Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days spoiler; Baby's name spoiler
Topic Started: Aug 12 2007, 03:31 PM (554 Views)
dayz_fan

Hi, I'm new here and it's my first day posting. Anyway, Steve and Kayla decide to name their baby... Pocket. What were they thinking?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Where did you find out about this? Any link?

If they do choose to name the baby Pocket, I'm sure it has some sentimental value.

cassie1013

That's wack.... I'll believe it when I see it. And I thought that it was Phil's baby named Tyler?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It is only a nickname. :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

cassie1013
Aug 13 2007, 03:55 AM
That's wack.... I'll believe it when I see it. And I thought that it was Phil's baby named Tyler?

The baby's name is Tyler. But, the Johnson's don't know that they have Phillip's baby. To them, its just a lost child with an unknown identity.

Ridge
Member Avatar

So DAYS is going the OLTL route. It's not like the storyline on OLTL is so unique but this does stand out because it is one of OLTL's biggest stories right now. Weird. Pocket sounds cute. The baby is adorable.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

The nickname is POCKET MAN, actually.

I watched today's Canadian episode, and the Johnson's do really well with Pocket Man. Stephanie is jealous though, and is pissed that her parents might give her old room to the little boy, even though she doesn't live there anymore. She feels she is being replaced.

King
Member Avatar

I could actually totally see Steve calling him that, and it being cute.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Is was pretty cute, King. He pulled it off so well.

Steve says to the baby: "what's wrong there little, Pocket Man?"

Deleted User
Deleted User

Am I the only one who's worried about this child's well-being by their calling him Pocket? Don't get me wrong, I hope and pray that Stayla fall in love with the baby and get to keep it (and even Philip dies, lol); and I don't know the psychological implications of giving a baby a nickname so early, especially knowing the child may leave and have another home, where he'll have ANOTHER name -- but couldn't this be confusing for the child? Couldn't it cause irreparable harm? These are the things I worry about. :(

Having said that, if the name STAYS as Pocket, I'll be happy. It's one of those cool "only on soaps" names; one of the little touches that reminds us why we watch soaps, because you're not likely to get a cool name in the other mediums. But Pocket, Thorne, Fancy, Pretty, etc etc... they're just cool.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

WARNING: SPOILERISH OF TODAY'S US EPISODE:

JSF, that's exactly why Steve kept emphasizing that the living arrangement is only temporary. In today's US episode, we don't see who exactly decided on the nickname Pocket Man, but she becomes very attached to the child. She buys a whole lot of baby stuff, and is clinged to him. Steve sits her down and asks her if she will be okay when the little one has to leave and she says yes, but he doesn't believe it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply