Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT Weekly Discussion (Aug 13-17)
Topic Started: Aug 12 2007, 04:21 PM (767 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Last Week on ATWT: Will and Gwen were stunned when Barbara told them Paul is alive. Barbara refused when Will and Gwen wanted her to tell Meg that Paul is alive, reminding them that Meg is on the enemy's (Craig's) side. Lucinda was surprised when her attempt to get the WorldWide board members to oust Meg (she's the new owner) failed. Meg tore up the annulment papers that Craig gave her. Paul told clinic officials he was Craig when he went to see Rosanna, who is in a coma. When Paul begged Rosanna to wake up, she opened her eyes and said his name as he was leaving the room. A doctor warned Paul that Rosanna might not remain conscious. Lily admitted to Holden she's been distant and lonely since Rosanna died (everyone thinks she's dead). In Idaho, Jack and Carly found the cabin where Silas and Ava were holding J.J. hostage, but they also ended up being Silas' hostages.

Classic Picture:

Posted Image

ATWT on the cover of TV Guide. I forget the year of this but it was for one of their anniversaries of leading the Daytime Nielsen Race.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I can't stand Iris. What an awful woman. I loved Gwen and Will telling her off.

Cole, Sofie, Aaron...definately FF material.

Austin Peck is DEAD SEXY! Oh my God, he is definately my #1 soap hunk now. I want to see what's underneath those boxers. Dammit, Austin, get some nudes on the web!

Cylus is such a creep. I hope Jack or Carly kills him.

I loved the Carjack action.

I also really like the character of Kit, even though it looks like she's definately a foe of Carly's on the next time preview. :lol:

oakdalelover

I am with you that I don't like Iris or Cole and Sofie.

I wish they could have come up with something more original.

They are making changes in their writing staff. I can only hope things will get better.

psychofan
Member Avatar

oakdalelover
Aug 13 2007, 09:42 PM
I am with you that I don't like Iris or Cole and Sofie.

I wish they could have come up with something more original.

They are making changes in their writing staff. I can only hope things will get better.

What kinds of changes exactly? I always get nervous when that happens.

For me, there's a difference between my hate for Iris and my hate for Sofie/Cole. With Iris, it's love to hate. I don't FF her scenes because I love to hate her. With Sofie and Cole...I can't tell you a thing that happened with them today because I was watching them in fast motion. :lol:

oakdalelover

psychofan
Aug 13 2007, 09:55 PM
Quote:

What kinds of changes exactly?  I always get nervous when that happens.

For me, there's a difference between my hate for Iris and my hate for Sofie/Cole.  With Iris, it's love to hate.  I don't FF her scenes because I love to hate her. 

They have added two writers formerly from DOOL to write scripts:Jeanne Marie Ford and Peter Brash. They are actually quite good.

Elizabeth Page, a script writer,left to go to OLTL. Mimi Leahey,another SW was gone today. David Levinson,a breakdown writer was bumped down to writing scripts.

There are rumors that Anna Cascio , a breakdown writer and Christopher Whitesell, a Co-Head writer are on the way out. Possibly Lisa Connor, another BDW will leave.

Courtney Simon,the story editor is rumored to be retiring.

You know,I know that Iris is Gwen's and Cole's mother but I wish they would take her out of always interfering and scheming in their marriage and give Iris an adult story.
Have her tangle with Barbara or Lucinda. Let her take a second look at Tom and get Margo upset. Have her try to con Lisa.
Terri Garber is a good actress. I wish they'd use her to her full potential.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Great comments everyone. Just a reminder to all the ATWT folks. Get into the DR Top 20 and get your votes in. I mean it too. LOL

oakdalelover

I loved the fight between Carly and Kit the bar owner yesterday.
I could have done without Brad and Katie.

psychofan
Member Avatar

oakdalelover
Aug 15 2007, 10:36 AM
I loved the fight between Carly and Kit the bar owner yesterday.
I could have done without Brad and Katie.

I loved the Kit/Carly fight too....although I was kind of hoping that Kit would help her.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I thought today's show was dreadful...LOL. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar

^ It was definately lacking without Carly. I enjoyed the Rosanna/Paul stuff and the Iris/Cole/Gwen stuff....but that's about it.

oakdalelover

OakdaleU
Aug 15 2007, 11:46 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I thought today's show was dreadful...LOL. :lol:

Welcome OakdaleU!!!!

Please jump in and post often. We need more ATWT representation!

Don't forget to vote in the DR polls!!!

I missed Carly on yesterday's show. Maura West has such great chemistry with everybody she is with! She could probably interact with that stupid confederate flag in that Idaho bar and make it interesting! :D

Spoilers for today and tomorrow look very good.
Why do they do that though? They should spread their good stuff throughout the week!

OakdaleU
Unregistered

oakdalelover
Aug 16 2007, 10:16 AM
OakdaleU
Aug 15 2007, 11:46 PM

Welcome OakdaleU!!!!

Please jump in and post often. We need more ATWT representation!

Don't forget to vote in the DR polls!!!

I missed Carly on yesterday's show. Maura West has such great chemistry with everybody she is with! She could probably interact with that stupid confederate flag in that Idaho bar and make it interesting! :D

Spoilers for today and tomorrow look very good.
Why do they do that though? They should spread their good stuff throughout the week!

Thanks James.....It's Ron here. Maybe I should have stayed with Soapsuds...LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

:D I just knew it was you!!

Again,welcome,buddy!!!!!!

OakdaleU
Unregistered

oakdalelover
Aug 16 2007, 10:35 AM
:D I just knew it was you!!

Again,welcome,buddy!!!!!!

Thanks and it is nice to see you again James. :D
Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

SteveFrame
Aug 12 2007, 04:21 PM
Classic Picture:

Posted Image

Steve or anybody:

I was looking at that classic TVG cover. It is one of my favorites.

I have tried to identify everyone. I am not sure about the two ladies on the top. I think one of them was Simon Gilbey's niece or ward,Meredith that was involved with Tom
Also ,one of the girls in the next row down.

Bottom Row:
Santos Ortega (Pa Hughes)
Helen Wagner (Nancy Hughes)
Don MacLaughlin (Chris Hughes)
William Johnstone (Judge James Lowell)

Next row up
Peter Galman or Tom Tammi (Tom Hughes)
Eileen Fulton (Lisa Shea)
Rosemary Prinz(Penny Wade)
Rita McLaughlin(Carol Demming)

Next row up
Ethel Remey (Alma Miller)
Fran Carlson (Julia Burke)
Henderson Forsythe (David Stewart)
?

Top Row
?
Jery Lacey (Simon Gilbey)
Larry Bryggman (John Dixon)
?

I know that is Tom next to Lisa but am not sure which actor. I know it isn't David Colson.

Any corrections or guesses on the three unidentified ladies?

oakdalelover

A better show today!!
I loved the Nuke and Maddie scenes and the scenes with Luke and Aaron!
Maddie is in for a fall! Let's hope she doesn't freak out pick up her sister's old knife and it is Raven Lake II:The Sequel! :D :D

Cady is one of the most beautiful women in daytime. And Rosanna! You look good after being out of it for about 2 years.

Barbara was good in her scenes with Meg and Craig. Coleen's lisp is not noticeable as it once was.

Vienna (and Henry) are the proud owners of Al's. Maybe Vienna can call that other spoiled princess,Lizzie Spaulding in Springfield and compare notes. She just beame the owner of a dive too.Well,Al's is a better establishment.

Vienna! Reminds me of the Joan Crawford movie:Johnny Guitar. She played the owner of a sloon and gambling hall and was named Vienna!

psychofan
Member Avatar

Awww and I didn't even tivo today....I did OLTL instead. I read the recap on my Time Warner Cable and since I didn't see Carly and I did see Vienna...I was really turned off. Even though the Rosanna/Paul stuff is great.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Remember the Top 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support ATWT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vote vote vote and I mean it

OakdaleU
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Aug 17 2007, 04:06 PM

Tell me where. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

OakdaleU
Aug 17 2007, 09:24 PM
SteveFrame
Aug 17 2007, 04:06 PM

Tell me where. ;)

http://z7.invisionfree.com/DaytimeRoyalty/index.php?c=8 :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply