Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSSNS: Week of August 13th
Topic Started: Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM (1,916 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow, Sheridan is such a bitch. Holy crap the way she treated Pretty today was appalling. I'm more convinced than ever it's Beth. I don't buy NBC's claim Beth and Marty are dead. I don't buy it for a second.

Love Tabitha, Edna and Norma torturing Spike. It's so deserved.

LMAO at Kay and her witchcraft.

Looks like Jessica's getting arrested ... It was so random today even though I knew it was coming.

I have to admit I kinda liked Luis and Fancy today.

Loved Ethan/Gwen/Theresa too.

Passions is finally back on track and I'm loving it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Shirtless Spike = :wub:

King
Member Avatar

It's really good casting, but I almost think Pretty and Fancy look TOO similar.

nassaunew

KMAN, I think you meant to type 'Pretty' in the first paragraph.

KING, I don't think that Pretty and Fancy look that much alike. I think that Kam Heskin (Sheridan substitute) and Emily (Fancy) looked A LOT alike.

Decent episode today

The weak link was the whole Gwen, Ethan, and Theresa conversation. Blah, blah, blah

The Fancy and Pretty flashbacks and dream sequences were plentiful but well-done. It established their relationship prior to the acid attack.

I still don't think that Sheridan is Beth. Beth would have tried killing Fancy and others a long time ago. She would not have hesitated trying to kill Theresa.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I did mean to type Pretty, lol. These names are ridiculous!

King
Member Avatar

I know. The names are ridic.

PSNS just put out a casting call for another bastard child of Julian's - Cutie Crane!

Just kidding! But it'd be funny!

KMan101
Member Avatar

I am still on the Beth thing because I just don't see why JER is totally trashing Sheridan only to have him bring on Pretty months later to torment Fancy.

I dunno.

nassaunew

KMan101
Aug 13 2007, 01:59 PM
I am still on the Beth thing because I just don't see why JER is totally trashing Sheridan only to have him bring on Pretty months later to torment Fancy.

I dunno.

JER loves overkill, though.

JER's been writing it as Luis having no real loving feelings towards Sheridan. So, Luis/Fancy needs another obstacle or 2 since Luis is out of prison.

The Pretty thing, I assume, is a way to introduce the unknown child and to build up the mystery and suspense of it along with the blackmailer storyline. I think that Pretty will get her own storyline and love interest within 3 months.

I buy Sheridan being under mind control more than her being Beth. Beth wouldn't be crying about James nor would she really think that Marty is dead. She would be using alive Marty as a way to get Luis back.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Aug 13 2007, 01:58 PM
I know. The names are ridic.

PSNS just put out a casting call for another bastard child of Julian's - Cutie Crane!

Just kidding! But it'd be funny!

Oh, God, you actually had me up until the "just kidding." :o
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

KMan101
Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM
Wow, Sheridan is such a bitch. Holy crap the way she treated Pretty today was appalling. I'm more convinced than ever it's Beth. I don't buy NBC's claim Beth and Marty are dead. I don't buy it for a second.

Looks like Jessica's getting arrested ... It was so random today even though I knew it was coming.

Let's just get something out of the way right now: I liked the Prency scenes just like a bunch of you; the flashbacks helped us understand their relationship more. HOWEVER. Think about it another way, and you'll see why these scenes were very poorly executed. The girls SHOULD HAVE BEEN cast with younger players for these dream sequences. Well, the flashback ones. After all, they may pass for two years ago or three or even four years ago (and that's really pushing it)... BUT EIGHT YEARS AGO?! (Remember, the show is that old and Prency weren't even on the show back then.) To say nothing of the show's timeline. I forget how long Fancy and Pretty had been away from the mansion. The point is, THOSE flashbacks did NOT gel with the show's timeline (at least, for eight years). And I'd bet that even though I forgot the official timeline, those scenes didn't gel with it either.

So... REALITY CHECK, "Pash"!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Meanwhile, how the hell is Kay gonna get out of this one -- and her reaction at the end of Monday's episode was so priceless!

Meanwhile, Ethan, if he were smart (I know, I know), should know that SOMETHING is up with Gwen. Because NO ONE (or, no one I know or have known -- ever) would be so dramatic about telling a father figure that a child needs him. ('He was crying for you and I know how you feel about people who keep secrets about your children from you' -- HOGWASH! lol. That doesn't fit with the situation).

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

AND ANOTHER THING. When they did the close-up of Lucy's legs (YUM! RUFF, RUFF!!! MEEEEEOOOW!!! DAMN!!! :wub:) what was UP with that disgusting thing on Galen's foot? It was his ankle, I believe. GROSS!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 13 2007, 03:26 PM
KMan101
Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM

Let's just get something out of the way right now: I liked the Prency scenes just like a bunch of you; the flashbacks helped us understand their relationship more. HOWEVER. Think about it another way, and you'll see why these scenes were very poorly executed. The girls SHOULD HAVE BEEN cast with younger players for these dream sequences. Well, the flashback ones. After all, they may pass for two years ago or three or even four years ago (and that's really pushing it)... BUT EIGHT YEARS AGO?! (Remember, the show is that old and Prency weren't even on the show back then.) To say nothing of the show's timeline. I forget how long Fancy and Pretty had been away from the mansion. The point is, THOSE flashbacks did NOT gel with the show's timeline (at least, for eight years). And I'd bet that even though I forgot the official timeline, those scenes didn't gel with it either.

So... REALITY CHECK, "Pash"!

Ha. You are forgetting how Passions operates. Remember the Eve & Julian, Alistair & Katherine, Martin & Pilar, etc. flashbacks to 30 years ago? These older actors played 20-somethings, and I found those scenes much bigger stretch of imagination than what we saw today.

Usually with Passions, once the flashbacks involve the characters being at least older teenagers and older, they use the current actors.

This Fancy-Pretty thing had to have happened at least 8-10 years ago. The girls would have been anywhere from 15-19.

Only the first one was a flashback. The second one in the pool was Fancy's dream, so the age made sense there.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

On the Sheridan is Beth issue, that's definately not possible. I'll buy that she's under mind control, but she's definately not Beth. She's had flashbacks to her time with Luis, she wouldn't cry over Chris and James, and she wouldn't hesitate to kill Theresa if it meant saving Luis.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Just watched the show and LOVED IT!!!

I loved that they brought back the man-crazy Edna that we new before with her pinching Spike and then Sam's butts. :lol: Also, Norma was HILARIOUS!!! I can't remember her exact lines but when Kay said something like "Spike is never going to confess" then Norma said something like "Sure he will. Edna, where's my axe?" :lol: :lol:

I still don't like Danica. Her acting is God awful. It's a good thing she didn't have many lines today.

I was laughing my butt off at Gwen's subtle hints to Ethan. :D

Loved the Pretty/Fancy stuff. I new that the whole Pretty reveal was a dream sequence when Luis reacted so negatively to Fancy.

Sheridan...poor Sheridan. I'm glad we got a peak at her human side today.

Deleted User
Deleted User

What I loved was much more subtle. It was how one character would flash back or dream about something and then, when the dream was over, another character would be zoomed in on, suggesting that character had the exact same thought on his or her mind! I was young and foolish when I started watching the show in high school, but they did that a LOT the first year or so and I remembered thinking how novel and cool that was. I'd never seen it before. And if I had, I'd never remembered it.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Pretty: They don't call mono the kissing disease for nothing.

Fancy: You bitch.

*giggles*

OH I loved that part!

I think I'm going to have to tape every ep of this from here on out, because I'm just enjoying this so much.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 13 2007, 09:48 PM

*giggles*

OH I loved that part!

I think I'm going to have to tape every ep of this from here on out, because I'm just enjoying this so much.

See, I didn't love that part, and I'm glad you brought that up because I actually forgot to rant on this issue that is close to my heart.

While the show is great lately, I feel the dialog is WAY off.

First of all, even playfully, in real life, I can't imagine anyone who'd say, "You bitch!" to that line. It's not even a rib, what Pretty said. It's just a FACT. And she's not offending or even playfully offending Fance in any way by saying something even a doctor would lightly say. So, poor dialog choice No. 1.

Now, for poor dialog choice No. 1. Remember when Spike was calling Tabs and Normda "lunatics" and such, when they were looking in the bowl and talking about saving Luis? Well, that made absolutely no choice because, by then (remember he was under their custody in a supernatural cage Tabs conjured, or Endora conjured -- I forget), he KNEW they were witches. So logically, you would just say, "There's a bomb, you ignorant people!" or something similar. Maybe he'd call them "idiots." But "lunatics" doesn't fly. Poor dialog choice.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 13 2007, 09:48 PM

*giggles*

OH I loved that part!

I have to admit the same is true for me. I can't record over more and more of these. I think I'll probably have recorded to DVD every episode until the last NBC one. It's too close to tell though. But all of 'em have something and more than just one thing at that, special.

And the supernatural? MY GOD, it's just nonstop! I love it!!! Kay's hijinks are an example of just what this show needs. That shit was hilarious and the kind of thing that really, ONLY this soap should do. That's why they should take heart in that and embrace their supernatural kookiness and do it MUCH more often.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Just a reminder to all the Passions folks. Get into the DR Top 20 and get your votes in. I mean it too. LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply