Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Feud Rumor
Topic Started: Aug 12 2007, 09:33 PM (762 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Fact: A folio is found inside the tabernacle that dictates the exact condition to end the fued between the DiMeras and Bradys. Tony tell EJ that the condition might help him win Samantha.

The condition will be that a Brady woman must marry a DiMera heir.
This ties into the spoiler about Sami making a decision that costs her.

WeLoveTonyDimera
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Question: If there's a vendetta against a family that requires decades of fighting...why would you not share the reason behind that vendetta? If it's a secret, how're the people targeted going to learn?

Also, if this is condition for ending the feud...just...why not just be nice? Unless it's, like, "trick a Brady woman into marrying a Dimera heir."

Although this would be funny to see, if it's not just a rumor. The ultimate punishment: marrying a Dimera.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Didn't Stefano say in the very beginning that his terms for calling off the vendetta was Sami marrying EJ? Are we supposed to be surprised and shocked by this?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Aug 12 2007, 10:09 PM
Didn't Stefano say in the very beginning that his terms for calling off the vendetta was Sami marrying EJ? Are we supposed to be surprised and shocked by this?

Yeah, Stefano did tell Sami he would end the feud if she married EJ and they raised the babies together.

Maybe they are going to say that this is the ONLY way, so she does it? Who knows! There is also a rumor that Lucas is a Dimera too; so that could tie into this later on.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like it but it's not really surprising nor do I think it's meant to be.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Well Stefano did tell Sami beforehand. She said she would do whatever it takes to end the feud, so lets have it,

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Aug 13 2007, 08:50 AM
Well Stefano did tell Sami beforehand. She said she would do whatever it takes to end the feud, so lets have it,

I agree - bring it on because it's getting stale. If Lucas is a DiMera then it seems that should end the feud, and continue the bloodline. Fact of the matter is, if the twins are DiMeras, so what? Will is also Sami and Lucas' son and he would be a DiMera, too. Where's the beef and what's the choice? It doesn't seem that earth shattering to me. :shrug:

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I didn't like them potentially making Lucas a DiMera at first cuz I couldn't figure out how...duh Kate used to be Stefano's whore if I'm right. Her lying about Lucas's paternity and making him good ole Bill Horton's son would explain alot. Despite all of that, I just wish I liked Lucas more these days in order for this to happen, but honestly I don't.

Re: Sami and EJ having to marry: If this is true all I have to say is finally. Ugh I just wish they didn't have to drag this story out so much if their intention was to have these two wed. it shouldn't have been dropped when Stefano first brought it up.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 12 2007, 10:09 PM

But if that's true, then why would Stef want to have the babies possibly die just so he could get their stem cells?

Something is EXTREMELY fishy here!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jonatha
Aug 13 2007, 09:25 AM
Jinxed Soul

I agree - bring it on because it's getting stale. If Lucas is a DiMera then it seems that should end the feud, and continue the bloodline. Fact of the matter is, if the twins are DiMeras, so what? Will is also Sami and Lucas' son and he would be a DiMera, too. Where's the beef and what's the choice? It doesn't seem that earth shattering to me. :shrug:

If Lucas is a DiMera fans will probably see it one of two ways: Lumi fans will think it's cute and poetic and fitting AND be happy the feud is over; and Ejami fans will be PISSED because it will seem like a cop-out and hack writing.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 13 2007, 10:48 PM
Jonatha
Jinxed Soul

If Lucas is a DiMera fans will probably see it one of two ways: Lumi fans will think it's cute and poetic and fitting AND be happy the feud is over; and Ejami fans will be PISSED because it will seem like a cop-out and hack writing.

If Lucas were written to be a DiMera I don't know if I could continue to watch Days. I think that would be the final straw for me.

It's not just that I don't like the character or that I want EJ and Sami together... I just don't see the point.

-I don't think characters should get a new adult paternity reveal every decade and I think they should demonstrate they're capable of carrying at least one other storyline besides a new paternity reveal before they get another one.
-I don't like the idea of a nothing character, Will Roberts, being the first Brady-DiMera child and having him born and all grown cheating us out of all the drama that such an offspring would create.
-I don't like the idea of DOOL caving to an actor crying in print for a particular storyline (in fact another actor's storyline, which is basically what Bryan Datillo was doing in begging to play James Scott's part as a DiMera strugging between good and bad in that interview with SOD or SOW)
-I don't like the idea of DOOL caving to one particular fanbase (Lumis) when they have already given that fanbase every other fucking they wanted.
-I don't think the character of Lucas Roberts meshes well with the DiMeras because he doesn't have the right charm, grace, menace or irreverent wit I expect from members of that family and I don't see Bryan Datillo capable of inbuing those characteristics in Lucas.
-I hate the idea of a DiMera whose name is actually Roberts having an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree.
-I hate making all the 90s Laura Horton drama over Bill's nonexistest/rewritten history affair all for NOTHING.

And the other thing JSF, is that not even all Lumi/Lucas fans like the idea of him being a DiMera so that might just piss off even more people for no reason.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I don't like Lucas being a DiMera either. He has no DiMera traits at all. No personality or strength of spirit. It's better he is a Horton but he should bear the Horton name, too.

EJ came to Salem to hitch up with a Brady woman then it got sidetracked by getting stem cells for Stefano. That sort of ruined this story if it goes back to a DiMera marrying a Brady woman, in my opinion.

And why on earth would that message be in that tabernacle in that location in Ireland??????? anyway.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I think if the whole stem cell aspect had not interfered, EJ wouldn't have been put in as deep a situation to use evil ways. I really believe him and Sami would be together right now, then.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 14 2007, 02:28 AM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 13 2007, 10:48 PM
Jonatha
Jinxed Soul

If Lucas were written to be a DiMera I don't know if I could continue to watch Days. I think that would be the final straw for me.

It's not just that I don't like the character or that I want EJ and Sami together... I just don't see the point.

-I don't think characters should get a new adult paternity reveal every decade and I think they should demonstrate they're capable of carrying at least one other storyline besides a new paternity reveal before they get another one.
-I don't like the idea of a nothing character, Will Roberts, being the first Brady-DiMera child and having him born and all grown cheating us out of all the drama that such an offspring would create.
-I don't like the idea of DOOL caving to an actor crying in print for a particular storyline (in fact another actor's storyline, which is basically what Bryan Datillo was doing in begging to play James Scott's part as a DiMera strugging between good and bad in that interview with SOD or SOW)
-I don't like the idea of DOOL caving to one particular fanbase (Lumis) when they have already given that fanbase every other fucking they wanted.
-I don't think the character of Lucas Roberts meshes well with the DiMeras because he doesn't have the right charm, grace, menace or irreverent wit I expect from members of that family and I don't see Bryan Datillo capable of inbuing those characteristics in Lucas.
-I hate the idea of a DiMera whose name is actually Roberts having an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree.
-I hate making all the 90s Laura Horton drama over Bill's nonexistest/rewritten history affair all for NOTHING.

And the other thing JSF, is that not even all Lumi/Lucas fans like the idea of him being a DiMera so that might just piss off even more people for no reason.

Damn, you PREACH! Exquisite post.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, I don't get the point of the stem cells stuff.

Or this story in general, actually. So the stupid feud could end if a Brady marries a Dimera, that's the rumored condition, but Stefano didn't want that so he locked up the answer in a church in Ireland, or something, so that he could continue to fuck with the Bradys. And now the Bradys want to end it, motivated by...boredom and Sami (which- I'd argue that Sami's more of a threat to Sami's family than the Dimeras are, but whatever works), I guess, so they're going to get the solution to the puzzle in a game nobody but Stefano and Grandpa Shawn knew they were playing. Is that kind of how it's going?

But...if they made Lucas a Dimera then a Dimera heir would've married a Brady and feud over. Except EJ wouldn't likely go for that at this point. And if EJ and Sami get married, it's not like indestructible Andre's going to back down and/or disappear.

So...technically it would switch to Dimera vs. Dimera at that point, I guess, but it still seems like more of the same.

I think I'm just not finding the point in all of this. It's not super entertaining. There are no stakes involved for anyone except Sami at this point (Lucas and EJ too but, c'mon, does anyone care about them as characters independent of her, really?). And if Sami has to marry a Dimera then, well, big fucking deal. What's the sacrifice? She gives up Lucas for a more attractive, wealthier, more interesting man.

Is this another one of those things where they bring up the past only to slaughter it so that we're forced to move on to Touch the Sky and whatnot, like the crappification of Austin/Carrie?

Also, EJ came to Salem to hook up with a Brady woman? But...why? To end the feud? What...because Stefano's dying now so he wants it to end? Or he's always wanted it to end but, like, been too into kidnapping people to make it happen?

I swear, this is not a complicated storyline, and I'm a lot slow lately in the mental department, but it's not coming together for me.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"And if Sami has to marry a Dimera then, well, big fucking deal. What's the sacrifice? She gives up Lucas for a more attractive, wealthier, more interesting man."

EXACTLY!! You rock, px. Always telling it like it is.

If Sami has to be with EJ, she'd be marrying UP! If I were Sami, I'd do it even if it didn't end the damn feud. There comes a time when you realize your partner just ain't cutting it anymore -- and there are other fish in the sea. Sami, THIS is that time.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PX... It's not you that is the problem it's the TPTB at this show who either have no vision for any of this or have someone clashing with their vision resulting in an uneven completely illogical storyline with no emotional punch.

I don't know if this particular story got rewritten to appease the RINR campaigners or it was going to blow no matter what fan reaction was to it, but the lack of continuity and logic behind everything is sooooooooooooo depressing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I will just say one word as to what is always fucking everything up...

FANBASES

That is all.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Well, I do believe that is the intention to break up the fanbases in order to write compelling stories using characters needed to play them out, however, I still contend that the choice of moving Sami to headliner, was poor. She wasn't ready, her fan base wasn't ready and the storyline isn't compelling or believable.

It turned out to be a double-edged sword, too. Instead of breaking up Lumi's fan base, it's created a new fan base.

To me, the best way to break up a fan base is to move the characters off screen or off the show and if they want to use one, just bring back a single person. Point in view, Jack without Jen. There is no reason on earth not to bring Jack back without Jen in my opinion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply