Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Frank Parker News; and more
Topic Started: Aug 10 2007, 02:24 PM (1,617 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks to Jonatha for finding this!

Rumor has it Frank Parker (Grampa Shawn) has been fired.....and will last air in the next couple of months. He is not expected to be the only casualty of the DiMera/Brady war.

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/6540.html

UPDATE:

Wendy at SNS has confirmed this info, and said he may be re-signed as a day player.

She also said that Suzanne Rogers, Peggy McKay, and others may be affected too.

Thaao and Leann have short-term contracts but may return if the storyline dictates.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Woohoo! This is great news. Shawn's death has been a gold mine that DAYS could have capitalized on for years now and never has. It can make this feud be worth while too! (The story needs a huge kick in the butt.)

Sad for Parker though. :( He could still come back for dreams and whatnot and still be used/on as much as he is now, though.

Thanks, Ang!

King
Member Avatar

PS. CAROLINE AND VICTOR!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

yayyyyyyyyyy. C'mon Andre serial killing spree.

Days4Life
Unregistered

This has been a pretty bloodless feud so far since no one ever stays dead, and this is the obvious choice for the sake of drama.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Seriously, the brady side needs a big death to shake things up..and if not Grandpa Shawn then Roman...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I feel bad for Frank but he has health problems as well so I don't think he will be too upset.

The feud needs to have impact and killing off the Brady family patriarch is a good way to do it. I am glad to hear he won't be the only casualty, although that worries me too. I had a feeling Shawn Sr was going to die after his scenes when he left the Pub to go to Ireland. It had foreshadowing written all over it IMO.

It also opens the door to Caroline/Victor, which I would love.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Well, we have been asking for good drama and this would help.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

This will definitely be big drama. In years past and in another soap opera environment in time I would get my hopes up for Victor and Caroline but I can't now because I feel it will never happen. I feel after the impact of the death goes that Caroline will go further on the back burner. And it has nothing to do with just Days but with the whole soap opera environment where it is considered a faux pas to show old people in love.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

King
Aug 10 2007, 02:37 PM
Woohoo! This is great news. Shawn's death has been a gold mine that DAYS could have capitalized on for years now and never has. It can make this feud be worth while too! (The story needs a huge kick in the butt.)

Sad for Parker though. :( He could still come back for dreams and whatnot and still be used/on as much as he is now, though.

Thanks, Ang!

I have been predicting this since the re-start of the fued, and I think it is a good decision. It was raise the stakes, and free up the budget a lil bit.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

LMAO. So many people I know have been wishing for his death. I'm glad. I know he's significant to the history of the Brady/Dimera story, but apart from that, I see no reason for him on the show anymore. Plus, he seems so bent out of shape.

Deleted User
Deleted User

So, let's see: is THIS the "OMG" story that was rumored? LoL. Because I'm STILL waiting for that.
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Yes, it'a just a rumor and not a new one. Frank Parker has wanted out for years so I doubt that he would need to be FIRED. When he got married a couple of years ago, he wanted to go. I sure can see wanting to do real life things rather than little things that tie up days and hours of your time, not only location wise.

We all know Andre is dying "again" Most likely Colleen "dies".

I'd hate a Caroline and Victor pairing. It would be traitorous to her generation.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wendy at SNS has confirmed this info, and said he may be re-signed as a day player.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Then if he is going to be signed as a day player then Shawn is most likely not killed then. Surely they wouldn't go to the effort of bring Shawn back from the dead or giving him a double when soaps are not interested in using actors of his age anymore.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

She also says that Suzanne Rogers, Peggy McKay, and others may be affected too.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I have been just waiting for the news anyday that both Peggy McKay and Suzanne Rogers will be going to recurring or be fired.

Just from what Suzanne said on the One Day With show on SoapNet, I would look for her to look for work somewhere else if she is put on recurring. She said on there when she was fired she almost lost her house. Without a guaranteed paycheck coming in, she would be in the same boat as she was when she was fired.

I have not been able to figure out how Days could maintain all the high salaried vets they have. I figure they consider Parker, Rogers and McKay the most expendible.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Angie79
Aug 11 2007, 10:41 PM
She also says that Suzanne Rogers, Peggy McKay, and others may be affected too.

Damn, they must really have to free up their budget, eh?

I must say though, if Days fires Rogers again, I'm beyond done with the show. I know she hasn't been utilized in years, but she is a legacy character.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Peggy McCay and Frank Parker were recurring for a long time and then upped to contract status. Returning both to recurring would seem like a smart move as we rarely see them anyway. There was a rumor way back when that they were selling out and moving to Ireland.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply