Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Thaao posted 8/10
Topic Started: Aug 10 2007, 08:42 PM (460 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Dear Friends,
just to let you know that the visit to Chicago fell through because of a sponsor backing out.
Will be leaving at the end of the month for Turkey and Jordan and will be back in the middle of Sept.
Must say some of the shows have been a great challenge...especially with Andre...some shocking but fun. Two of our producers were let go last week. I think you'll see a big change in the show. Especially int the acting and lighting. Our new producer is hands on...coming from Y&R. Ed Scott is great...And blessed to have him.
Sorry about Bart but that's something we all have to adjust to. I'll miss him. But its great working with Joe...he really is family to me. And a wonderful actor.
Hoped you liked the fencing. There is one show that is a shocker. And playing it difficult. When you see it you'll know what I'm talking about.
So let me know your thoughts and will be in OZ for Xmas and get a chance to see Lee.
Love Thaao

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Changes in acting and lighting? YES! YES!

I was watching Days yesterday, and the 'acting' in EJ's fantasy about Lucas dying was downright laughable by Ali Sweeney. I hope she's coached soon, because she's driving me up a wall right now.

The lighting is something that's needed to be fixed for a while now. The show is too bright, it has no mood lighting. Chez Rouge, for example, is all bright from front to back. There are no dimly lit areas to add texture and mood, which is something I've greatly missed since the 90's. MOOD LIGHTING!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

"And blessed to have him. "

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Thaao, if you're going to be in the public eye and post, expect criticism.

This sentence made NO sense, grammatically.

*sigh*
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thaoo is really great about talking to his fans and being so open.

He gives great scoops and it seems interesting things are on the way.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thaao is going to be gone for a couple weeks it sounds like? Does DOOL usually have some sort of Labor Day hiatus? I would think if they were still taping during that time that Thaao would be needed. Hmmm.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 11 2007, 11:50 AM
Thaao is going to be gone for a couple weeks it sounds like? Does DOOL usually have some sort of Labor Day hiatus? I would think if they were still taping during that time that Thaao would be needed. Hmmm.

They probably get either the Friday before or day after Labor Day off, in addition to the holiday.

Thaoo will probably be offscreen for like a week or so since he isn't on everyday. If they really need him, perhaps he will pre-tape some stuff like some actors do.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

He has become pretty central to the show now, so a week could be a long time!

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Aug 12 2007, 08:43 AM
He has become pretty central to the show now, so a week could be a long time!

I agree and I'm getting some very cautious vibes here. Not liking what Thaao had to say. Trying not to read through the lines.

King
Member Avatar

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! The lighting has been AWFULLLLLLL for years! I want it to be dark and dramatic like Y&R.

cassie1013

LOL thank god, the lighting is soo fucking bad. It makes DOOL like like a cheap set sometimes, Y&R's is much, much better.

And yes, ali had some bad acting moments as of late. Not good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply