it won't be airing in the US on Monday.

King
Member Avatar

OMG! Phillie are the best non-romantic couple on this show since SOLE! They're hilar!

Philip: He had some peas. And there's a carrot. So, we know what he had for dinner last night. Who cares?
Billie: It's DNA, ya dufus!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tyler Kiriakis is so adorable.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Aug 10 2007, 01:28 PM
OMG! Phillie are the best non-romantic couple on this show since SOLE! They're hilar!

Philip: He had some peas. And there's a carrot. So, we know what he had for dinner last night. Who cares?
Billie: It's DNA, ya dufus!

I loved them too. Did anyone notice how many times Billie made fun of Phillip. She called him a dufus a moron an idiot lol all in one eppy.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

LOL. They are sooo funny. I love Julie Pinson.

When did Shelle get so boring? Geeze Louise. They're like a 90 year old married couple. Their biggest obstacle is Philip buying Belle a new wardrobe?

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

King
Aug 10 2007, 01:39 PM

When did Shelle get so boring? Geeze Louise. They're like a 90 year old married couple. Their biggest obstacle is Philip buying Belle a new wardrobe?

MEMO to Hogan: If you want a good Shelle obstacle, bring back JAN!!!!

King
Member Avatar

I like this girl playing Lauren. She has soap bitch written all over her.

ITA, Jinxed. The baby is sooooooo cute!!

King
Member Avatar

psychofan
Aug 10 2007, 01:41 PM
King

MEMO to Hogan: If you want a good Shelle obstacle, bring back JAN!!!!

OMG! I'd LOVE that! I miss her.

King
Member Avatar

Well, this week was pretty good, considering the state of things lately.

If it didn't have those flashbacks/Santeen crap on Monday, this week would have been really good.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I loved the line with Billie calling Philip a dofus. I was about to post the same thing. I really like these two. Why do they have to be related. *sigh* I guess I do like they are finally sharing scenes together. I love seeing Julie Pinso back. She is so hot!

Yawn- Shelle
Kayla wanting that baby. Why did they have to call the police to repot the mother abandoned the baby, like she would be charged with something. You would think that Salem USA has a safe haven. Or whatever it is called that you can drop your baby off at specific places and not have to answer to anyone about it.

I can't believe I am so tired of the EJ/Sami/Lucas s/l. I jsut wish they would move EJ on from this. He could be doing so many more things.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Nixsoaps
Aug 10 2007, 01:09 PM

I can't believe I am so tired of the EJ/Sami/Lucas s/l. I jsut wish they would move EJ on from this. He could be doing so many more things.

I'm with you on this. If we're not getting Sami/EJ, then move EJ into a more worthwhile storyline. I'm tired of the back and forth. EJ as a character can stand on his own, or pair him with Billie or bring on someone new...the fan wars are getting so heated that I'm thinking EJami isn't even worth it. If the writers want to ignore some of the best chemistry DAYS has had for years, let 'em do it. I'm so frustrated by this flip-flopping storyline!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I enjoyed a big portion of this episode, but was bored by the rest..I loved the Phillip and billie, and Kayla, Abe, Lexie scenes....this baby storyline has totally rejuvenated the show for me...I'm so glad that Phillip has a story outside of Belle and Shawn, and i love that the Lauren surrogate thing wasn't just dropped..Shawn's explaination about Mimi, Bonnie, and Lauren really made sense..Bonnie was the one who was financing the whole thing and since she's in jail, she can't do anything about it...

Kayla finding the baby was great, and i'm glad they brought Abe and Lexie into this..I think this will be a perfect story for Steve and Kayla, filled with lots of emotion...

Belle and Shawn were boring until the last two scenes, when shawn fessed up about Lauren...

And i fastforwarded Lumi and EJ..I love all 3 of those characters, but i've ODed on them this year...and now they bore me..Even when the scenes should be exciting..

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Hey, Hogan, how about checking to see what's going on on the other nine soaps before you do a story JUST like One Life to Live's Todd/Tommy saga. Idiot.

That being said, I did enjoy the Philip/Billie scenes and I really love Steve-less Kayla. I wish they'd get rid of Steve and have Kayla either solo or find a new man because he really doesn't work for me.

Shelle was a snooze fest.

Ali was great in her scenes. I loved the Lumi reunion. EJ...don't even get me started on him.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Shawn and Belle desperately need a storyline, or they need a break. This Lauren storyline is just not cutting it for them.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Like others, I am finding myself surprisingly intrigued by this baby storyline. I just wish they called the baby something other than Pocket. I loved Kayla with the baby and also Kayla with Lexie today, even though I don't remember ever thinking the Kayla-Lexie scenes that remarkable when Lexie was her nurse before she disappeared. I guess it's just nice for the change of pace aspect.

Phillie are so great together I wish they would work together at Titan or something. They could have Phillip let Billie take back Countess Wilhelmina or something and give this show a workplace setting again now that Mythic and Max's garage are gone. So nice to see JKJ in scenes away from Shelle and I wish they would use Phillip more because he is showing now that he works great with Billie just like he was great with EJ when those two were scheming together. As for Billie, I admit when I first heard they resigned Julie Pinson I was disappointed because I don't see her working with any current man in Salem (I know Billie is known for her desperation but would she really go for EJ when she knows EJ slept with her mom and also believes he raped her sister-in-law ... and when he's not already a married man? LOL) and I wanted them to trim some fat to make room in the budget and storylines to keep Leann Hunley around. Now these eps have me glad Julie is here to stay I guess but I just wish Billie wasn't related to everyone. If only we could swap Frankie for Max or they brought Jack back with Abby in the fall and Jack and Billie could have a little something going. I think Matt Ashford and Julie Pinson could be fun.

Shawn and Belle are tiresome. I hate that the show has them fighting over money when we all know Belle is loaded as the daughter of John Black.

I *LOVE* Lauren so far though and hope she sticks around for a little bit of an extended run. I don't want them to put her in every story the way they did Willow before, but every soap can use a screwed up psycho girl and with Willow dead that torch has gone uncarried for too long.

The ice truck segment again was annoying as hell for pretty much all the reasons I stated yesterday, but somehow it was even worse today seeing the dragged out closeups of the hand for the second day in a row and Lucas seemed extra flour-battered.

It also pissed me off that they had a really stupid piece of dialogue thrown in the scene where EJ made a joke to Sami about not wanting to save Lucas a third time. Actually DOOL writers, though EJ has only been in Salem 14 months or so, today was ALREADY THE THIRD TIME he has saved the life of the doofus in distress.

Of course the first time was from the fire in Carrie's apartment that EJ had nothing to do with and so the scene actually showed him being a good Samaritan and rescuing Lucas simply because Sami asked him to so and failing to pretend that never happened might actually require them to acknowledge to viewers that EJ wasn't always the 100 percent self-interested scoundrel that Hogan has made him out to be since taking over, so they just went with the line that was most convenient to make EJ look bad and have Sami pretend like she hates him all over again.

I wish Mike Cohen had got to be one of the SWs for these episodes so the ice truck crap might have actually been interesting and had depth and showed more EJ conflict about what he is doing if they are going to take him in another direction so it would seem like they are giving EJ back his sinister edge but with shades of gray rather than going all bad, but alas that wasn't the case and Bettina Bradbury was on the job so we got to have the rape brought up again like always. I really wish I couldn't tell the difference from SW to SW on this show, but when it comes to EJ/Sami/Lucas it's STRIKING and ANNOYING the lack of continuity in how the characters are written.

Because according to Bettina Bradbury, Sami has to protest that EJ is irrelevant to her and she is afraid of him. Yet when Jodie Scholz writes it's hinted in the dialogue that EJ and Sami are fated together and Sami tells Hope that she believes that EJ has changed and remembers him as her friend who accepted her like no one else had. I know Sami is pregnant so she is going to be emotional but at this point I wish she could take time out from the feud to seek treatment for her bipolar disorder.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Jinxed Soul
Aug 10 2007, 01:31 PM
Tyler Kiriakis is so adorable.

Oh, he is! Adorable baby. He looked so sweet when he was sleeping.

I am sick of Shelle too. I don't really care what happens with them at all. I wouldn't care if they both left the show at this point.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I love Philip and Julie together. Great brother/sister duo. Tyler Kiriakis is the most adorable baby. Gee, sigh, how fortunate at least to get to see him on screen growing for a while.

Lauren is intriguing because she is different than the usual Days sort. I think she did well considering she could have done many wrong things that she didn't showing she takes care of herself and cared enough to take good care of Tyler, too. Shawn is lower than low to not have talked to Philip about this and got him and Lauren together but Lauren did the acceptable thing by taking the baby to Salem University. I hope Philip brings her back.

Lucas is now "be gone" to me. He grates on me worse each appearance. There was something strange about that whole episode, just didn't belong, either what happened or the dialog.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King

:lol:

You said it.

I used to love Shelle (I mean, come on -- that's the pairing with Da BEEMA!) but now... they're just...well, let's put it this way, for THREE episodes, this week, I literally fell asleep during "Days." (And they weren't the reason all three times, but at least two they were.)
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Little Tyler is adorable. This baby story has major potential and it's great to see Steve/Kayla getting good story and for Philip to be doing something other then being a third wheel to Shelle. Abe/Lexie being involved is a major plus, especially given their history with adopting a child. Good history nod there. This is something I can see Hogan doing well with.

Shawn and Belle were boring until he was honest about Lauren. Philip and Billie are great together. Pinson is gold and she is good with one-liners. She just needs a story to call her own and a love interest too.

Lucas/Sami/EJ was dramatic at first but simmered towards the end. AS and JS did good though and I liked the Lucas/Sami reunion.

I didn't like the way the episode ended either. Days needs to get in the habit of more Friday cliffhangers because they haven't had many lately.

Wow...I just made 3 negative comments in a Days post. YAY!! :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply